5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted!
Published on July 4, 2012 by Katerina1059

2.0 out of 5 stars Great fan (while it lasts)
Published 20 months ago by Massachusetts Reviewer

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted!, July 4, 2012
This review is from: Lasko 2264QM 20-Inch Max Performance High Velocity Floor/Wall mount Fan, Black (Misc.)
I was sick and tired of spending money on fans falsely touted as being great, so my mission became finding a fan that was BIG on air delivery/circulation but reasonably priced. After considerable research, I chose this one and am very happy thus far. It came quickly (as has everything I've ordered from Amazon) and nearly fully assembled. All I had to do was stick on the base, set it on the floor and voila! As others have mentioned, it's air output on low is greater than the ordinary fans output on high! FINALLY! I plan to use it lots, whether I'm workout out or just wanting some extra daily cooling. The heat index here has been hovering around or above the 100 degree mark the last several days, and although my A/C is working fine so far this season, I thnik this fan could well save a bit on cooling costs. It appears to be well made and feels solid and sturdy. Also, I needed a fan that could be taken apart easily for cleaning as I'm allergic to dust, and this one can. Highly recommdend.

5.0 out of 5 stars If your whining about this fan moving too much air or too loud please read this!, March 30, 2014
I didn't buy my fan from Amazon but have had this fan and another one ike it from LASKO for a few years now. It is a great product and I truly have to chuckle at some of the negative comments about it and feel some of the buying public needs an education on this type of product, so here goes. THIS IS A HIGH VELOCITY FAN PEOPLE THAT IS BY DESIGN TO BE USED PRIMARILY IN GARAGE, SHOP OR OTHER SIMILAR NON-HOUSEHOLD TYPE ENVIROMENTS. IT IS GOING TO BE LOUD! IT IS GOING TO MOVE A HELL OF A LOT OF AIR EVEN ON LOW! THATS WHY THEY CALL IT A HIGH VELOCITY FAN!! Whew, I feel better now. Just couldn't take one more susy homemaker comment on how it blows too hard..... Go to Target or Wally World and get you a 16 dollar box fan and stop whiing about a product that does the job it is intended to do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!, July 26, 2012
A. Klein (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This fan rocks. Very sturdy and well built. Pushes A LOT of air. It is pretty loud, but that is expected with this type of fan. I bought it for use in a garage, so i don't really care how loud it is. Don't hesitate to buy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied Customer!, July 29, 2012
For years, I had $10 box fans from Walmart for my horses, to keep the air moving in their stalls and give them a place to stand where gnats and flies could not settle. When I replaced them, the "same" fans were $14 but were half the width and made of plastic. When I discovered that they weren't powerful enough to move any air, I returned them and upgraded to $34 fans from Home Depot. Those were the same design as this fan, circular, on a base that allows it to be tilted so you can direct the flow of air....except that those were plastic and didn't move any air. Then I spent more and got this fan, on a friend's recommendation. It is made of metal, solid and heavy, and gets the job done. I am very pleased with it; this is actually my second one, since I need one for each stall. It has several settings and could be used in any application. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shopping for a good quality and afordible fan that really BLOWS? Get THIS ONE!, July 17, 2012
Affordable, sturdy, and strong, The highest setting isn't even needed!

For a high performance, high velocity fan, it didn't make as much noise as i thought it would judging by the reviews. even on high, It gives off a nice white noise which actually puts me to sleep and i don't have to wake up in the middle of the night, when Jerry Springer comes on, to switch off the television which i used to fall asleep to. Not anymore!

You guys who left reviews of the noise being too loud or banging or the motor giving off a burnt smell..... your fan probably got damaged in shipping! You should hear no more then the sound of air and a white noise hum.

The one drawback is the mounting piece didn't have the screws with it, not sure if they fell out of the box or was never put in. but if i ever want to mount it, i could figure it out so its not that serious. I move it around the apartment anyway and it has a nice little handle on the back!

Also seems very easy to clean, with clips on the front so you don't have to unscrew it to wipe down the blades (metal not plastic which are said to give off cooler air!!!!) High Quality Product all around! I've had my cheep Lasko box fan which last me years of running year round! So this model should last for years to come!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great fan (while it lasts), May 31, 2013
As many of the other reviews have stated, this fan is powerful, sturdy, and stable. It is noisy, but with a fan I think you have to choose either power or peace. However, what I am supremely disappointed by is the motor having only lasted a bit over a year! I did use it a lot last summer and fall, and so far this season (it's now the end of May), but the motor died sometime last night--nothing dramatic, I just awoke to an inoperable fan. The Patton fan that this Lasko fan replaced had worked for thirty years (it was made by the original Patton fan company, not the outfit that calls itself Patton now). I understand that manufacturing standards have collapsed over the last three decades, but one year compared to thirty? I think in inflation-adjusted dollars I probably paid double for the Patton, but I would rather spend $130 for a well made fan that lasts decades than the $65 I paid for this Lasko one that quit after a year. Heck, I would settle for it lasting only five years! Would be very interested to know if anyone else has had a longevity problem with this fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER COOL:), January 10, 2014
I HAVE TO SLEEP WITH THE FAN ON TO DELUTE THE NOISY NEIGHBORS DOWNSTAIRS...
IT WORKS!!! I HEAR NOTHING BUT THE HUMMING OF THE FAN BUT IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR QUIET , GO ELSEWHERE.
THIS FAN IS SO STRONG THAT IT ACTUALLY CAN COOL MY ENTIRE APARTMENT....
ITS PERFECT AND WORKS AMAZING! BEST THING I BOUGHT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Talk about moving some air!, June 2, 2014
This fan moves air like a Piper aircraft! No kidding, this is just what I expected. I purchased this to be used outside on the deck, let me tell you..... There is no way a flying insect can cross this air stream without being relocated to the neighbors back yard!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, May 15, 2014
Loud, but what do you expect from a metal fan that blows real well... :) Very nice fan, highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Blows like mad, April 20, 2014
Island Reviewer (Alameda, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Very well-made, sturdy product and it moves a lot of air. I have an office (about 1,500 square feet, undivided) in a large building where they turn off the air conditioing on the weekeneds. The temp in the hallways is cool, but the temp in the office, with its big windows exposed to sun all day, gets unbearable. Solution: prop the door to the hall open and turn this baby on; it really brings down the temp in a hurry, at the lowest setting.
Other reviewers complained about noise. Any fan that moves a lot of air is going to make noise. But it's not in any way out of line with what you'd expect. Other reviewers complained abut a smell; I got no smell at all.