Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 27, 2012
Just received this fan yesterday. Assembly was remarkably easy, and it works beautifully and quietly. At the highest speed it really puts out a lot of air; enough to tip the upper part of the fan backward very slightly. The low and middle speeds are enough for most uses, and it just about the only sound you get is of the air rushing out. It is lightweight but the stand is wide enough that I doubt it would ever be tipped over unless you knocked into it fairly hard.
0Comment| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2013
There is a near equivalent fan under the Holmes brand. The 16 inch version of the Holmes is sold here, and the 18 inch version is sold exclusively by Target, both online and in store. Both fans have the same price are comparable in terms of feature set and size. Both are 18", made predominantly out of plastic, have remote control, timer mode, 3 speed, indicator lights, adjustable height, oscillation.

When viewed physically in the store, the Lakso looks cheap, while the Holmes is more elegant. The Lakso's grille looks especially cheap, because it's made out of plastic and not even high quality plastic. The Holmes has metal grille, and the neck is chrome plated metal. Both base stands made out of plastic, but the Lakso again looks cheaper and tends to collect dust (as shown on the store's display.)

The Holmes has an additional "breeze" mode that might interest some people. It varies the fan's speed (low, medium, high) to simulate nature's breeze. There's also a "sleep" mode that slowly reduces the speed toward the end of the timer duration.

The big plus of both of these fans is the 18" blade size. It allows me to use low or medium speed instead of high speed on 16" fan sizes. Large air movement at low speed is how nature works. Large air movement cools down all parts of the body, not just a spot. Low speed keeps the noise down.

Both fans will likely do the job, but I prefer the Holmes due to its built quality and look.
33 comments| 180 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2012
This fan moves some air. It assembles without any tools, just snap every thing together. My only concern was the base isn't very heavy and when the fan is on high, it almost seems to want to turn over. Nice simple remote features. My 4 stars is based on the light weight base, other than that it's a good product.
on May 28, 2012
Pros:

Assembly is very easy.

Unit is very light weight making it easy to move.

Includes velcro that you can use to attach the remote to the fan when it's not in use.

Fan's power is what one normally expects.

Has 1, 2 and 4 hour timer.

Remote is simple to use- power, speed, auto timer.

Cons:

Infra red remote appears to have a range of about 3 feet only- which makes it rather useless as a remote.

Almost everything except for the electrical motor is made of plastic. The fan grill for instance is not very rigid at all. So if this fan tips over the front cover will most likely come off, exposing the operating fan blade.

Fan is top heavy since everything else is made of plastic. So if you have a small child in the family that likes to reach out and grab on things it's possible that this fan will tip over.
1010 comments| 172 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2013
My Wife and I use this fan with our Treadmill and Elliptical machines, while we watch movies. The fan is SUPER powerful! The noise it makes becomes louder and louder as you pump up the fan speed setting but that is to be expected. Even on the fastest speed (loudest the fan gets), it's only loud enough for us to turn or movie volume up a couple more notches. No big deal. It's a fairly quiet fan.

The fan can be Oscillating or stationary. It's a good looking fan. We had it in our living room for a time and it looks good, not cheap or tacky in any way. The remote is also very convenient when your in the middle of a workout and want to turn the fan on or off or change its speed setting.

The only thing I would change about this fan if I could is the remote's range and direct line of sight requirement. You need to point it directly at the fan and pretend like you're firing a Star Trek phaser.

I'm very pleased that I went with this fan and would buy it again for sure.
on August 6, 2012
I don't understand all of these "quiet" fans that are on the market. I was looking for something that makes the fan noise that I am accustomed to hearing while I sleep. This fan is perfect. It was easy to put together, the remote is great because I can turn it on from my bed without having to get back up, and it makes the perfect amount of noise!
44 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2012
Shipped in its original box so it has picture of product visible (if that matters to anyone), does not beep when being turned on or off like the white fans do ...LOVE!, easy assembly with instructions, remote works from far away....Could not ask for a better product !!! (ALSO ARRIVED 2 DAYS EARLY than expected!!!!) =)
on June 14, 2012
I see people saying this fan almost blew over on High well it dont do that the high speed is really strong but it never even came close to moving.Its a real good fan for the price I have a high dollar fan too and this one is almost as good except its mostly plastic but I recommend this fan its quite on low speed and med speed on high speed its a little louder but really its still pretty quite compared 2 my high dollar fan
on July 3, 2013
This fan is not safe. The fan was great during the first month of use, but it just recently died. The fan began to smell like burning plastic before it died. I figured If I hadn't turned it off in time, it could've started a fire. For $50, I expected it to work more than a couple of months.
on May 21, 2013
I ordered this for my father who has a medical condition keeping him from getting outside. When this fan arrived via UPS 2nd day air the package itself looked like it had been drenched in water (that had almost completely dried) and the box was banged up and torn in multiple sides. My father opened it up and the fan was covered in water and still had a sizeable amount of water inside the plastic bag around the motor. This obviously was an issue in the packaging and shipping categories, so I contacted Amazon and they sent a replacement fan with a call tag for the damaged one.
My father received the damaged one the very next day, which is great timing, and he put the fan together to much of his dislike. The fan is seemingly low-quality plastic (causing alignment issues for the cover), lacks a decent stand to prevent the fan from tipping, the motor head just sits inside of the pedestal without any bracing, does not have rotation to move the air around the room, and the remote control only works within three feet of the fan (he has replaced the batteries inside the remote twice to see if that was the issue of distance and it was not). I will not purchase another product of this manufacturers after seeing the terrible nature of this product line. I hope this helps to anyone looking to purchase this fan.