Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Holy Bible, King James Version
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Hardcover|Change

on July 31, 2012
This current printing of the kjv large print has some differences as compared to earlier printings of the same bible.
Current printing-
* done by L.E.G.O, an Italian bible publishing company
* has softer n more flexible French morocco leather
* has only one ribbon marker
* less opaque paper but still readable

Previous printing-
* done in United Kingdom
* has harder n stiffer French morocco leather
* has two ribbon markers
* more opaque paper
on March 10, 2006
With the plethora of study material now available to any student of any level of learning, a "study" Bible is a little obsolete. Space constraints in study Bibles require limited notes on even very important subjects and no notes at all on many others. It is also virtually impossible for the compiler of the study Bible to avoid personal slants and interpretations in his or her notes.

These considerations suggest an alternative approach to the Bible student's library, i.e. a good "plain" Bible for reading and a separate collection of excellent reference material for study.

The Cambridge KJV Large Print Bible in French Morocco Leather perfectly meets the need for a good reading Bible. The print is well-sized for easy reading and avoiding eye fatigue. The book itself is kept to a manageable size making carrying it to church or other meetings a pleasure rather than a chore. The binding, cover, and fit and finish is of the high quality for which Cambridge is famous. This Bible can be expected to give years of pleasurable service.

An excellent value for the student, pastor or ordinary Christian seeking a good quality KJV Bible just for reading and enjoying.
on July 6, 1999
Ideal dimensions and print size. Supple ready-to-use french morocco leather. Pure KJV text alone!
on August 19, 2004
Excellent binding and feel! Beautiful tyoeface style and easy to read size! Will no doubt cherish this till I am carried out of this World! Praise the Lord! Jesus Saves!
on June 18, 2013
I have eleven copies of the KJV of the Bible; some have the original 1611 text, and others have more modern spelling. This one under review in the latter category. The bibles differ in font style and size, binding, and other aspects of presentation. Based on my buying experience, I have concluded that bibles published by Cambridge University Press are first class. Cambridge has been publishing bibles for centuries and has got it down to a fine art. This particular edition of the KJV attracted my attention because I wanted a bible with larger font size. The overall quality of the book is excellent; the book is not as large as one might expect from a large-print version; it's quite portable but it's not a pocket book; the price is amazing - even school books cost more than this. It is my favourite copy of the KJV.
on April 2, 2007
This has to be the most beautiful bible that I have had the pleasure to use. It is comfortable to hold, with the pages staying open when reading. The pages are crisp and clear with no clutter. This text only edition has the added advantage of no footnotes or cross references to distract the reader.

Again, this is a very well made Bible that is a great pleasure to read. And best of all its a KJV.
on January 14, 2016
I have not been able to get rid of my poor old "dog-eared" KJV bible which I read every day. Now it is past the time to have replaced it and with too many rolls of scotch tape used to hold it together I decided to make an extensive search for a good and much valued book that I read every single day. Knowing that I have bought some very expensive bibles in the past that I didn't want to damage from every day use I decided to make a check into several websites that only sell KJV bibles. I saw this particular bible and fell in love with it right away! Since I like to read with my bible wherever I am at the moment it usually means being propped open on my lp. After all it is the most comfortable way for me to read. But after seeing the damage done to my "dog-eared bible I wanted to try the hardcover version of this particular bible and I am very happy that I made this choice. One other thing that I liked about this particular bible was that it had no distractions at the bottom of the verses (word explanations) so that it would not hinder my reading. If you need a large print bible as I do this one has a perfect sized print! After having had cataract surgery on both my eyes (twice for each eye) I value quality print and it is the perfect one for me. It its my hope that others who want to purchase a new bible see this review. I still have not gotten rid of my dog-eared bible but as soon as I finish highlighting the pages I will put it into retirement. Thank you Amazon for giving such a wide assortment of books and some very good prices on them as well. This was the perfect gift for myself and thanks to you I will enjoy my daily devotions again instead of trying to place the pages back into a mangled cover...
on May 5, 2013
If you are looking for a great Bible that is easy to read with large, good print, this is it!
It is the pure Word of God without any manmade footnotes or man's oppinion. Only scripture.
This is the best book on earth; The King James Version in its purest form; the Cambridge edition.
All of the other modern "bible" versions have had scriptures removed and had many scriptures
changed. Not this one! God has really preserved His Word! Psalm 12:6,7.This Bible is the real Word
of God.

God bless everyone who has made this Bible available! It is my dream come true! The Word of God is
the Sword of the Spirit. With this one you are able to slit the throats of demons during spiritual warfare.
Psalm 18:40.
on April 10, 2007
This is a very high quality Bible. The French Morocco leather cover is thick, yet soft and pliable. The pages were not stuck together like most Bibles when they're new. Large type is dark and extremely easy to read. Self-pronouncing text on difficult names and places is not distracting. Amazingly, this Bible isn't very heavy. The paper quality is nice, but if you use highlighters you'll want to use the dry kind to avoid bleed through. Great Bible at a great price for those looking for text-only Bible.
on May 4, 2016
I got it yesterday and I can't help but pick it up every time I see it on my table. The French Morocco leather cover has a nice feel to it. It's grainy and not smooth, which I like. The large print is very clear and bold, but not gigantic. It's not a huge Bible either, so it's easy to take anywhere. It has no references, concordance or maps which is what I want. Right now I'm wanting to read a text only Bible. I've got plenty of study Bibles, but I want the word to speak for itself.