4.0 out of 5 stars One of the better snack bars you'll find
Published on March 5, 2007 by A. D. Mucciolo

3.0 out of 5 stars Good lemon flavor,no potassium punch.Back to the lab.
Published on January 30, 2007 by Claxon,Bill

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the better snack bars you'll find, March 5, 2007
This review is from: Larabar Fruit and Nut Food Bar, Lemon Bar, 1.8-Ounce Bars (Pack of 16) (Health and Beauty)
I've now sampled four different varieties of LaraBar, and here's my main take on the lemon ones: if you like lemon squares, this is your bar. The all-natural raw foods approach makes for a great snack bar - not over-sweetened, no sticky aftertaste, not too dry, and one bar was often the perfect mid-afternoon snack to carry me over until dinner - but the lemon flavor here is definitely not subtle. I still enjoyed the box, but prefer the cherry pie or banana cookie flavors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Packs a big lemony punch, July 18, 2007
As other reviewers have noted, when they say lemon flavor they mean lemon flavor. But, my God, are they ever good! I've tried the cherry and the apple but the lemon are my favorites. You might even get your kids to eat them.

The ingredient list is the kicker--only five items (dates, cashews, almonds, lemon juice concentrate, natural lemon flavor). Not a bunch of artificial flavors, high-fructose corn syrup, preservatives and the like.

5.0 out of 5 stars COLLEGE STUDENT'S BEST FRIEND, October 3, 2010
These kept me healthy through college - a GREAT studying snack, because the fruit and nuts both keep you energized and facilitate brain function (at least that's what my nutritionist friend told me). End result was I graduated engineering in 3.5 years with a great GPA! And I did not gain weight like most of my dorm buddies, even though I had very little time for exercise. Seriously - send your kid a pack of these instead of cookies or candy, they will thank you!

My favorite bar was lemon - although I think that's a personal preference. Haven't tried all of them, but I mean too. My new husband and my father both need a health makeover (one needs to watch glycemic impact, the other needs to watch fat & sodium), but both love junk food, and so I'm going to try and get them into these too!

5.0 out of 5 stars divinity, May 17, 2008
it was if god himself were in my mouth sitting on a lawn chair while drinking something really tasty and cool...it was as if a brinks truck had driven a billion dollars in unmarked bills from a bank heist that went sour into my mouth...it was like a thousand supermodels were bouncing naked on trampolines on my epiglottis...sort of like the beatles jimi hendrix and led zeppelin were singing the star spangled banner to my taste buds...like a unicorn making sweet love to my tongue{a girl unicorn of course}...it is the cure for disease, war, poverty, and pestilence not to mention hotdog finger...long live the lara bar

5.0 out of 5 stars Low-cal delicious snack, February 18, 2008
Toscadiva (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
Only recently have I discovered the satisying, interesting spectrum of
flavors being offered by this product. The lemon is my current favorite, but I have tried several of the others and find them equally satisfying.
These food bars are low in calories, high in nutrition, handy snack size and perfect for any folks with certain dietary limitations. Unfortunately,I have many food allergies found in MOST of the commercial snacks on the market, so these are very welcome to me.
Check the ingredient panel and be pleasantly surprised!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flavor!!, August 9, 2007
It's an all-natural lemon bar that doesn't include any processed ingredients! I love this stuff and eat one every day!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lemon larabar, January 18, 2013
First off while opening the package you get a good lemon sent. Bar semi firm and pretty moist from the dates. Great lemon flavor, reminiscent of a lemon merengue pie. Bit of crunch from the almonds and cashews. Overall a great bar. Gluten, dairy, and soy free (there are only five ingredients: dates, cashews, almonds, lemon juice concentrate, and natural lemon flavor) non gmo, vegan, and kosher. Package is very well labeled with these notes.

It lacks any value in the form of vitamins. But has a decent amount of fiber. Higher in fat (11g) than most other bars I've tried.

I would recommend these to take along with for some snacking purposes mostly as a candy bar reacement. Not really nutritious enough for an emergency meal replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE LARABARS!!!, April 9, 2011
Amazon always has such good prices! I'm so happy I can purchase larabars off Amazon, because I live in Canada and honestly, they sell them for about $1.75/bar it's ridiculous.

The lemon larabars are so far my favorite. They are healthy too, with no preservatives and have such little ingredients and are all natural! They're such a great snack. I would HIGHLY recommend the lemon larabars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Snack ~ Great Taste, July 12, 2007
A little harder to find than most of the other Larabars....by far my favorite. All natural and very light lemon flavor. Packed with nuts to satisfy hunger for several hours and just sweet enough to keep cravings at bay. My six year old even likes these.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good lemon flavor,no potassium punch.Back to the lab., January 30, 2007
The creators of this flavor (in the excellent larabar line of energy bars) got the lemon flavor perfect;but why did they leave out the potassium common in most other selections?The potassium is what makes the good "well being" feeling after you have digested this wonderful fiber heavy food and without that you get a curious hollow feeling when you are supposed to be humming.That is Humm Foods goal, after all.I wonder what lara was thinking about with this one flavor?I would suggest a re-working of the lemon selection to incorporate more minerals.( especially the potassium).Otherwise, these are great bars; the cherry pie and cinnemon roll are the best ,followed by banana cookie,pecan pie,and apple pie of the flavors I have tried.But as everyone knows, most no other opinion is more subjective than taste.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›