Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Laptop Charger Power Supply AC Adapter for Dell compatible models
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 14, 2011
I bought this cord a few months back and didn't have any problems with it other than that the box would get hot and the cord was really short. But when I plugged it in the other day, it EXPLODED in my hand. We're talking fireworks and smoke. I'm lucky I didn't get hurt! I now have 2 separate pieces of a non-functioning computer cord. I'll be going back to Dell for my new cord.
on March 1, 2010
The people who supply this shouldn't advertise that it will work on a Dell laptop. I plugged it in and my laptop immediately messaged (in huge letters across the screen) that I plugged in an inappropriate power device and that it would not charge the system with this power cord. I emailed them that this unit was defective and did not hear back. The delay had me worried so I had to email amazon that I wasn't getting a response. Amazon refunded my money and THEN the vendor replied that they would send another. I said fine, give it a try. Two weeks later, nothing. I emailed and said if they weren't sending another one, then please send a call tag so I could return the one that didn't work. They said they didn't do that, and that I could send it back on my dime and they would send a postage refund. Due to the fact that they were so unresponsive on other occasions, I wasn't spending any money to return it, so it finally ended up in the garbage. By the way, they begged me not to do a negative review, but I said the truth should be told.
on March 11, 2010
Charger simply stopped working after less than a month of use...clearly not satisfied. However, I am receiving a full refund and do not have to pay for shipping to return the item. The process was easy and the customer service rep. was very nice and for that I am pleased.
on November 24, 2011
This was a piece of crap. It melted down while plugged into the wall outlet and nearly caused an electrical fire in our house.
on April 1, 2010
The other reviews say it all: the cord is short, but it's a steal for the price. I've blown through 4-5 of the "official" dell power supplies in 4 years. I don't expect this one to magically survive being crushed into cases and backpacks, but when it dies, it will hurt much less to replace.
on May 5, 2010
I bought this, despite the other bad reviews, because of its low price. Mistake! I had it in a room where I use the computer a few times a week and needed an extra charger. This worked wonderfully - for about 8 uses. Then it decided to stop taking power (in the middle of me doing some work, wonderful). I unplugged it, reinserted the cables, and it just wouldn't stay on for longer than a few seconds. It is now of its way back!
on December 11, 2011
The product was new and came very quickly. Unfortunately, the connector portion is shaped somewhat of an octagon and does not fit my Dell Latitude D630. Do not buy for Dell, it was a waste of money!
on January 10, 2011
It's a replacement charger for a dell laptop. It's made by a different supplier than the one that Dell uses for their original equipment, but so far we haven't noticed any differences. For a heck of a whole lot cheaper, I say, "Why not?".
on December 14, 2013
It behaves like there is no electricity getting to my Dell computer laptop. The box at the end of the electrical part should have a 3 hole port, nor a 2 hole port. The flat black box should have a triangular 3-hole port. The side-by-side 2 hole port one doesn't work with my laptop. The electricity fits into my surge protector and the plug into the back of my computer works, but it still behaves like there's no electricity coming into the computer.
on May 11, 2014
I bought this charger because my dog chewed mine up. (more than once) After buying two $65 chargers at Best Buy, I decided to look on Amazon and was pleasantly surprised to find a charger for about $9. (that works) Just make sure you buy the one that fits your computer...I had to return my first one because I apparently bought the wrong one and it wouldn't plug into my computer. Great buy...easy fix!