Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

Format: Hardcover|Change

on March 28, 2016
This is a beautifully written hard bound book with many fairly easy original patterns.
on March 21, 2016
What I liked about this book was that it had some very interesting projects especially the Alpaca yarn throw . I may attempt that one nice large needles! Also some small gift projects . Very handy book.
on March 15, 2016
The book is Great. It'seems full of wonderful patterns. And I was thrilled to find it at Amazon. Such quick delivery.
on February 21, 2016
great knitting ideas that are timeless. The instructions are well written , easy to follow and allow for suggestions of types of yearns to use for your gifts. This is a classic book you must have to have in your library of "go-to" knitting musts
on November 17, 2015
Very good idea book, nicely done pictures, and projects had been grouped by time involved which was a great way to present the patterns. My family members have even made unsolicited requests from this book! Very pleased I added this one to my library, and my friends and family are, too:)
on October 3, 2015
Great book
on July 11, 2015
This is an attractive knitting book, filled with all kinds of quick to make projects including: baby items (LOTS of those), scarves, tank tops, home decor items, packing ideas...

I'm taking off a couple of stars as I thought quite a few of the patterns were too easy to be even called an actual pattern, unless you are an absolute beginner. The leg warmers and a couple of the scarves come to mind, in this respect.

I'm also wondering now if I'd actually want to tackle any of these projects, given all the reviews that mention numerous mistakes in many of the patterns. I hate when that happens!

I am an advanced beginner knitter and when I buy a book or pattern, I expect it to be tested and correct. I don't know how these books get published when they have so many errors in them? At the very least, I think all patterns should be made by at least 2 knitters to insure that this doesn't happen. But as any knitter knows, errors seem to be a given, in most books and that is truly unfortunate and not how it should be.

I'll probably return this kindle book for a refund. Too bad but my time is limited for knitting. I don't want to be disappointed by starting a project that is going to be frustrating to make, due to errors. Not worth bothering.
on July 10, 2015
great
on April 3, 2015
I got this book because I was interested in basically one pattern. And to my surprise there were quite a few patterns that interested me and have made.
on March 2, 2015
Thank God I bought the 2011 edition of this book, not the first edition that came out over 10 years ago in 2004. This is because I didn't find out until after my purchase that the original edition contained three pages of errata! Even my edition has one page of errata which I downloaded today.

I did try the Angora Baby Booties project on page 36 and thank goodness it had no mistakes in the instructions. It was my first attempt at double knitting and everything worked out just fine. It made a cute and adorable baby shower gift.

The other projects I would like to try for myself are the Cabled Purse on page 100 (as an evening bag for myself if I ever have the occasion to go out on the town), the Herringbone Poncho on page 116, and the Chevron Scarf on page 120.

This book is for people who like Real Simple magazine or the Minimalist look. My favorite knit stitch is the stockinette stitch because each stitch looks like a miniature heart. After that it is simple even ribbing such as the Leg Warmers on page 54.

There is only one woman's sweater in this book and it only goes up to a 49 inch bust, so it's not very plus size friendly. The author's photo on the back jacket cover shows she is normal sized or slender looking, maybe that's why.

I consider myself an advanced beginner because I haven't yet made my first pair of knitted socks yet. One yarn store owner told me that after I finish my first pair of socks, then I could call myself an intermediate knitter. Most of the projects in this book look easy to me.

Obviously, enough people loved the first edition of the book that they came out with another edition, addressing most of the mistakes. This usually doesn't happen in the publishing world.