Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 25, 2015
I bought this after reading the reviews here and because this fan is made in the USA. I'm so sick of inferior, and often dangerous, expensive junk that comes from China.This fan moves air and does not have any of the problems that come with metal fans. I previously had a 20" Workforce fan purchased at Home Depot. That really moved air, like a mini-hurricane. But at high speed it vibrated. I like the fact that this fan is plastic, is lightweight, and at its highest speed, does not vibrate.

It really moves air and it isn't noisy. At the highest speed, it sounds like a fan moving a lot of air, which seems like white noise and not really annoying. But at the lower speed, which still moves a fair amount of air, it's quiet. I'm going to buy a second one as soon as the weather turns warmer here.

It's very stable and you can reposition it from the base, which clicks it into place. From the other reviews, it is easy to take apart for cleaning. That's something you cannot really do with the metal fans that are often very difficult to take apart and reassemble. It has a thermally protected motor, and it does not use a lot of wattage, which is something that cannot be said for the metal fans that always come with a three-prong plug. This is two-prong.

All in all, we're very happy with this purchase. Thanks to all the other reviewers and those who answered my questions.
on February 14, 2015
Have had 2 or 3 before, love them, last for years, use all summer. Cannot find any big boxes selling them anymore. Plus "no place" stocks fans in the winter! My broke in the winter, come on anyone else sleep with a fan?!
on December 27, 2015
It's extremely powerful. It helped beat the heat out of a muggy unbearably hot apartment (hot water pipes running over it kept the over 100 degree F heat right inside with inadequate ventilation and no air conditioning), and that was what we purchased it for. That's been a few summers, and while our home is much more comfortable, it's still wonderful. It reminds me of The Great Gatsby, when Fitzgerald wrote of the billowing curtains and the women with rippling white dresses. When this fan is on, it's cooling effect is luxurious. We have used it for mostly for sleeping and lounging. It's quite loud, so it was not as ideal when listening is important (visiting, watching television, etc.). Along with our Vornado (which is whisper quiet and still powerful), we need a lot less air conditioning. It's a fantastic price for a wonderful fan!
on July 7, 2014
This fan is still going strong after 3 summers of use. Quiet, powerful, fairly compact. My one complaint is that the "low" setting isn't quite low enough. Medium and high settings pack a solid kick, and I rarely need to use them, even on a hot NYC day. Much better than the crap generic fans available at city hardware stores.
on May 2, 2015
from the first day this fan smells like melting plastic,there is smoke as well,but no visable fire.I bought the fan months ago and started to use is shortly after,to my surprise to also find out that this fans are real hazard.And thete has been major recall since many years.
on October 2, 2014
Bought this after our oscillating, stand up fan broke. I have to admit the great reviews sold me on it. This fan is powerful and produces a strong breeze even on its lowest setting (1 of 3). You can tilt it up and down to blow at an angle. It's very effective at circulating air through the room or even house. We use it daily, not only to cool the house, but sometimes to blow odor out after cooking. At first the plastic construction put me off, but it is light for its size. The only negative so far is the noise level. A bit noisy to use at night but we got used to it after a while.
on September 7, 2014
I bought this fan to move a lot of air on occasion. It's particularly well suited to moving cool air which migrates to floor level in a room with a high ceiling and central HVAC supply grills near the floor. It certainly does a good job of that. My only regret is that it is quite noisy doing it, although it has no irritating pure tones. I thought a fan this large would be quieter, as is another large fan I have. I guess the marketing department had a hand in its design, making it noisy to convey a feeling of "power". The Cyclone name should have tipped me off.
on December 14, 2014
I love this fan. The low setting is a decent strenght itself so I know if I need higjher there will be issues with ti. Decent quality - I have had many fans and some break within a week or so (they work, but some piece comes off or something). This seems sturdy, well designed and well made.
on July 10, 2015
Great fan. Highly recommended. Very high air flow. Remote functions are very helpful. Cooling from the floor level and aiming this cooler air upwards is very effective. This is the fan you want for maximum cooling. Noise level is low moderate depending upon speed selected. This is is outstanding considering the volume of air this fan moves.

My only criticism is that the fan always turns on at HIGH SPEED instead of the last speed selected (the method for all of our past fans). Since we generally find the low or medium speed to be ample, this requires us to perform the extra step of turning down the fan speed nearly every time we turn it on. This is not a deal breaker - simply something for prospective buyers to know in advance.
on October 8, 2014
This fan works as expected. It was paid for in the first week with savings on AC. And the sound level at the lowest speed is just enough to block out street noise. I would have given it a five but it is a little early to know how durable it is. I suppose if I only get one season of use, I still got my moneys worth.