5.0 out of 5 stars Great style

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sold on the fit
Published on December 14, 2012 by WendyA

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great style, November 27, 2012
I ordered the Black/Ecru Tweed because it will go with anything--and I love it. I also love the fact that the coat is not heavy (weighty) so I don't get that weighing-down feeling on the shoulders; yet it provides ample warmth. It appears to run a little large--I had to return it for one size smaller than what I usually wear. The only negative: I have long arms and so the sleeve length is a bit shorter than what I would like it to be and will have to get them lengthened by an inch. However, for someone with average arm length, this won't be a problem. That being said, the coat still meets all my expectations!! I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, well made., December 4, 2012
I had to buy a new Larry Levine coat after my last was destroyed by a moth infestation. This one is terrific--soft, comfortable, flattering. I'm 5'3" and it comes right below the knee.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sold on the fit, December 14, 2012
This review is from: Larry Levine Women's Luxurious Wool Classic Notch Collar Reefer Coat (Apparel)
The model in the image must be very tall or wearing tall heels because I'm 5'8" and this coat still comes almost to my knees rather than mid-thigh like on the picture. I was also expecting a slight A-line, but there is no shape to the coat. It's a little big in the middle, but the shoulders and sleeve length are just right, so I don't know if I can go a smaller size. I'm a little disappointed because I was pretty excited for this coat.

4.0 out of 5 stars CLASSIC WOOL COAT, December 15, 2012
Sherz (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
This is a classic wool coat, great fit and stylish. It's light but still a very warm coat. The size 4 turned out to be too large and unfortunately, there isn't any other options through Amazon for a smaller size. The one drawback I noticed is that the picture does not accurately portray the length of the coat. I was looking for a coat that fell mid-thigh as the picture seems to indicate
this coat is, however, I found it to be much longer and it fell just below my knees. If you don't mind the extra length then it isn't
a major flaw, just not what I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, warm, and comfy, February 21, 2013
AmyS (Baltimore, MD United States) - See all my reviews
I am always uncertain about buying coats without trying, but this one was a gem of a find. It is gorgeous. The color is not your typical brown or camel, but a soft light brown (called oatmeal, but it is darker than my conception of oatmeal). The fit is great. I went for a larger size to accommodate blazers and sweaters, and I am very happy with it. A note on size: as others have pointed out, it is longer than what is shown. I am average height (5'5") and it comes almost to my knees. In short, it looks and feels great. I am very happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice fit, March 10, 2013
I bought this coat in eggplant; a lovely dark plum color. It has two very nice-sized pockets. I purchased a 6P; I'm 5'4", slim, and usually wear a size 4 in street clothes, so I like that this coat is a little loose to allow for bulky sweaters and other winter clothing underneath, but doesn't overwhelm my frame. It's not a "fitted A-line", I find it to be a bit looser than that, but it still flatters just the same. Length comes to my knees, which is exactly what I was looking for. Nice looking wool/poly blend; very soft like cashmere. Looks and feels much more expensive than it is (and I got it on sale, so I'm especially happy!). Even at full price, this coat would make a beautiful addition to your winter wardrobe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Winter Coat, June 13, 2013
I ordered the charcoal and after reading the reviews ordered a size 8. I wear size 6 for suits etc and thought the size 8 would fit nicely over my work- wear.l It fits perfectly which is great as living in Australia it is not feasible to return.
I saw a similar coat in a department store here for over $600.00.
The coat is very soft and feels beautiful to wear. I am only 5'4 and the coat comes below my knees which is exactly what I wanted and what I expected from reading all the reviews.
The colour is perfect, very dark grey - truly is a luxurious wool; coat. Thanks Amazon.
It arrived in 10 days perfectly packed and it wasn't even creased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Style, February 19, 2013
Chris (Oconee County GA) - See all my reviews
I saw this coat at my local department store but they were out of my size. Fortunately, I was able to find the coat on line. This A line coat is a timeless style that is made of a light weight wool which should work well for me as I live in the south. The sizing is true to size. I purchased the charcoal coat and it has a matching lining. I've seen the coat in black and it has a dark blue lining which is a nice contrast. I am happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased several coats..., February 26, 2014
Kelly Howard (Washington, D.C.) - See all my reviews
And this is the one I kept. Pretty color and great quality. I have worn all winter and am very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, December 23, 2013
I debated between an 8 and 10 and am so glad I got the 8. It's fits great with a little extra room for a sweater or slightly bulkier top. I love the extra length too. As I had read about that in other reviews, I knew what to expect and wasn't disappointed, in fact that was one of the deciding factors for me. Nice classic style with empire waist is just trendy enough to look great but not be out of style in a year. Overall very happy with my new coat.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›