Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Laptop Stand & Cooling Stand (Dual-Fan Extra Quiet) - Silver
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

I can't believe how quiet the fans are on this stand. I've tried out a couple laptop stands and use a different one at work, but this one is the best for the "quiet" factor.

The battery on my laptop is located towards the back of the laptop right by the fans and the fans actually keep the battery cool whereas before, the battery would get very hot. I had a battery go bad on my laptop a while back, and it was probably because it would get so hot. Having the fans cool the laptop has been fantastic.

I like how the USB hub is attached to the fan (I actually prefer it to the fan on my computer), it can power simple USB devices such as a keyboard or mouse just fine. I think it needs to be plugged into a power source to power portable hard-drives, etc.

My only complaint is that I have a 17" laptop and it seems a little big for the stand. I have to be careful not to bump it.
on February 26, 2009
I bought this for my 13" MacBook. The laptop fits well on the stand and the fans keep the machine cool, even when crunching through video processing. I wanted to give this 5 stars, but two things kept me from doing so. First, the USB hub requires external power to run anything other than a USB stick (such as an external hard drive, which I use for Time Machine). Unfortunately, there is no such power source in the box and I'm still trying to find one.

The second drawback is, since I'm not using an external keyboard, typing on the laptop causes the stand to bounce a little bit from side to side. Since the incline is supported by a center support, it's just pivoting on that support. It's not terrible, but if you're a heavy typer (guilty), it does make you slow down a little bit.

So, good product, very quiet. The feet are solid on my desk and the incline levels are comfortable to use.
on June 6, 2008
I constantly am trying new product to see which one cools my notebook PC the best. Well ding ding ding we have a winner! The three fan set up on this cooling device keep my laptop running as cool as possible bar none! The reason I am so obsessed with keeping my laptop cool is because I have gigabytes of important files stored on it and if you over heat your notebook you run the risk of losing everything! Thousand of hours of work gone! This product lets me relax a little knowing that my laptop will remain cool throughout the work day. Now I just need to figure out how to stop those dang power outages!
on November 4, 2008
The internal fan on my laptop went out. Rather than having to deal with opening the bottom up and risk not being able to put it back together properly (not to mention the price of a new internal fan), I purchased this convenient "plug-and-play" device. The power comes from a plug into the USB port, which corresponds to the power of the computer. You can also manually turn off the fan in cooler weather. My cooling stand has been on for weeks and works like a charm. The dual fan and the tilted stand allows better circulation than ever. There are cheaper products available, but I'm glad I got this one. Works like a charm. For those who are not proficient with hardware, imagine what the computer service center would charge you to replace an internal fan. This is a convenient and way better alternative.
on September 28, 2011
Positives:
Fans are quiet
the USB hub comes in handy for my keyboard and mouse
the stand up part is great it can bring my laptop screen high enough to work as a second display next to my 20.5" LCD monitor.

Negatives:
Fans are weak, and the fan bearing went out about two months into using it so they make a horrible sound when they're on
there is a blue light to let you know it's on but it's really bright and will cast a large blue halo behind your laptop if your room is dark. It's annoying to me because I have to sleep in the room that this thing is in.

For the price it's just OK, if the fans lasted longer I would have given it 3 stars, but since they crapped out pretty early, and they were weak it only gets two. I'll try to replace the fans myself with a higher quality fan that pushes more CFM.
on June 16, 2011
Packaging was simple and straightforward, took less than a minute to actually get at the product.
Instructions weren't needed, it's braindead to install - plug in the usb cable, pull down the tiltie thingy, and adjust the height on your laptop to get to what you like. Me, I like my laptop screen to be straight on, this fits the bill perfectly. After craning my neck the last few weeks looking sideways and down at my attached VGA out and the integrated display my neck says thank you.

The fans are a bit louder than the laptop fans (oh, I have 2 stands), but nothing a little itunes can't fix :) If I want quiet, a simple flick of the switches, and golden peace.
on October 23, 2011
This item deserves a 5 star rating if you have a small size laptop, which we had at the time. The cooler was extremly quiet, virtually no sound, and I believe the added cooling of your system is always a plus. We got a larger laptop and this particular cooler will not accomidate our larger laptop. Next time,I purchased one, I would see if it has a size restricting its use. Worked great on the little one though, no complaints.
on March 16, 2009
This is wonderful.. my 17 inch screen fits on it very well without any problems. The UBS ports on the stand also are very useful. Good
deal.
on October 2, 2009
This has some good design features such as adjustable angle, but a design flaw was locating its power cord on the back. Worse, the power cord is on the bottom where it contacts any surface it rests on, eventually causing it to break loose from day to day use and impact.

Just short of the 3-month mark, the left fan started making noise. A week after that, it quit working altogether. This is cheap-quality product. Sadly, this is the third cooling pad I have had, and this is the best of those three. It cools effectively when it works. My 15.4" laptop's internal cooling fan ran less when this product worked.

In the long run, you'll be better off paying for something better built than this.
on January 18, 2009
I bought the stand for my boyfriend who is a total gamer. He plays his games on his laptop for lengthy periods of time and it does not overheat! It's also completely silent, he always has it running and I have never heard a sound. He also loves the fact that its a stand as well. He can sit it on his desk and his laptop is much easier to see and use. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who needs a laptop cooler or for someone who games a lot on their laptop, this thing works wonders. It's also a great price! Definitely try this laptop cooling station!!