Let's see Lassie with forrest ranger Cory Stewart on DVD!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 21, 2009 7:30:01 PM PDT
I would love to see the release of DVDs of the seasons with Cory Stewart... I was born in the early 60's, and my earliest(and fondest) TV memories were of these episodes of Lassie with the forrest ranger. While the episodes of Timmy and Lassie are surely the cutest, they are before my time, and as such do not bring back the most wonderful memories of my early childhood. In those days, I loved lassie so much, that I knew when I was a grown -up, I would have a dog just like lassie. I remember reading a paperback edition of Lassie Come Home, in those days(late 60's) and it was the most treasured book in my collection of paperbacks. Does anyone feel the same way about the Corey Stewart years? How can we push for the release of these episodes on DVD?

Posted on Mar 1, 2010 6:42:05 AM PST
SFL says:
I must agree, I have Flight of the Cougar and would love to have more. The theme song alone brings back memories.
The lone years would be great too!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2010 3:54:40 PM PDT
Yes I also loved the episodes with Cory Stewart the most. They where more fun to watch. I also would like to see these episodes on DVD.

Posted on Sep 25, 2010 5:49:11 PM PDT
gypsy says:
I watched these episodes on discovery kids channel after my father died. Cory the ranger and my father were so much alike that those episodes gave me so much comfort. I wish they would put these episodes on dvd. I keep checking. Good to know there are more of you out there who feel the same way. I can't even find them on TV anymore.

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 11:54:50 AM PDT
Most of the season twelve episodes are available on a Dutch DVD set. The menus are in Dutch, but the episodes contain the original English soundtracks. One does need a region free DVD player to view them. I've only found a couple of web sites in English that carry them - iMusic.dk and Odd-World.co.uk. The company that released the DVDs, Moefie Klub, keep rereleasing the same episodes on newer DVD sets. Unfortunately with the most recent releases they've cut the number of episodes included in half. So, look for the older releases.

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 12:36:08 PM PST
beth hs says:
just found these comments and I to grew up with lassie and ranger cory and am very disappointed that I can't buy or see those episodes either. If anyone ever finds them please let me know so I can buy them. I do have flight of the cougar only. I am the proud owner of my 4th collie who is a registered therapy dog. Though all of my collies have their own unique names they all have been called lassie a million times when out in public and many people share there lassie memories with us when they stop to pet them. I often tell people if I had a dime for everytime one of my collies was called lassie or I heard timmys in the well I would be rich.

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 1:22:43 PM PST
Beth, and others,

I've been collecting Lassie video release info. Sadly very few episodes have seen official releases. See:

http://Lassie.RawFedDogs.net/Series/Lassie/1954/Episodes/

I don't have the Dutch releases on there yet. I have the American, UK, and some of the Australian releases there.

Posted on May 11, 2012 8:05:13 AM PDT
toni k. says:
Agree 100%! I actually was so influenced by the Lassie-Corey years that it led me to eventually study natural resources in college and find a career in the field.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Oct 21, 2009
Latest post:  May 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Lassie - 50th Anniversary TV Collection
Lassie - 50th Anniversary TV Collection by Lassie (DVD - 2004)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (58)