Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Package Quantity: 1Style Name: SilverChange
Price:$73.49+ Free shipping

on July 18, 2012
I've had this fan for about a month now, and I am pleased with the quality and functionality. No exposed part on the fan gets hot, or even warm to the touch. The fan stays very stable, even at full speed. It's noisy, but all fans in this class are.

Requires assembly, but it takes about five minutes.
0Comment74 of 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2013
Love the power, love the loud white noise. Very soothing. I would recommend for those who appreciate white noise. Great!
33 comments70 of 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2012
This fan is very powerful and moves a lot of air. I can cool my front room by almost five degrees in a half an hour in the morning before I go to work (when there is only a ten degree difference between inside and out). The only downside I have noticed is how loud it is. But when factored with how powerful this fan is, I cannot consider it a negative.
0Comment60 of 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2012
I picked up this fan this evening after returning the piece-o-crap Comfort Zone 18" Pedestal so called "High Velocity" fan to the Costco-like store in my area and let me tell you, this fan is what I call High Velocity. It really moves a LOT of air around, or across the room depending on how you position it of course. It has a sturdy feel to it and is almost vibration free, unlike the Comfort Zone. Don't buy it if you're expecting something quiet though because even on the lowest setting it lets you know it's working hard to keep you coooool. The only reason I didn't rate it five stars is for the hex nuts holding the fan to the frame, that means if it ever runs loose, you have to dig into your tool-box for a 1/2" spanner (wrench) to adjust it, tightening knobs would have been much better. All-in-all though, it's a great overall value at $55.
11 comment45 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2013
Wife and I are building our own house and were using a plastic Cyclone fan to keep us cool. Did not take long to destroy that fan so I purchased this one. It was easy to pickup and carry, is hard to tip over and is easy to adjust. Going order a second one. Fan is not that noisy considering the amount of air it blows. Even on high, the wife and I can easily have a conversation. Kind of wish it made a lot more noise. :)

***Update*** Wife and I have been doing the sheetrock for the last few months. Fan looks like it went through a snow storm but is still operating great.
0Comment33 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 18, 2013
If you want to stay cool, buy this fan.

If you are looking for high-quality for less, buy this fan.

Don't waste your time with a cheap plastic p.o.s.

My A/C broke, so I am using this fan to help the cold-flow of my little a/c unit to cool the other rooms upstairs=successful!!!

It is not quiet, but not bothersome...it actually helps me sleep.

I don't understand the other reviews where they say: "The fan is TOO LOUD" well....buy a cheap plastic fan that is quiet -that won't keep you cool.

The item is well constructed, durable, metal, and easy to assemble.

There is nothing I can say that would better this product.

My Doggies LOVE this fan too!!!

Great value, awesome quality.

Deserves 5 stars.
22 comments65 of 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2013
Like some other people have said, this fan is loud. Even on low setting, it's louder than most other fans on high setting. For how much air it moves, I don't mind the sound. I usually leave it on at night to drown out other noises while I sleep.

One problem I didn't care for, is that it's relatively hard to angle it just the way you want it. There are no knobs or anything like that to tighten and make it stay at the angle you want. Luckily that's not really an issue for me, but it is kind of annoying, and I could see it being an issue for other people. There are two nuts on either side of the fan; perhaps if they were tightened it would be easier to get it to stay in certain positions, but I haven't messed with them yet.

Overall, I love this fan.
22 comments34 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2013
I sleep during the day and this fan is PERFECT. Even on the lowest setting it drowns out the noise from my sister watching up to 6 toddlers right outside my door. And it keeps my room perfectly cool so I don't get overheated with my down blanket. If you want a quiet fan though, this is not the one for you!
0Comment26 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2015
review image
on September 11, 2013
In Western Washington, most residential buildings, including my own, do not include air conditioning of any sort. So I needed a fan that could circulate air throughout an entire home. The Lasko 2265QM does that job well for the most part. Positioned properly, it can blow in cool air from shaded areas outside, and provide a pleasant breeze pretty much anywhere. When the temperature gets especially high, sitting in front of the fan provides instant and persistent relief.

The three speed settings can be described as high, higher and hurricane. There simply isn't a lot of nuance. Even on the lowest setting, this fan can cycle all the air in a typical bedroom within a minute.

Other reviews have commented on the volume of the fan. They are all correct, and you should heed their warnings. I initially shrugged them off, but after getting the fan, I really was surprised by how loud it could be. At full speed, the Lasko 2265QM will sound not unlike a small propeller driven aircraft at idle throttle. The lower settings do little to reduce the noise, and mostly just change the pitch of sound.

The overall construction of the fan is decent. Attaching the stand and control box was trivial and didn't require much effort. The front grill can be removed, but there should be no reason to do this. The control box is the only thing that feels like it was cheaply made. But it's good enough that it shouldn't be an issue throughout the useful life of the fan. The motor is housed within a plastic shroud, although it appears that under the shroud is a metal casing for the motor itself. I noticed that the plastic motor shroud can get hot during sustained operation. Not to the point where I'm concerned it could catch fire. But hot enough for me to be weary of touching it when the fan has been on for awhile.

If placed on an uneven surface, the force of the air being blown can cause the fan to topple. It would be nice if the stand had a bit more depth, but this is only problematic if the fan is placed on a soft or uneven surfaces.

I get a lot of use out of this fan, but I prefer to only use for about an hour at a time, especially at night when I have the chance to circulate cool air into my room. Anything longer than an hour though, and I prefer to use a quieter fan.

Pros:
- Can quickly circulate the air in a room
- Can provide modest ventilation for a home
- Sturdy construction
- Easy assembly
- Works as advertised

Cons:
- It really is loud.
- Cheap control box
- Motor shroud can get hot
- Stand my not work well on soft/uneven surfaces
- Little difference between speed settings