5.0 out of 5 stars These are great fans.
I first bought two of these fans about 10 years ago. We run them overnight to help w/ sleep all year long. The first one died last year.

When I saw them on Amazon for a substantially better price than the big box stores offer them, I picked up 3 more of them...

Published on June 13, 2011 by widget

3.0 out of 5 stars Everything good, except one pretty big issue
Published on March 21, 2012 by Frenchy

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great fans., June 13, 2011

These fans are very functional and reliable... they are also very powerful. They use about 70, 90, and 130 watts respectively to their speed settings. I recently checked an old fan that we had around, it was probably 25+ years old... and it was sucking down 350W on the highest setting, I promptly put it in the scrap pile. So if you're replacing an old fan, this will pay for itself via electricity costs in short order.

I couldn't be happier with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real breath of fresh air!, July 30, 2009
Grandma GG (Santa Rosa, CA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
The Lasco 20-inch fan moves a lot of air! Don't plan to place it anywhere near loose papers. I purchased it to help cool my garage in the evening, so I don't care if the fan is noisy. I only care that it moves cool outside air into the garage and blows out the hot stuff. I already had two fans working out there, and hoped a third would help me get ahead of the accumulated heat. The Lasco fan does the job all on its own so I've retired the original two. I have a large 3-car garage with a 15' ceiling -- there is a lot of air to move. The fan has 3 speeds: high is very powerful, medium is powerful, and low still moves more air than the average fan. Because it is very powerful, there is definitely a fan 'hum' which to me is the comforting sound of a fan doing its job. If you are looking for a fan that will do the job quickly, though not silently, you cannot do better than this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fan- Just a little loud, July 16, 2009
Had the fan for about three weeks. It has run constantly to equalize temperature between rooms during hot summer months. These fans move a much larger volume of air than the vertical "stick" fans and are far more efficient. However, there are two drawbacks. 1) They take up more space than the vertical fans and 2) they are louder, especially when comparing highest settings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasts and lasts and lasts..., April 29, 2012
[...]
We bought this fan 4 or 5 years ago and we use it every night year round for at least 8 hours a night (having air moving in my face keeps me from snoring!) and it is still performing beautifully. We keep it on low almost all the time and only occasionally turn it up to "2" on particularly hot summer nights here in the south. We do have air conditioning but keep it relatively high to save $$. I just took it apart for a thorough cleaning and it was obviously well made and relatively simple to disassemble for cleaning and re-assemble(see YouTube for more info). We bought one for our daughter at college and it is the same reliable and well made fan that we have. The noise level is entirely acceptable - it's just the sound of the moving air and we've actually become hooked on the "white noise" of the fan drowning out the sounds of our neighborhood. This fan gets my highest recommendation and I will seek out Lasko products in the future. This is the first product I have been impressed enough with to write a review about.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a fan, it works, cheap, durable, October 2, 2010
I've ordered 4 of these, all have been running 24/7 for over 2 years. Cheap, ultra reliable. Don't what else to say...

5.0 out of 5 stars Last one lasted 12+ years, June 7, 2012
Snagged one of these in a bigbox store at random way back in the pre Y2K days....and the motor finally conked out this spring of 2012. I think it literally spent more than half of the past decade powered on continuously (through 3 presidents, to put into perspective). When it came to replace, it was a no brainer, I just got another one of these. Looking forward to another decade-plus, hopefully, of coolness. Cyclone is appropriate name, this thing moves the air like you won't believe...and that's just on that low / medium setting. High setting will likely blast the fur off your pets and knock your toupee off. Great buy, and the price actually hasn't gone up much on these since I bought it way back when.

3.0 out of 5 stars Everything good, except one pretty big issue, March 21, 2012
The fan is not too loud, blows air rather strong. The strongest setting is really nice, pushes air quite nicely. The softest setting is not quite subtle enough for my taste. I put the fan in my kids room on stuffy nights. Here is the big issue, the fan gives off a strange smell, not a burning smell, but a very noticeable "unnatural" smell after 20 minutes of use and as the motor starts to heat up. Maybe I just was unlucky and got a bad unit. If it weren't for the smell, would be a five star purchase. debating whether to deal with the hassle of returning the unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern Update on the "Box Fan", June 4, 2012
This fan is larger than I expected, and is about 90% as large as a typical metal "box fan." It has 3 settings: low, medium, and high.

For years we had been using a smaller oscillating fan (perhaps 16 inches) but this stationary larger fan more effectively moves air around the entire room. On the low setting the fan is quiet and makes a nice breeze in a 15 x 18 foot room. After running for hours on low, the motor area was cool to the touch, which is a good sign.

The fan has four rubber feet, so it stays put on hardwood floors. The fan can also be tilted up or down, and makes a click sound to keep the fan at the desired angle. (The angle adjustment can be described as "almost infinite" as the click increments are small, which is nice.)

After a week of use, I'm pleased so far; will update this review if any issues arise.

Aspects that could be improved:

1) Make the cord 2 feet longer.

2) Make the angle adjustment clicks quieter.

3) Make the handle at the top more functional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this fan, August 2, 2009
Amazon Customer (Ontario, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought 2 fans. They were to replace older version which was vearing out after 11 years. These fans are so quiet and push so much air. They really help keep the air circulating and decrease the amount of time the air conditioning needs to be on. Just great fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a Perfect Fan, But a Perfect $30 Fan, June 3, 2012
In fact, I would pay full retail price for this fan. It has two minor cons.

Preamble: Before reading this review, keep in mind that most of the cost that goes into fans are the build quality/material and design to make the fan quiet.

So the CONS are just that:

1. The casing is made of what seems to be flimsy plastic all around. The thing shakes noticeably even on the lowest setting (but it's not that bad. just noticeable.)
2. Very Loud, even on he lowest setting it is still 10 times louder than on, say, Vornado 660's highest setting. But that's a $100 fan.

The PROS however make this the perfect budget fan. Perfect.

1.Even on the lowest setting, it is very powerful.
2. On the highest setting, It easily reaches me across the biggest room in my house, about 90 feet! I used it to blow cool air from outside into and all over my humid apartment.
3. It has a large radius, and so does its air stream.
4. It seems that no matter the humidity in my room, the fan manages to blow cool air, unlike warm air with other crap fans.
5. CHEAP