This thing is awesome. Green laser light scattered all over the ceiling (or where ever you shine it.) The projector also puts an eerie blue cloud on the surface as well. There are no 'real' star constellations in this product but the simulation of stars and clouds is unreal. This isn't an educational tool at all - just a fun light show.
Published on June 16, 2007 by Jack Ruby

2.0 out of 5 stars Early failure of laser
Published on August 10, 2007 by David Bleser

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best (consumer) 'star' projector around - hands down - but for fun only, June 16, 2007

2.0 out of 5 stars Early failure of laser, August 10, 2007
David Bleser (Miami, Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
Terrific product. The Chinese made Laser Stars projector was derived from a $3000 projector made in the USA. I had the laser in the bedroom and it was set to turn on for 1.5 hrs every night. The manufacturer cautions against leaving it on for more than 6 hrs. They should change that recommendation as the laser failed after 40 nights of use in our bedroom. It comes with a 45 day warranty. Buyers should contact the seller to confirm the return policy before purchasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best inebriated purchase, December 21, 2010
I apparently purchased this after a long night of drinking. At first I was a little unhappy because of the price tag, but as soon as I received the product and turned it on I was instantly amazed and happy with my drunk self. Everyone I
Show it to falls in love with it and immediately wants one. I would definitely recommend it to any one else looking to turn their ordinary ceiling into a baller one.

4.0 out of 5 stars my long review (4 out of 5 stars), December 5, 2007
E. Campbell (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This is the best light effect (for a normal price range) I've come across. It's approx 100x better than the "laserpod".

It covers a lot of wall/ceiling space -- the beam spread is almost exactly a 90 degree wide cone (not 180 degrees) - so if you put it in a corner on the floor and aim it at 45 degrees up, the circular star field will have one edge on the ceiling directly above and the bottom edge just above floor level and you'll have stars on the majority of two walls & your ceiling.

..another way to look at it -- if you point it straight up at your 10 foot high ceiling up, the circular star field will stretch 20 feet across your ceiling...

This does, in general, give a great impression of being random stars swirling about. Obviously, this is meant for a dark or very dim room. A well lit room kill the effect completely. In a dark room it really does fill a lot of wall/ceiling space

It seems well built (though it warns only use it 4 hours at a time so I imagine there is an overheating issue with the green laser). I'm using it in a cool well ventilated area & it doesn't seem to create much heat at all.

It's louder than I expected (loud fan if you're in a quiet room - about the level of a louder computer fan - but in a party atmosphere or with music you'll never notice it)

Criticism:
The brightest "star" is in the exact center of the field & it doesn't move at all ...around it are 8 more stars that create a distinct 3x3 square grid... This square grid rotates slowly/steadily... This does take away from the random effect (it doesn't kill the effect but it may be an issue for some).

That's really the end of the review... some more random thoughts about it below...

videos I've seen on youtube of this product are horrible - regular video cameras probably have a hard time with this.

I believe this is a cheap version (rip off?) of a "BlissLight" -- but the BlissLight starts at around a grand & is more for real light shows in large rooms.

There are additional lights in the 3x3 grid pattern but they are dim & aren't an issue ...Additionally, there are also a number of other (not exactly random but close enough) points scattered around the edges but these don't take away at all -- in fact the outside stationary lights actually add to the effect. (the nearby stars zoom by while the distant stars never move)

The blue nebula is alright (pretty cool but it doesn't spread out enough)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, February 12, 2007
If it is an educational star projector you want, this one is not for you. There are no real constellations or stars. However, if you are looking for something to make it seem like you are under a sky with thousands of stars moving around in random but smooth motions and with a great ambient blue 'cloud cover' light (that can be turned up, down or off) this is just what you are looking for. The stars move at different speeds in relatively random patterns, they are very clear and of several different sizes and it can fill the whole ceiling of almost any room. Exactly what I was looking for!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - but it doesn' t last long, June 22, 2012
This review is from: Laser Stars Indoor Light Show - The Most Amazing Laser Light Show You Will See (Kitchen)
I love this product. My Kids love this product. I wanted my kids to sleep under the stars when they go to bed and this product simulates that quite nicely.

But buyer beware, all the talk about cheap Chinese lasers is true. Usually when people buy this product, they put it on some sort of electrical timer device to shut it off before it runs for 4 hours. Even if you do that you can expect that the product will only last you for a minimum of 3 weeks to a couple months. I've purchased 2 of these with the same result. The reviews all say the same thing. I suspect that the 4-5 star reviews are from people who didn't own theirs for long.

Still I haven't found a comparable product made with better quality. (if anyone knows, please recommend it to me). I'm seriously considering buying a third one, then publishing an "instructable" on how to replace the laser when it fails.

Also, the small cooling fan will eventually go bad and it will get very noisy. That can be replaced with a new fan purchased from any computer store.

1.0 out of 5 stars "Can you imagine" paying $100 and the bulb burning out after 2 months and the warranty lasts only for 45 days?!!, February 29, 2012
Amy M (Denver, CO USA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This was such a cool present to give our 11 yr old son for Christmas and we wanted him to really enjoy it. The lights were relaxing to watch...He said it was his favorite present! It lasted for just over two months and now the green laser has gone out and there is just the blue cloud. Reading these reviews now, I see that it is a common problem for many users. To pay $100 plus for this and have it last only two months is a huge disappointment and to find out the warranty only lasts for 45 days!!! Do not purchase this item! Huge disappointment :-(

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, May 17, 2012
I bought this projector for my son's room and after using it irregularly for a year or so the stars stopped working. I called the manufacturer directly expecting to be able to buy a new bulb for it but was told instead that there are no replacement parts available and that it could not be fixed at all...... So, buy this if you like but know that it is essentially a $100 disposable product that will inevitably stop working after some time.

Laser Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasted a year and a half through abuse! :), May 16, 2011
Melijo (Beale AFB, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I first purchased this as a visual stimulant for my autistic son. He got it about 1.5 years ago and we still use it- thought it isn't as good, now! It was a birthday gift and that night we turned it on in the living room with no other lights, we used it for fun lighting for Halloween a month later, and before bed to burn off steam the kids jumped on the indoor trampoline with this shining directly at them- they loved it for several months. Then it somehow became my daughter's nightlight for six months. When we moved it was the boys' nightlight. We left it on accidentally all night sometimes, and also found out they were turning it back on when we turned it off. It has run nearly every single night for the last year, and sure the lasers are dim, sometimes they switch off and on or switch between bright and dim. I figured that would happen. But, it was so much fun for them, and for me to have star laser dance parties with them and their favorite music while their Dad was deployed that I will probably buy a new one when it completely dies...I am currently shopping around for a price better than I got before- but I'd pay the same price again. It gave us some nice memories during a hard time, you can't put a price on that!

2.0 out of 5 stars Fine for a while, January 6, 2009
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
My children loved this device, but it only worked for less than a year. After that the laser stopped working. The manufacture offers no repair options or parts, so it's now just a piece of junk to throw away. For the price this item should have lasted much longer.

Rate and Discover Movies