Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on November 6, 2003
THE LAST VALENTINE, written by James Michael Pratt is a book of faith, hope, devotion, and most of all never-ending love. A writer Neil Thomas Jr. wants to share the amazing story of the unconditional love his parents shared. Susan Allison just happens to be looking for a love story that she believes cannot exist. The story is of Lt. Neil Thomas and his wife, Caroline. Lt. Thomas must leave his wife and unborn child for war on their first anniversary, February 14, 1944. From Union Station, he gives her a long goodbye and a promise. For fifty years, on the very day they said good bye she returns to Union Station, hoping for the promise he made. On their fifith anniversary, just two days after finding out the true story of her husbands heroic death, she recieves his last valentine. The story of Neil Jr's parents gives him the hope that maybe he will be able to find a love as pure as the love his mother and father shared, and give Susan Allison the faith that there really is love that is strong enough to last through anything.
The Last Valentine was one of the best books I have ever read. At times, I would get confused when the book would continue changing from the past to the present and back to the past, I was unsure of what time era I was reading about. However, I really enjoyed how James Michael Pratt, the author, set up the reading of his book. Even though it could be confusing it allowed for me to understand the whole story. The book allowed for romance and the action of war to keep the story going and it allowed for me to feel and imagine what was happening during the whole book. I would recommend this book for people who don't mind emotional books, and who enjoy reading about romance continuing to last through the burden of World War II.
on July 15, 1999
You are reading the confessions of a reformed cynic. This book has a love story in it's purest form, without all the junk that sometimes clouds things. In it you see what true Love is, and it makes you hope. These are not the ramblings of some young love-sick girl, these are the words of someone who had lost faith in real, time-honored, make-it-through-at-any-cost love....this book restored that faith. A Thank you to Mr. Pratt for a novel that touched my heart.
on April 5, 2000
This book is one of my favorites. Hopeless romantics will love this book. You will find yourself thinking about Neil and Caroline well after you have finished the book. The Last Valentine will have a permanent place in your library. Get out the tissues, put on your pajamas and get comfortable. You won't be able to put it down. My 15 year old daughter also read this book and she loved it. It is written so beautifully without the use of explicit love scenes. Their love is so powerful, you will feel it every time you turn the page.
on May 31, 2015
I bought the DVD of the "Lost Valentine" and wanted to read the book. I loved it! So, I bought the hard back copy and have used the thoughts from the book in remarks for our Memorial Day service. I have loaned a copy out to those who voiced interest. I found the story very moving and plan to re read it often. A must have for those of us who lived through WW II!
on December 6, 1999
I am not sure what motivated me to buy the book in the first place, but after I read it it quickly became one of my favorites. It is all about the things in life that really matter. The love story touched not only my heart but also my soul. I have shared it and recommended it to many of my friends and acquaintances and it has blessed them as well.
on March 18, 2011
I was able to only see about 3/4 of the TV program "The Last Valentine", so I ordered the book (The Lost Valentine). I understand the TV ending differed from the book, so I won't comment on that. All in all I enjoyed the book very much and having seen part of the TV program I was able to mentally picture the characters which made it even more enjoyable (like reading the "Monk" or the "Murder She Wrote" books). This is a book I will read again.
on January 28, 2011
I could not put this book down it was so touching. A must read especially since the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie is coming out in time for Valentines Day. Both men and women will like this story about World War II and LOVE lost and found!
on January 13, 2014
This movie, as a whole, started out to be very depressing. It's a 2-generation love story though, and if it would have concentrated more on the first generation, it would have been a much better movie. The younger couple depleted the aura of "lost valentine' and the first and older generation's romance seemed to be captured only at the beginning and end of the movie. Worth seeing though, because I'd never seen Betty in a non-comedic role, and she is truly a great actress.
on February 18, 2013
I had seen this advertised on tv as a movie and thought it looked good, so I bought the book to read first. I loved the story. A young man, married only 1 yr., goes off to war and promises his wife to return by next Valentine's Day. She finds out she was pregnant and gives birth to their son while he's away at war. Their love for each other never dies. She continues to wait for him but gets word he is missing in action. Year after year, she waits in the train station every Valentine's Day for his return. He eventually returns to her...in spirit....and she goes off with him. It's a very sweet story. I expected the movie to be aired on Valentine's Day but was disappointed to find out I had missed its air date at the end of January. But books are always so much better anyway. I think you'll like this one.
on September 26, 2002
I saw this book in a library afew years ago. I read the back and decided to give it a try. I could not put this book down. I wanted more each time I started a new chapter. The story line passing from the present to the past was great and you could visualize the scene. You could not help but love the characters he created and feel what they felt.
Everytime a friend asks for a book to read, I loan them my copy or just recommend the title.