Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on April 4, 2010
I just bought this battery a few weeks ago. The battery charged fine, but very often (not every time) when I unplug the laptop, the laptop crashes. But as long as the laptop is plugged into the outlet, it is super. I assume the battery is not holding the charge.
11 comment17 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2011
I wish more reviews would have been available when I first purchased this battery, then I would have understood the problems associated. Just as others have said, the battery has a tendency to make your computer crash. Whenever I tried to put my computer into sleep mode, the entire thing would crash. It's a pain having to restart my computer every time I close it. I thought it was a computer problem until I switched back to my old battery and things are fine again. The product will work fine for a month or two but beware, it can and will fail on you.
on June 29, 2011
Items is listed as a KS526AA for HP Pavilion. This item is NOT HP KS526AA. HP KS526AA is a 12 cell battery. This is a poorly made 4 cell. I've had the battery less than 2 weeks and it will no longer charge, stuck a permanent 14%. Stay Away, Avoid at all costs.
on July 4, 2013
I notified the vendor that the part was wrongly labeled for the dv5 but they refuse to change the item description. The battery received did not fit the Pavilion dv5.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 10, 2014
My old battery died. Just after 15 minutes my laptop would turn off. Now I use this battery. It worked fine for the first 6 months but now it only works for 2 hours. I think for this price it was only supposed to work so long or may be I use my laptop alot and charge it alot therefore.
on March 7, 2013
This was clearly a refurb and had a new looking sticker over the battery area. It did not have the DELL norminclature label. Battery filed internal DELL test. Battery failed after 3 months.
on November 10, 2013
Wow, did I like it !!! Yes I did, it fit, I was surprised but it is doing the job . The price on this battery was fantastic and it is working,,,, thank u!!!!
on October 26, 2010
The battery does not stay in the computer but keeps falling out. I am not happy with the product at all!
on April 6, 2014
The price was GREAT; however, the laptop that I installed it in seems to not be working right since I installed this battery. The charge will hold, but when the laptop goes to sleep, it doesn't come back up. Not sure if these "issues" are related to the new battery or not, but they weren't there with the old battery. This laptop is for my daughter to use to do her school work at home. So, it is okay... for now.
on October 22, 2012
When I searched for the battery I needed I used the same item number HP would use. But when I received the battery it was not the correct one at all. I contacted distributor by email and if I were to return it I would not receive complete refund and if I wanted to pay more I would get the correct battery. So because of their marketing mistake I am paying for it! Never again will I order any items like this!