Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

Format: Kindle EditionChange

on August 20, 2010
Originally posted at: [...]

Imagine waking up with a tiny recollection of what happened the night prior, but knowing for certain you'd lost your heart. Oh, and to add insult to injury, you've been tied to your own bed. Now what would you do? Looks like you need to read Lassoing Lara. I'm glad I did.

NJ Walters writes a scorching hot read. I fell in love with the characters from page one and rooted for them to get the happily ever after they desired. I felt like I was right there with them, feeling their emotions, and realizing what they wanted after all.

As much as I liked the story, there were a few stumbling blocks for me. I liked the characters of Lara and Brody. Both are independent and strong. But when I got to get really inside their heads, there was a lot of telling. I knew how they felt, but it seemed very matter-of-fact. The other issue that tugged me from the book a couple times was the inconsistent point of view. I had a good grasp of whose POV I was in, but there were times when I had to go back and read again to make sure. I didn't want to let go of the characters after the last page, but the back and forth became a little jarring. And though I liked Lara, there were times when her reactions were unrealistic for a woman her age. I wanted to see her show her backbone a bit more. Still, it wasn't enough to discredit the story.

I loved the idea that love can happen quickly between people who know each other on the molecular level. Reading about Lara and Brody kicked my heart rate up and was cause to find a fan. If you want a story that's quick and hot, then you need to read Lassoing Lara. I give this book 3.5 cherries.
on December 26, 2010
This book was disappointing with no plot development. There are really only two scenes in the book. The first is entirely described in the book description. It is like a movie where all the best parts are shown in the previews. The second scene involves Brody convincing Lara to come with him to talk. This evolves into a standard sex scene at the end of which they decide to get married.
on August 12, 2010
LynnMarie's Review

This was my first book by N.J. Walters and it won't be my last. Her writing was masterful and pulled me into the story and brought the characters to life.

Brody wakes up tied to his bed and doesn't have a clue how he got there. He's one hot cowboy and has never found a woman to keep his interest. Lara finds him tied up and helps him get free. She's an old friend that has always been there for him. She's a lot more to look at now than when she was a kid, but for some reason he has never looked at her as a potential girlfriend. When the red lace panties in his bed match the bra he spied Lara wearing under her shirt, his mind starts whirling, trying to piece together the night before.

Lara has been in love with Brody from day one but kept her feelings to herself. She knows he can't be tamed, but wouldn't mind a one night stand if that's all she can get from him. When he can't even remember the night they shared together the next morning, she knows there is no hope of a future for them.

N.J. Walters has a way with words. Her characters were unique and believable. She crafts her sex scenes with the perfect mix of emotion, action and description. Though this was an erotic romance, it was so much more than a roll in bed. Brody and Lara were characters I won't soon forget and their quick love story was touching and powerful.

If you like sexy, alpha cowboys and head strong heroines that are real enough to get hurt, you must read Lassoing Lara. The perfect title to accompany the perfect little erotic, western romance.

5 Tea Cups and a Recommended Read!
on September 26, 2014
Love this author. Hot an steamy.