Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on December 22, 2010
If you have shopped around for Dell laptop batteries, you know that this one is WAY cheaper than the one that Dell sells directly. My original Dell battery only lasted 2 years so why would I go to Dell and pay $150 for a replacement when I could get a no-frills brand battery for only $28 including shipping? Even if this no-frills battery only lasts me 6 months, I am still way ahead of the game. OK, I will come down from my soapbox and tell you that this $28 battery fit perfectly into our Dell laptop, and performs well. After a full charge, it runs the laptop for many hours before needing a recharge. Even at $100, this would be a great deal. At $28, this is a no-brainer. I recommend this battery for anyone who needs a replacement or spare battery for thier Dell laptop.
22 comments|192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2011
let me start out by saying that I was quite skeptical of buying a battery online for half the price that Dell offers them at, but being the extremely broke college student that I am, I really didn't have much of a choice. Let me tell you that so far, this product is great. (its only been a few days, but all seems well) Fits perfectly into my inspiron 1525, and holds a charge for over 3 hrs while surfing the internet and through constant use. I would suggest this product to anyone and am extremely satisfied. great product, and it arrived at my door within 4 days. Will change my rating to a 5 star after i have owned it for a month or so if it continues to work like this.
22 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 17, 2011
I've had my Inspiron 1545 for about a year and a half (bought it new) and first my charging cable died out of nowhere, then I got an alert saying my battery was basically dying for good. Dell wanted me to shell out $130 for this cable. With expedited shipping, I still paid $100 less and the battery works perfectly. It's in my computer right now as I type this. Long story short, Dell is a terrible, money hungry company who drastically overcharges for shoddy equipment, and items like this are the perfect solution.
22 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2011
It seemed to work for about a week but then stopped accepting a charge. Fortunately, Amazon stands behind the products that they sell. They made it easy for me to return it for a full refund. I will try again to find a functional replacement laptop battery.
on May 3, 2011
I tried to save money and it came back to bite me. The battery does not charge. My Dell Inspirion 1545 says plugged in not charging. It didn't work straight out of the package. VERY disappointing! Sadly, I even read the reviews of this happening to others and thought surely it wouldn't happen to me. How could someone sell a faulty item and get away with it? I so wish I had just bought a battery from Dell. I guess its time to read the return policy. I will update after I return it.
2323 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2010
Ordered Monday afternoon, arrived on Friday. Charged up in about 45 minutes. Works great in my Inspiron 1545. The mfr. wants about $50-60 more the same.
66 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2011
Dell's battery that came in my wife's laptop would never provide more than 2 hours of up time. I complained to Dell, but you know how that goes. This replacement battery provides double the original battery provided.NEW Laptop/Notebook Battery for Dell Inspiron 1525 1526 1545
on June 5, 2012
Never again will I purchase this item. It worked for less than a day and did not fit correctly in the corresponding laptop I ordered it for. I did not make a mistake on which model it was, and yet the item I ordered stated it was made for such a model (Inspiron 1545).
on May 24, 2011
I bought this to replace my old Dell battery that would last 38 minutes after fully charged. I bought this and it lasts 1 hour and 15 minutes !!! A brand new battery ????? I do NOT believe it, needed it for a trip and now I am stuck with this garbage !!!
on April 18, 2012
Battery I ordered charged for about the first 2weeks, now it won't stay charged and I have to leave my computer plugged in...disappointed.