I've had this fan for about a month now, and I am pleased with the quality and functionality. No exposed part on the fan gets hot, or even warm to the touch. The fan stays very stable, even at full speed. It's noisy, but all fans in this class are.

Requires assembly, but it takes about five minutes.
Published on July 18, 2012 by Neal J. Elward

2.0 out of 5 stars inconsistent sound
at times a high "singing" sound, or else a very low hertz sound like if someone was warming their old car up. If either sound had been consistent, it would have been fine, but both were intermittent, and when I'm using the fan for white noise to go to sleep, every time one of these sounds would kick up, it would knock me out of however close I was to being...
Published 11 months ago by David Doria

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, just as noisy as any other high velocity fan, July 18, 2012
This review is from: Lasko 2265QM 20-Inch Max Performance High Velocity Floor/Wall mount fan, Silver (Misc.)

Requires assembly, but it takes about five minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fan, April 22, 2013
Love the power, love the loud white noise. Very soothing. I would recommend for those who appreciate white noise. Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fan, July 30, 2012
This fan is very powerful and moves a lot of air. I can cool my front room by almost five degrees in a half an hour in the morning before I go to work (when there is only a ten degree difference between inside and out). The only downside I have noticed is how loud it is. But when factored with how powerful this fan is, I cannot consider it a negative.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a fan - what a fan - what a fan!, May 17, 2012
TriniMark "Mark" (Trinidad, West Indies) - See all my reviews
I picked up this fan this evening after returning the piece-o-crap Comfort Zone 18" Pedestal so called "High Velocity" fan to the Costco-like store in my area and let me tell you, this fan is what I call High Velocity. It really moves a LOT of air around, or across the room depending on how you position it of course. It has a sturdy feel to it and is almost vibration free, unlike the Comfort Zone. Don't buy it if you're expecting something quiet though because even on the lowest setting it lets you know it's working hard to keep you coooool. The only reason I didn't rate it five stars is for the hex nuts holding the fan to the frame, that means if it ever runs loose, you have to dig into your tool-box for a 1/2" spanner (wrench) to adjust it, tightening knobs would have been much better. All-in-all though, it's a great overall value at $55.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fan, June 21, 2013
Like some other people have said, this fan is loud. Even on low setting, it's louder than most other fans on high setting. For how much air it moves, I don't mind the sound. I usually leave it on at night to drown out other noises while I sleep.

One problem I didn't care for, is that it's relatively hard to angle it just the way you want it. There are no knobs or anything like that to tighten and make it stay at the angle you want. Luckily that's not really an issue for me, but it is kind of annoying, and I could see it being an issue for other people. There are two nuts on either side of the fan; perhaps if they were tightened it would be easier to get it to stay in certain positions, but I haven't messed with them yet.

Overall, I love this fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars this fan BLOWS the others away!!!!!!!!!!, July 18, 2013
If you want to stay cool, buy this fan.

If you are looking for high-quality for less, buy this fan.

Don't waste your time with a cheap plastic p.o.s.

My A/C broke, so I am using this fan to help the cold-flow of my little a/c unit to cool the other rooms upstairs=successful!!!

It is not quiet, but not bothersome...it actually helps me sleep.

I don't understand the other reviews where they say: "The fan is TOO LOUD" well....buy a cheap plastic fan that is quiet -that won't keep you cool.

The item is well constructed, durable, metal, and easy to assemble.

There is nothing I can say that would better this product.

My Doggies LOVE this fan too!!!

Great value, awesome quality.

Deserves 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, April 7, 2013
Amazon Customer (Spokane, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I sleep during the day and this fan is PERFECT. Even on the lowest setting it drowns out the noise from my sister watching up to 6 toddlers right outside my door. And it keeps my room perfectly cool so I don't get overheated with my down blanket. If you want a quiet fan though, this is not the one for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars great fan in year 2, July 6, 2012
We have an poorly designed HVAC system in our 2 story home that left the upstairs too warm. I found this fan and brainstormed to put it at the top of the stairs to slow heat rise to the upstairs and help force some of the heat down to the cooler 1st floor. The ability to wall mount this and still have access to the controls is a big plus. It is loud, but it moves a LOT of air and is doing exactly what we wanted it to do. The difference in the second floor is amazing and is much cheaper than the extensive HVAC work that needs to be done, yet we are not able to afford currently. This is the second summer of record high temps in Central Illinois and it is making a big difference in our lives (and bills!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fan for the price., June 1, 2013
BHM (Louisiana) - See all my reviews
Wife and I are building our own house and were using a plastic Cyclone fan to keep us cool. Did not take long to destroy that fan so I purchased this one. It was easy to pickup and carry, is hard to tip over and is easy to adjust. Going order a second one. Fan is not that noisy considering the amount of air it blows. Even on high, the wife and I can easily have a conversation. Kind of wish it made a lot more noise. :)

***Update*** Wife and I have been doing the sheetrock for the last few months. Fan looks like it went through a snow storm but is still operating great.

4.0 out of 5 stars moves a ton of air, is loud, but what do you expect?, June 16, 2013
First off, no, that is not a low flying plane, that is your fan. This thing moves a ton of air, and I think could be used to make an airboat. That said, it is perfect if you need to circulate a huge room, move the smell of the deep fryer out of the kitchen, etc etc. We just used ours to dry out rugs we'd had steam cleaned and holy cow they were dry within 10 minutes. I'm thinking this is the consumer version of the ones that firefighters use to get smoke out of buildings.

the only downside is I am constantly worried that our cat is going to lose his paw or tongue by walking up to it, the cage around it has gaps just big enough for me to get my pinkie finger in, and if he wanted to, a paw.

Rate and Discover Movies