Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on March 23, 2011
I was skeptical and worried when I saw some of the reviews and the difficulty people were having. It turned out to be ok after all.
1616 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2010
I have an older generation macbook 13 inch from 2006. Then, the battery suddenly failed a week ago. Seeing the original battery is about $120. This item is only $40. Like others say, it doesn't fit "perfectly". I mean it doesn't fit 100% as the original battery; but, I will say it fits around 98%. The only difference is the rubber thing is white (not gray as other original three). But, i never look at the bottom of my laptop when I use it, and I don't really care whether it fits 100% or not as long as it doesn't fall off (it doesn't) and works well. Today is my first day using the battery, and the first time I turn on the computer after fully charged, it shows around 3:30 on the gage, which is not too bad for a generic model. Of course, it would be nice if I bought the original with $120. But, for me that was too much for my 4-year-old macbook. If you have a newer macbook that's less than 2 years; I suggest to get the original from Apple. If yours is old, and/or don't really care about those little details like me, go for this one!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I bought one of these to replace the aging original from my coworker's macbook. While the battery fits and has identical performance to the original, the overall quality of the battery is lower. It doesn't fit smoothly into the battery compartment; you have feel the seams all around the edges. It is also slightly thicker than the original which means it sticks out a bit from the bottom of the notebook.

1) Cheaper than the OEM from Apple
2) Same performance as OEM

1) Does not fit perfectly
2) Slightly more bulky that original

The price is approximately 60% of the OEM direct from Apple, so the question any buyer needs to ask themselves is if savings are worth the downside. If you are a very particular person, I'd suggest paying more for the perfectly fitting original. On the other hand if you don't feel like the negative factors I've described will bother you that much, go ahead and get one.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2011
While other reviewers are correct, it doesn't fit exactly right, it does hold a good charge. BUT, make sure you calibrate it first. The reason some reviewers got less than 5 hours charge was likely because they failed to follow Apple instructions for calibrating a new battery, which apply to non-apple brand as well. This can be found on their support website by googling "macbook battery calibrate".
on June 5, 2010
First off, the original battery for the Macbook isn't a five star item. I wish the battery life were longer. When you experience something like the iPad battery you are permanently spoiled. This battery seems to work as well as the original battery. It was a little hard to install. I had to put some extra pressure on it to get it properly seated, but once that was accomplished, it worked well. The mac sees it and reports on it. The indicator works. The only thing it doesn't do is warn me when it is going to shut down when it's totally out of juice. It didn't shut down until 5%. Speaking of percent, the price I paid was 43% of the price for the "real deal."

From the outside, the fit looks good. It is much whiter than the rest of the casing, but my macbook is four years old and has been through some things. I don't spend a lot of time looking at it from the bottom.

I am satisfied. I would give the original battery three stars, too.
on April 11, 2011
I was using my power cord to use my computer for about a year. Finally fed up with my computer turning off every time the cord came out, I decided to buy a battery from a third party. I wasn't going to buy from Apple because it just wasn't worth $120 for a one and a half year use of a battery. (I have already got two batteries from mac: the first one that came with the laptop, and the second was from the warranty since the first one didn't last a year. The second battery also lasted from about a year to a year and a half.)

When I received my battery, I followed the instructions and charged the battery to its maximum (it took about 9 hours the first charge) and then completely depleted it. I did this a couple of times because I only got the battery to charge to 96% and no matter how many times i did this process it never reached 100%. Regardless, my battery lasts about 2-3 hours each use. I thought this was amazing because my computer is finally a laptop. I have had this battery for a month now and it still works just as well as the day I got it. It was definitely worth buying this battery instead of paying 3 times as much for a mac battery that I knew would only work for a year and a half.

The only problem I have with it is on the bottom of all mac's there are four grey semi-circles. However, this battery doesn't come with it so there is no friction when you put your laptop on a tilted flat surface.

All in all, I love this battery and the only other test that I'm waiting to see it pass is if it lasts at least a year and a half.

(only lasted six months, it's probably time for me to get a new computer.)
on August 10, 2011
I realize that for the cost it will NOT be the same as the original Apple Battery. I can accept that.
I can accept that the color is not correct.
I can accept that the fit is not quite right.
However the battery is thicker therefore once you lock it in place it puts pressure on the underside of the track pad making the track pad button totally unusable - THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2011
I read quite a few reviews on here all stating that this battery was functionally great but had issues with the fit. (I have since modified my review and hence the one star) I went ahead and bought it anyway as well I didn't want to shell out a fortune for an apple one and my macbook is 4 yrs old. However, on installing it I was pleasantly fits very well. I mean I don't think it's going to cause you to have a lopsided viewing at all nor is it noticeable really. It doesn't fit like the apple battery but on a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being the best) it's a 9.8 on just it's fit. As for performance, condition it as instructed on the instructions and it's just as good!

EDIT: It's been a while since I've had this battery, close on a year. The performance of the battery is atrocious...the indicator on my Macbook shows it to be a 100% when it's all charged up, rightly so. However I have the iStat Pro widget which measures a ton of things (which I highly recommend you get) and one parameter is battery health and even when it's fully charged the health of the battery is yet to go past 55%. So it's a battery with an exponentially decaying battery life. I'm now considering just getting the original battery but since the price is prohibitive I've been getting around this by just carrying the charger around with me to most places.

EDIT: The battery backup has now been reduced to 30mins if you're doing some word processing, e-mail checking, etc. In case you're watching a video on youtube that's longer than 7 or so mins, then you won't be able to watch it in it's entirety. So I'm basically carrying around additional weight to my laptop now which does little to improve it's battery life.
on April 26, 2012
Had this battery for 8 months. One night while on the charger it started smoking, so we unplugged it. Upon inspection of the battery noticed the case had split in two and bowed out from what looks like the cell inside failing. I should have splurged and bought the Apple battery the first time. O-Well lessons learned.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2012
My MacBook is over 6 years old, so it didn't make sense investing a lot of money in a new battery.
The old one would last much less than 1 hour(so I always had it plugged in), and it was always hot.
The new battery more than doubled my battery life, doesn't seem to warm up at all, and it's
noticeably lighter than my old battery, so it's like a new laptop. I know 2 hours isn't a long time,
but I don't think I ever got great battery life, and I have doubled memory, added a larger/faster
hard drive. On top of all that, it's old. So I don't expect optimal performance.

The price was great, it fits almost perfect, and as I said above... I am very happy with the performance.
Also, the order arrived quickly.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse