1,024 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars This fan is a breeze
Great price, and this fan does what you want it to do.
Nice feature is the height is ADJUSTABLE up to about 42" high at the top.
Published on June 26, 2009 by Ariel Fisher

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made fan!
Published on February 9, 2011 by Wendi A McDowell

4.0 out of 5 stars This fan is a breeze, June 26, 2009
This review is from: Lasko 2521 16" Oscillating Stand Fan (Kitchen)
Great price, and this fan does what you want it to do.
Nice feature is the height is ADJUSTABLE up to about 42" high at the top.
It has 3 fan speeds, and the oscillation is easily stoppable at any of the 3. The blades and grill are plastic, not metal, which may make it less durable, BUT also makes it somewhat quieter. Moves a good amount of air, I usually keep it at the lowest speed from a few feet away and am quite comfortable thusly. The only thing I would change if I could is the speed selector should be separate from an on switch, because it goes from OFF to highest to medium to lowest, so i have to click through all the speeds to turn it on and off each time. It would be nice if the speed control knob were separate from the on/off control, and the speed were essentially dimmable from nothing to max , not just 3 preset positions of low, med, and high.
This fan is an excellent choice for bedside though, because you have the option of lowering the height of the pole. The more expensive honeywell with remote control lacks the height adjustment feature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the sissies., June 1, 2013
John C. bossolt (North Brookfield, MA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lasko 2521 16" Oscillating Stand Fan (Kitchen)
Buyers just love to complain. This fan is terrific for the money. If the front grille loosens up, secure it with 3 wire ties! Cheap materials? What did you expect for $25, kryptonite? It works, it blows, it doesn't smoke. Nirvana!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, lightweight stand fan by Lasko, July 24, 2009
This review is from: Lasko 2521 16" Oscillating Stand Fan (Kitchen)
I bought this fan in July 2009 at Target, on sale for $22.50 and it's GREAT! I live in Brooklyn, so lugging the box up and down subways and stairs makes the plastic lightweight construction a BIG plus! Putting it together was a Breeze! 10 min with NO TOOL! (Big selling point)

The flat-black color is very nice, just don't trip over it at night. It moves a lot of air, is adjustable to 45", has 3 speeds (0=off, 1, 2, and 3) and oscillates which you can of course turn switch off. Some might not care for the fact that there is no separate off switch, it's setting zero on the fan speed control, but I didn't mind that at all.

I must say that although the plug claims to have some sort of "patented" surge protection in the plug (who really cares, right?), the cord itself is VERY short. I didn't measure it but it seems comparatively short and was not long enough to stretch across from one outlet to where I needed it. (So get your extension cord out.. which then diminishes the "patented" surge protection on the plug!)

Overall it is money well spent, it's not very loud for sleeping, not too heavy, and at $22.50 was a good price. please note, this model does Not have a remote or timer! I would buy it again and would recommend it to a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Two years and counting, June 9, 2011
W. C. Price (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lasko 2521 16" Oscillating Stand Fan (Kitchen)
I've had this fan since 2009, ordered off of Amazon. I don't have any major complaints. The lowest setting is usually good enough for me, and it's fairly quiet. I often run it at night while I'm sleeping. The base seems secure- my fan has never tipped or fallen over.

I have two small-ish issues:

1) Always use two hands to adjust the fan height. Use one hand to hold up the fan head while you use the other hand to loosen the tension on the fan's neck. I once lazily decided to loosen the tension without holding up the fan, and it came crashing down on my hand as soon as the tension was light enough. It didn't break the skin or anything, but it was painful.

2) The plastic seems cheap and sort of "bendy" and pliable, but my fan's lasted about two years so far, so I guess it doesn't affect longevity too much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made fan!, February 9, 2011
Wendi A McDowell (Santa Monica, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lasko 2521 16" Oscillating Stand Fan (Kitchen)
I am rarely motivated to write a product review...but if it saves at least one person from buying this fan, it is worth it. This is a cheap plastic fan that will be replaced ASAP. I didn't expect much for the price, but this fan doesn't even stay together! The cover over the blades is connected by a cheap plastic snap and even slight movement causes the cover to fall off! Do yourself a favor and spend a few extra bucks to get a better quality fan!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for 18 hours...then nothing, January 22, 2011
This review is from: Lasko 2521 16" Oscillating Stand Fan (Kitchen)
This fan is not bad out of the box. It's a cheap plastic fan, which is what I expected. It blows a lot of air, which is what I expected. It is small, which is what I expected.

I expected it to work longer than 18 hours. It worked great, then it stopped working, won't turn on. I'm not interested in "figuring out why" or "fixing it."

This is a brand new fan. It should work.

In my book, something that breaks on the second day is a piece of junk, no matter what you pay for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, June 28, 2010
This review is from: Lasko 2521 16" Oscillating Stand Fan (Kitchen)
Its exactly what I wanted. There are about 5 to 7 parts to assemble. And I only had a little trouble putting on the front cover. But once I got it on ... that was it. There is a button in the back that turns off the Oscillating feature.

Noise is not a problem. I run it at the low and medium speed. But if necessary I will run it at the high speed.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a fan., October 8, 2011
Eric L. Womack (Virginia Beach, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lasko 2521 16" Oscillating Stand Fan (Kitchen)
Good price and mine works okay but does not move allot of air. Maybe I expected too much but I can barely feel this thing from only five feet away when on oscillate. To be of any use the fan must be very close and on high to be noticed. Everyone has different preferences for breeze strength but I assume that even if you don't like a strong breeze you might want the option, this fan does not deliver that.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap plastic! Not worth the purchase, August 18, 2012
K. Seals (on the Beach, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lasko 2521 16" Oscillating Stand Fan (Kitchen)
by far the cheapest quality fan. Don't bother, Pay a bit more for a metal fan, save the return hassle!

1.0 out of 5 stars This fan does not flow air much, June 10, 2012
This review is from: Lasko 2521 16" Oscillating Stand Fan (Kitchen)
I bought this fan considering its low price. The fan is easy to assemble. Most of the parts of this fan is plastic. But the most disappointing thing with this fan is it does not flow air much. One can not feel air flow 2 feet away from it. I suggest not to buy this cheap fan.

Lasko 2521 16" Oscillating Stand Fan