5.0 out of 5 stars Great read for locals that saves trees!
Published on April 6, 2009 by Donna Kennedy

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I'm confused
Published on August 13, 2009 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read for locals that saves trees!, April 6, 2009
This review is from: Las Vegas Review-Journal (Kindle Edition)
I've lived in the Las Vegas Valley for 20 years and do enjoy the local paper, for reasons different than those already listed here. I like to know what is going on in our fair city and seldom watch the news on TV. When the paper called me recently, I suggested that they look into having it available to Kindle readers. I'm very pleased to find that they did just that. My biggest beef with the local paper is that I don't want to have newsprint delivered to my door because of my working hours, it would appear that no one is home to get the paper which is not true. I believe in conservation of our natural resources and this seems to be a great way to have the best of all worlds-be able to read the paper AND leave the trees alone! Many thanks to the staff of the RJ for taking my request seriously!

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I'm confused, August 13, 2009
This review is from: Las Vegas Review-Journal (Kindle Edition)
I just downloaded the RJ for the first time and I was dissappointed that I was unable to find the baseball box scores, lottery numbers, or obituaries in the paper. Perhaps I'm just not looking in the right place but I would expect the digital edition of the paper to have all the same sections as the print edition. I hope that someone can respond to this review and tell me that it's just me doing something wrong... but otherwise I'm a bit let down.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Edition of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, April 30, 2009
Jonathan "Jonathan" (Las Vegas, NV, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Las Vegas Review-Journal (Kindle Edition)
As a resident of Las Vegas for over 20 years and as an early adopter of the Kindle I was thrilled to see that our local newspaper was finally coming out in a Kindle edition.

Layout/presentation (4 stars): The Kindle edition contains a "Sections List" which includes the major sections of that issue, i.e., news, business, Nevada, sports, etc. and shows how many articles are in that particular section. However, it does not list the headlines, etc. for each section so you are forced to click between articles in a section rather than selecting an article directly from the sections list. The articles themselves are laid out nicely and include clear and crisp photographs, charts, etc.

Delivery (2 stars): I have been a subscriber to the Kindle edition for 8 days now. Of those 8 days, the paper was on my Kindle by 7 A.M. on 6 days, yesterday it did not arrive until mid-morning, and today as of the time of this posting (approx 9 AM) it had still not arrived.

Review-Journal content (2 stars): I am shocked to see a couple of reviewers here who believe the Review-Journal is a liberal newspaper. That has not been my expierence at all. In my opinion, the editors of the RJ are as far right as you can get. As far as reporting general news is concerned, the newspaper is okay (it is basically the only game in town). However, forget about it if you want a well-balanced and insightful editorial. Almost daily the RJ editorials bash the democratic party no matter the issue. They consistantly tow the Republican party line in support of big business and big oil. If you are a conservative Republican, this is your newspaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Amazon for enabling the Android phone to get periodicals!, January 22, 2011
This review is from: Las Vegas Review-Journal (Kindle Edition)
I was reading the RJ online for free daily and feeling guilty because I would like to counted among the subscribers but I don't want to waste the paper. I would never lug a newspaper around with me when I can just read it on my Android phone whenever and wherever I want. I hope the capability to read it on my iPad comes soon. I miss the ads a little bit but I can just access the RJ on the internet once in a while to see that and to see the crazy reader comments.

2.0 out of 5 stars I guess I was expecting a newspaper, that had ..., August 5, 2014
This review is from: Las Vegas Review-Journal (Kindle Edition)
I guess I was expecting a newspaper, that had columnists, obituaries, etc. I subscribed to the RJ for 26 years before I moved to Northern Nevada. Then I settled for friends sending me articles of interest, most recently those friends are ending up in the obits. And I'm not notified anymore! I guess I'll cancel when the free trial ends, maybe I'll have to start a subscription, maybe not. I'll just wind up in the obituaries and no one will tell me I died.

1.0 out of 5 stars I am canceling, I received 2 issues this is the third day I have not recieved anything, June 23, 2014
This review is from: Las Vegas Review-Journal (Kindle Edition)
I would rate at less than 1 star, as our ballots in Nevada have a choice of none of the above that would be my rating.

2.0 out of 5 stars Review Journal Review, May 23, 2014
This review is from: Las Vegas Review-Journal (Kindle Edition)
Purchased one issue as a test. Very disappointed. No directory, No separation into sections such as Nevada, Business or Sports.

3.0 out of 5 stars too many boring items, February 3, 2014
This review is from: Las Vegas Review-Journal (Kindle Edition)
Too much uninteresting news items and took too long to get to the sports news which I wanted to read mostly

2.0 out of 5 stars Didnt have what I needed, January 29, 2014
This review is from: Las Vegas Review-Journal (Kindle Edition)
didnt have all the entertainment articles and more sports that I had wanted
Found a better paper for my needs

3.0 out of 5 stars Daily Newspaper, July 29, 2013
This review is from: Las Vegas Review-Journal (Kindle Edition)
Great paper. We where in the area and I needed a newspaper for the local area. A little hard to navigate on line.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›