Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Last Of The Wise Lovers: Mystery & Conspiracy (Suspense and Espionage Literary Fiction Book 1)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on December 26, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The book grabbed my attention quickly and kept me interested throughout. It is a very fast read, that kept me focused and on track. One huge plus (and so sad that this is now even something that I feel the need to mention) is that there are no egregious typos or grammar issues ... either they weren't there OR the plot distracted me enough to not notice. This is a huge pet peeve recently with e-books that seem to have made it onto my kindle without every passing by the eyes of an editor. This is not the case here. The book was well-written and a joy to read.

Why did I knock off a star? Although I enjoyed the book, I didn't love it.
No spoilers, so I'll give general comments.
I'm not a big fan of epistolary novels (this is written in first person as entries in a series of notebooks at the request of an unknown reader addressed as "you"). Usually, I find that format cringe-worthy, but here it was only a minor distraction.
A few plot points were unbelievable and/or contrived and I thought the "mystery man" was pretty obvious.

All in all, an enjoyable read. If a friend asked me about it, I would tell them to go ahead and read it (4 stars), but I didn't feel the need to push it to them as a “you must absolutely must read this” book (5 stars).
on March 17, 2014
Recently "The Last Of The Wise Lovers" was recommended to me and when I had the chance I got comfortable and found myself quickly getting sucked up into this fast-paced thriller. Amnon Jackont winds you up and takes you on an exciting ride where intrigue, danger, mystery and suspense blend together to form a novel that I couldn't put down until I'd finished it. The writing is smooth, vibrant, suspenseful and fast-paced. The author has a talent for weaving a story that keeps you on the edge of your seat in tense anticipation as Ronnie Levin finds himself scrambling to unravel the mystery and the hidden motivations of those around him. From start to finish this was an espionage thriller that kept up the momentum and took me on a memorable ride rife with tension and intrigue.
on March 13, 2014
This book is an excellent thriller with plenty of twists and surprises. I was quite surprised when the "bad guy" was revealed. The book is full of mysterious characters, and the plot is downright intriguing. It keeps you wanting to read more. A few times, I sat down with the intention of reading one chapter, but got sucked into it so much that I ended up reading much more than I anticipated. It is a book that I just couldn't put down.

The author has a great gif for storytelling that makes it an interesting read, and the chapters segue very well one to another. You will NOT be sorry that you spent the whopping $0.99 and the time to read this MUST READ book!
on March 16, 2014
This book took me back to my teenage years. I think the author had a great idea when writing this book. The characters were so real and dynamic that I had to say wow. The author did a good job at creating a great plot that really had me on the edge of my seat. When I met with Ronnie I could identify with him and that was the best part of the story. It was very realistic and very fun to read. I really liked the way the plot kept shocking me and making me wonder. I was at a loss about the identity of the last wise lover but it was very intense getting up to it.

All in all this was a great book, full of fun suspense and great characters. It’s a must read.
on December 23, 2013
I found this novel downloaded on my late mother's Kindle and started reading it not knowing a thing about the plot, the characters or without seeing any ratings because I didn't have internet access at the time. I was quickly drawn in by the plot, the excellent writing and the interesting, mysterious characters. Whenever I thought I knew where it was going I was found to be wrong and Jackont pulled another rabbit out of his hat. I especially enjoyed the NY/NJ setting as well.

I'd highly recommend this novel to anyone who likes mysteries or light espionage novels. It's one of a kind and well worth reading - and for those of you who are put off by bad grammar and typos, this novel had none that I found. An extra added bonus!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 16, 2013
This book is a page turner folks! What a great read! It is so well written, and the characters are so well developed that you will immediately become completely engrossed in their world.

The story flows from scene to scene flawlessly, and this author is a very well developed and exceptional storyteller. The story line has more twists and turns than a mountain road, and just when you think you have it figured out, the Author twists once again, and leaves you guessing until the very end.

The characters are believable, the story is fantastic, what more could you want? I definitely recommend this one!
on August 9, 2014
How well Jammont understands the mind of young men! It is incredible. Because I am old, I would never do what the hero does, but I remember very well a time when I was so confused that I would "delegate" my powers to wiser authorities and lived to regret it.
This is a book of memoirs written by a 17 years old, who finds out that his mother and father are not quite what he thought they were. The real world we discover in our teens is always tougher than what we thought. This is written with so much knowledge and heart that you would fall in love with the wise lover as well. We all crave a bit of attention.
The portrait of the narcissistic mother is so perfect that I believe that the author certainly has once been close to a person like that.
Despite the hype on youth movies and books, it is very hard to write about the teens years once you're past the age. This is very successful. I only know of one other book who did that well. It is a French book, in a more romantic style: The WandererThe Wanderer by Alain-Fournier.
In this case, the young man is the involuntary part of a spy story. How do people become traitors? For greed, love, or delusion. You'll see.
A great read.
on November 13, 2013
What can I say about this book? First off, I can tell you that it is a well crafted emotional thriller and fans of this genre will love sinking their teeth into this one!
The story flows from scene to scene effortlessly, and the author shows exceptional ability when it comes to storytelling. Amnon Jacknot has the ability to entice the reader into this dark and intriguing world which must receive nothing less than a 5 Stars from me.
As much as this genre can be predictable, I found this tale of intrigue to be refreshingly original. There are twists and turns in this page turner that will take the reader on a gripping journey.
It’s one of those rare stories that come along that makes you want to read it non-stop until you get to the end. I’m giving nothing away here. And this, I hope, will only add to the mystery!
A highly recommended read!
on March 7, 2014
I just couldn't get into this book. There seemed to be too many characters and different things happening to keep up with them all. I probably should have kept reading and maybe it all would have fallen into place, but I gave up after the first few chapters.
on March 20, 2014
What an amazing thriller.

The Last Of The Wise Lovers was just AMAZING. Amnon Jacknot wrote a great book with a solid and surprising plot.
The plot is astonishing, until the very end I was surprised. Usually toward the end I find myself knowing who is the "who" and the “only” thing left to do is to "enjoy" the last pages, but in this book it was so much more than that.
The pace of the book is also fantastic! It starts slow and builds, and builds until you're chewing your nails and keep reading. WOW!

Great characters make this story wonderful from beginning to end. Go and read it!