5.0 out of 5 stars Cools the laptop, saves battery life
I can't believe how quiet the fans are on this stand. I've tried out a couple laptop stands and use a different one at work, but this one is the best for the "quiet" factor.

Published on June 11, 2008 by Artoo

This has some good design features such as adjustable angle, but a design flaw was locating its power cord on the back. Worse, the power cord is on the bottom where it contacts any surface it rests on, eventually causing it to break loose from day to day use and impact.

Published on October 2, 2009 by J

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Cools the laptop, saves battery life, June 11, 2008
This review is from: Laptop Stand & Cooling Stand (Dual-Fan Extra Quiet) - Silver (Accessory)

The battery on my laptop is located towards the back of the laptop right by the fans and the fans actually keep the battery cool whereas before, the battery would get very hot. I had a battery go bad on my laptop a while back, and it was probably because it would get so hot. Having the fans cool the laptop has been fantastic.

I like how the USB hub is attached to the fan (I actually prefer it to the fan on my computer), it can power simple USB devices such as a keyboard or mouse just fine. I think it needs to be plugged into a power source to power portable hard-drives, etc.

My only complaint is that I have a 17" laptop and it seems a little big for the stand. I have to be careful not to bump it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stand, couple minor issues, February 26, 2009
I bought this for my 13" MacBook. The laptop fits well on the stand and the fans keep the machine cool, even when crunching through video processing. I wanted to give this 5 stars, but two things kept me from doing so. First, the USB hub requires external power to run anything other than a USB stick (such as an external hard drive, which I use for Time Machine). Unfortunately, there is no such power source in the box and I'm still trying to find one.

The second drawback is, since I'm not using an external keyboard, typing on the laptop causes the stand to bounce a little bit from side to side. Since the incline is supported by a center support, it's just pivoting on that support. It's not terrible, but if you're a heavy typer (guilty), it does make you slow down a little bit.

So, good product, very quiet. The feet are solid on my desk and the incline levels are comfortable to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cooling product out there!, June 6, 2008
I constantly am trying new product to see which one cools my notebook PC the best. Well ding ding ding we have a winner! The three fan set up on this cooling device keep my laptop running as cool as possible bar none! The reason I am so obsessed with keeping my laptop cool is because I have gigabytes of important files stored on it and if you over heat your notebook you run the risk of losing everything! Thousand of hours of work gone! This product lets me relax a little knowing that my laptop will remain cool throughout the work day. Now I just need to figure out how to stop those dang power outages!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original fan!, November 4, 2008
The internal fan on my laptop went out. Rather than having to deal with opening the bottom up and risk not being able to put it back together properly (not to mention the price of a new internal fan), I purchased this convenient "plug-and-play" device. The power comes from a plug into the USB port, which corresponds to the power of the computer. You can also manually turn off the fan in cooler weather. My cooling stand has been on for weeks and works like a charm. The dual fan and the tilted stand allows better circulation than ever. There are cheaper products available, but I'm glad I got this one. Works like a charm. For those who are not proficient with hardware, imagine what the computer service center would charge you to replace an internal fan. This is a convenient and way better alternative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laptop Stand & Cooling Stand (Dual-Fan Extra Quiet) - Silver, March 16, 2009
A. Ward (WASHINGTON, DC USA) - See all my reviews
This is wonderful.. my 17 inch screen fits on it very well without any problems. The UBS ports on the stand also are very useful. Good
deal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent while it lasts. In less than 3 months, one fan is broken., October 2, 2009

Just short of the 3-month mark, the left fan started making noise. A week after that, it quit working altogether. This is cheap-quality product. Sadly, this is the third cooling pad I have had, and this is the best of those three. It cools effectively when it works. My 15.4" laptop's internal cooling fan ran less when this product worked.

In the long run, you'll be better off paying for something better built than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, January 18, 2009
I bought the stand for my boyfriend who is a total gamer. He plays his games on his laptop for lengthy periods of time and it does not overheat! It's also completely silent, he always has it running and I have never heard a sound. He also loves the fact that its a stand as well. He can sit it on his desk and his laptop is much easier to see and use. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who needs a laptop cooler or for someone who games a lot on their laptop, this thing works wonders. It's also a great price! Definitely try this laptop cooling station!!

3.0 out of 5 stars I would consider other options, September 15, 2009
Good product not a great one. This stand has to uses, it serves as a stand and it's a cooling pad. The first is quite good, it allows you different angles improving you posture and enabling to see the screen in a better way, however you need to get a separate keyboard cause it's kind of weird to type using the laptop's keyboard. The cooling pad doesn't really get the job done. Two very weak and poor fans that really don't cool your laptop

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great and quiet, November 26, 2010
This is day one and I'm quite happy. I only hear the two fans when I lift the computer off the cooler, when in place I can't hear them. I notice there is a jack for 5 volts probably if you use some heave draw items, it's NOT explained.

I plugged it into my Belkin powered hub which has extra USP jacks so I have no need for these which means I'll need to manually turn off the fan when finished because I never shut off the Belkin hub. It would turn off automatically with the computer if you powered it from the computer.

So far very happy. My laptop sits on a tray because it gets too hot for my lap, now everything is cool. It has two fans so if one does quit I'll still have cooling from one fan but keeping fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

I prefer it down flat (not elevated). These is still room to slide my fingers under it to feel the breeze when down. I suspect the cooling would be greater if needed if it was elevated, there are several positions. It's just right for my Gateway 450 13" wide laptop. I was concerned because I added a Gigabyte PCI Bus Card (plugs in the side) and the card was running really hot, NOT now!

4.0 out of 5 stars laptop cooling stand, June 11, 2009
Works great can hold laptop at many different hights simple to use. Blue light on back tells you that fans are on, it run very quiet.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›