5.0 out of 5 stars Battery does it's job
I found the battery easy to use for my needs. The instruction sheet was easy to follow, the battery well-priced and has been doing its job for months. Good investment.
Published 18 months ago by Pleased grandma!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not working battery
Installed battery in a Dell Latitude 530.
Battery displayed as fully charge, but as soon as I unplugged the power cord, the laptop shut down.

Contacted tech support and they suggested that I discharge and charge battery. Unable to discharge as I could not run without power cord.

was going to return to seller but freight cost was almost half the...
Published on January 29, 2011 by Steven Butterworth

1.0 out of 5 stars Not working battery, January 29, 2011
This review is from: NEW Laptop/Notebook Battery for Dell Latitude D500 D505 D510 D520 D530 D600 D610 (Electronics)
Installed battery in a Dell Latitude 530.

was going to return to seller but freight cost was almost half the battery cost.
I decided it was not worth it and gave up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery died in two (2) days time, January 11, 2012
Got the battery fully charged, started working okay, then after Two (2) days of heavy usage, battery went DEAD.
Try to recharge, using laptop's a/c adapter, but battery is not holding charge and observed a red X across battery, when pulled up power meter window in windows XP. I would advise don't buy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Well... somewhat disappointing., December 22, 2011
The delivery of this item was very quick which is always a nice thing.
But this is my 2nd battery that I've purchased here and I just don't know... it's just disappointing.
My 1st battery (didn't buy it from this vendor) died within a month - the laptop (Dell Latitude D600) wouldn't stay on even with the power cord plugged in. So I had to return it.
Then I bought this one.
It was working great - but only for maybe 1.5 weeks, roughly 2 weeks. The month is not even over yet and I'm already mulling over the option of returning this item!..
The thing is, once I unplug the power cord, the battery sign automatically goes on, flashing red, saying that the battery is dangerously low. Then the laptop stays on for 15 seconds and shuts down. So I leave it plugged in for the whole night to charge it. The battery doesn't pick up the charge. The only way for the battery to work is to have the power cord plugged in 24/7 when you're working on the laptop. But I don't want to rely on the power cord at all times!.. I'd like for the battery to work on its own! And so I've left it charging overnight NUMEROUS times, and it still didn't work. And I can't discharge it and then fully charge it again, like it's normally recommended, because the battery is ALREADY discharged and it's not picking up the charge...
This is frustrating and disappointing. I'd be happy if the battery lasted me at least a year (or even 9 months). But less than ONE month? That's just sad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery does it's job, June 4, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars NEW Laptop/Notebook Battery for Dell Latitude, December 28, 2011
Arrived very quickly. It only holds a charge for maybe an hour, probably not even. But then on the other hand you could buy new OEM from Dell or a Dell re-seller and pay 4 times as much for one that holds a charge for two hours.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good battery for the money!, November 7, 2011
I am very pleased with the laptop battery I purchased through Amazon. I would definitely reccommend this product to anyone. I was also pleased with the fact that I received the battery in such a short time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Replacement battery for D530, October 2, 2011
So I ordered this battery after being fed up with the less than 30 minutes of battery life on the original battery (thanks Dell, less than a year, seriously?). I searched Amazon and I could not believe I found a replacement for under 20 bucks. I was skeptical since it was so cheap for a battery, but I decided it's 20 bucks, if the thing dies on me, oh well. Well I got this battery in the first week of April and after 6 months it is still running at a strong 3.5 hours of battery life on normal internet use and office applications, about 2.5 to 3 with music and video,and 2 to 2.5 with some flash based games and such, which is much better than the stock battery could do 6 months in. I would certainly buy this battery again when needed and I've even contemplated buying one or two more for long trips! The only thing I can say negatively about this is that the lock is a little more flimsy feeling and the battery life display on it is a little different, but overall it is still very durable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as Advertised, July 20, 2011
Gave the battery life a nice bump. Went from 2 hours to 3.5 (according to windows estimated time) That's acceptable

4.0 out of 5 stars Good after market battery, December 30, 2011
Loren R. Chambers (Soap Lake, Washington) - See all my reviews
My original battery, a few years old, died. It would not hold even a minute's charge. So I found this battery via Amazon. I love Amazon. Way less money than Dell and most other sellers. So I figured, how can I go wrong. Well, this battery lasts 3-4 hours, about what you'd expect from a new Dell batter. I've very pleased about that.

For those who don't know, any laptop battery, if left plugged in all the time, will die more quickly than if used without the external power cord. Then you have the task of plugging it in when it needs it, but unplugging it again when it is charged. Your batter will last much longer that way.

I use my laptop some times for hours at a time, much longer than the battery will last. So I've taken to removing the battery and using only the external power as I sit in my favorite recliner and study my Bible and listen to online sermons. Then if I need to be mobile I'll simply insert the battery and unplug the cord.

I would highly recommend this battery to anyone looking for an after market battery. You'll save a lot. Thank you, Amazon, for providing very affordable products.

2.0 out of 5 stars THe batteries died in a few months, November 26, 2010
My previous rating was 5 start and that's what I wrote:
I bought two DELL batteries for my Latitude laptop because they were so much cheaper than I shopped DELL directly. I got them quickly and they work well. Very happy customer.

Today I downgrade it to 2 stars and would say - do not buy.
The batteries lasted for only a few months before they stopped holding charge. Today they are useless as the laptop only can work a minute or two on these "fully charged" batteries.