Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Deals on DOTD

on September 19, 2010
My two children are newly 4 years old and 15 months old. I had a Baby Jogger City Mini that the older child loves but her legs are too long for it now, and the younger child isn't yet large enough to sit comfortably in the Baby Jogger. So, I needed another stroller for long-ish walks and trips to the zoo, etc., and for when the 4-year-old gets tired or cranky or whiny and wants to be in the stroller but can't because the baby is too heavy for me to carry long distances. I dusted off a Maclaren stroller that I hadn't been using and retired the Baby Jogger to the basement. I bought a used BuggyBoard Maxi from a friend and bought the connector kit from Amazon (you need to get your own connector kit because it is a pain to remove them from the stroller, and there is a risk of the connector breaking). (BTW, the BuggyBoard is not recommended for the Baby Jogger but is highly recommended for the Maclaren -- check the Lascal website for info on connectivity with ANY stroller in the world.) The connector kit came within a couple of days and I snapped the pieces together and off the kids and I went. It is not the most comfortable ride for me -- I need to bend over somewhat around my daughter on the board to reach the stroller bars -- and often I walk alongside the stroller when she's on the board. However, it saved me from buying a new double stroller when I won't need one for much more than a year probably. Also, my daughter loves to hop on and off and she stays on the board when we cross the street or have to maneuver through a crowd, and that is a mental lifesaver. Sometimes she sits cross-legged on the board and holds on to the metal bars of the stroller and she can get a little bit of a leg rest that way if she really needs it. I haven't figured out how to attach the clip to raise the board up and tuck it away when it's not in use, so I either leave the board on or leave it off or detach it (it's super easy to snap the board off and on) and stick it in the stroller basket (although you need to decide ahead of time because you don't want to take the board off and on throughout the day when your stroller basket also contains a purse and a diaper bag and possibly a lunch kit). At first I had debated buying the Ultralight Joovy sit-and-stand, but now I'm really happy with the BuggyBoard because the older child doesn't always want to be on the stroller, and this way I have the flexibility to use the single stroller for the younger child as he gets older. Plus, the single stroller plus Buggy Board takes up so much less room in the trunk than a double stroller. Last, I really like the BuggyBoard's design of the wheels on the side as I don't kick the board as often as I would were the wheels in the middle of the board (as they are for the Bugaboo board, for example).
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2011
I have the Lascal Buggy Board Maxi and needed it on my Bugaboo and Maclaren. I ordered this kit because the picture looked similar to the one that came with the maxi board with straps that pull to fit larger strollers like the bugaboo leg width. When I got the kit it was a screw and clip version instead of the straps, so I had to change the ones I had already put on the maclaren and move them to the bugaboo. Luckily the one I purchased fit the smaller legs of the maclaren and the straps that came with the maxi fit the bugaboo. Sounds confusing, kind of a pain. But all in all I love my buggy board, just wish this connector kit I got was the same as advertised in the picture. It worked out anyway, just buyer beware.
on March 18, 2011
We bought this connector kit because the previous one broke and we lost a screw.
Few days after we received the new connector, one of the screw went out again and we lost it...
Quality is really average
on August 22, 2012
The Lascal BuggyBoard Connector Kit advertised on Amazon is not the same product I received. The picture shows squared connector kits which is a secured fit for squared frame strollers, like mine. Instead I received a universal connector kit, which fits primarily for round frames such as umbrella strollers. The universal kit I received has annoying plastic straps and the connectors tend be less secure on square frames. I usually have good purchasing experiences with Amazon as all the items I purchased are exactly as advertised in the photo. This time, I am very disappointed with my purchase and feel I was deceived by the seller for posting the wrong image of the product. The fact that the shipping fee is practically half the cost of the product does not make it worth returning. Overall this was a very bad experience and I will avoid buying from this seller again.
on October 27, 2014
First of all, it is too expensive! I tightened the straps as tight as they would go, which was not tight enough, and as soon as I attached the board and my child stood on it, the straps came undone. I tried multiple ways and had several people try to tighten it for me to no avail. Finally I got some zip ties, poked a hole through the strap and inserted the zip tie to keep the strap from coming undone. Plus the silver grip included to keep it from sliding up and down the bar did not work at all. Now I have been using it for about 6 months and every time my child gets on the board, one side or the other will detach itself ~ very frustrating! I was so excited when I learned about the board, but I am disappointed with the product.
on April 10, 2013
The plastic on this replacement is more rigid than the original we bought years ago -- which held up very very well. I know very well how to install this, and it wasn't too tight and it wasn't too loose, but, still, the plastic strap completely snapped in two the first time we tried to use it.
on November 11, 2014
Great product but definitely lacks good instructions. For my particular stroller, Uppababy vista, I had to put the pegs facing out for it to work. Ended up going to a baby equipment store nearby to help me.
An extra set of non slip stickers would of really helped since I had to reapply them several times and ended up being unable to use them.
on July 13, 2012
I love the buggy board. I ordered a second set of the clips for a second stroller. This device has saved me many times at the mall or for trips to the city. I always get comments from others that this product is genius... I agree!
on February 28, 2013
Broke within a couple of weeks. We had another connecter for more than a year and when it broke and we couldn't find the exact same one so got this, and unfortunately it didn't last long at all.
on April 11, 2013
I got this as a replacement for my buggy board and it was the perfect size needed.... item arrived on time.... Thanks a million....