4.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Larry King
I ve been impressed with the first two discs so far. Its what Larry King is all about..nothing really too in-depth and a its a nice walk down memory lane. The second disc really brought back some of the big news stories over the years. I ve always enjoyed Larry Kings interviews and this collection does not dissapoint.

Last week XM radio devoted an entire...
Published on April 23, 2007 by Richard Kaplan

3.0 out of 5 stars Lorraine's review of Larry King's DVD Set
Published on June 12, 2007 by Lorraine Viewpoint

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Lorraine's review of Larry King's DVD Set, June 12, 2007
This review is from: Larry King Live - The Greatest Interviews (DVD)
Although I like Larry King and his style of interviewing guests I was disappointed that this set of DVDs jumps from one person to another and then back again instead of showing the whole interview in its entirety. What I saw on TV as an advertisement is exactly how the DVD is so I guess I got what they portrayed, except that I thought that the TV ad was snippets of the DVD and not the actual DVD.

2.0 out of 5 stars Larry King -The Greatest Interviews, September 9, 2007
This review is from: Larry King Live - The Greatest Interviews (DVD)
Interview for each person should be presented in its entirety for continuity of thought. The tape jumps from say Sinatra, to Clinton, to Johnny Cash, Bush, Reagan, Hilary, etc. etc..back and forth back and forth. The format does not make things interesting.

2.0 out of 5 stars No scene selection, June 8, 2007
Graham S. Brunk (Lake Worth, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Larry King Live - The Greatest Interviews (DVD)
I gave this two stars because it was released at all. I think atleast ONE full episode maybe of the first episode in 1985 should have been included. Let alone, i should have been able to choose what interviews i wanted to see, you cant even skip chapters to various interviews without missing tons! I was very disappointed with this DVD and returned it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, April 22, 2007
This review is from: Larry King Live - The Greatest Interviews (DVD)
Well, I'm disappointed with the "Larry King Interviews" dvds. I've only watched part of the first disc, which is the one with entertainers, but disappointed with the presentation.

The quality is great, but there is no scene selection or scene guide to any of the interviews, mainly because there are no complete full interviews with any of the people he talks to. Just a hodgepodge of clips with the celebrities talking about whatever the subject is that he introduces (relationships, success, etc).

I'm sorry I bought this, I should have stayed with my original plan to rent it.

Oh well, that's the way it goes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Larry King, April 23, 2007
Richard Kaplan (Bloomsburg, Pa United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Larry King Live - The Greatest Interviews (DVD)

Last week XM radio devoted an entire channel to Larrys interviews over the years, and I taped as much as I could. These are a little more in depth. As much as I would have enjoyed full hour long interviews on some of his topics on these DVDs, I am enjoying the set, nonetheless

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful trip down Memory Lane, May 15, 2007
This review is from: Larry King Live - The Greatest Interviews (DVD)
I have always liked larry King but to sitback & to watch this D V D is to realize a couple of things one that I am not as young as used to be but more importantly I realize how much I have experianced in my Life.

I would truly invite & encourage people to pick this up as it is a great way to relive History with the younger members of there family.

4.0 out of 5 stars While the format is not the best, the content is "King", July 5, 2014
J. Powell (Mid-Atlantic, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Larry King Live - The Greatest Interviews (DVD)
This is a little frustrating because each disc, skips around from interview to interview, at roughly one question per person, and then circling back for more questions from the same person. While the format is not the best, the content is "King", (pun intended)
It's just really a good source to have on your bookshelf, and pop in, when you're up late one night, or whenever.

The price new on this is better than I bought it used, so really, it's quite a great deal, for the amount of content and entertainment you get.

4.0 out of 5 stars From Behind the Microphone, April 6, 2014
This review is from: Larry King Live - The Greatest Interviews (DVD)
If you want to try and understand the last 3 or 4 decades in the U.S.A. this dvd-set from Mr. King will be helpful. His interviewing show on CNN ran for many years before he took up some show in Russia. He's interviewed former presidents, actors, comedians, actresses, billionaires, and even presidents of other countries.

As for his status as an interviewer I'd say he's in the top 10 for the last two decades. While few people are talking about him anymore and he was a late-night joke about being one of the oldest people alive, he had some interesting guests on and occasionally asked questions that were difficult to answer.

There's over 90 hours of footage and 3 DVD's so plenty of time to check it all out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Larry king fan, February 19, 2014
This review is from: Larry King Live - The Greatest Interviews (DVD)
I enjoyed his interviews he did over the years and this one is a great one to get if you liked watching his show back then.

3.0 out of 5 stars not indexed or organized, September 20, 2013
This review is from: Larry King Live - The Greatest Interviews (DVD)
I was looking for interviews with Anna Nicole Smith (research for the opera Anna Nicole), which IMDB said would be there.
It took me almost 2 hours to find it, because there is no index and no chapters on the discs.
When I finally did find it, it was a compilation of 3 interviews that lasted only 3 minutes. Very disappointing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›