So it's a bit confusing at first, but once you understand how it works on the different mobile devices LastPass does function very well.

On all devices, the app will sync with your master list of passwords and you can always copy/paste the username/password and view/edit the list.

On the Kindle Fire, the AutoFill functionality doesn't work unless you...
Published on July 5, 2012 by AK

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but a few problems
As another review notes, there's a learning curve. Much of the functionality comes from tapping the settings icon, on the edge of the screen. That's where you can get auto fill. This becomes useful when lastpass tries to login automatically,but without success, such as happens to me with fool.com, or where you have a secondary login.

Also annoying is that you...
Published on December 9, 2012 by katinga

4.0 out of 5 stars App works differently on Fire than other mobile devices, but works., July 5, 2012
This review is from: LastPass (App)

On the Kindle Fire, the AutoFill functionality doesn't work unless you launch with the LastPass browser that gets installed. It's not a separate browser with an icon, but from the LastPass app you can connect and browse. Unlike other mobile devices, this app does not seem to work with other apps installed on the Fire. On those devices, you can select a different input method and then LastPass becomes a "keyboard" where you can use the AutoFill functionality to login. However, when browsing the web using the built in browser, the LastPass autofill functionality does not work - unless you install the Dolphin browser and the LastPass plugin. Only then does the functionality mimic the experience used on the Mac/PC.

So, if you only have a Kindle and no other mobile devices, then you may not want to shell out the $12 a year for this app. However, if you have other devices (blackberry, android mobile, iphone) and are looking for the one app to help you manage all your passwords - the $12 covers all your mobile devices not just the Kindle. I highly recommend this app, but again, you have to understand how it works on the different devices.

If it worked seamlessly the same across all platforms, then easily 5 stars, but the slight learning curve knocks it down by one.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've Switched to LastPass, December 31, 2012
This review is from: LastPass (App)
It's always a pleasure to review good software. As a long time user of Roboform, I became irritated with the unexpected yearly costs, increasingly buggy upgrades, and broken promise of "lifetime" upgrades" for 5 licences purchased many years ago. With version 7, long-time Roboform users were thrown to the curb on our lifetime promise.

So, I started researching alternatives and switched to Lastpass. I love this software. It has a very robust free version that works with all major browsers. The premium version only costs $12/year which basically extends Lastpass for mobile devices and provides a few other benefits (check the comparison chart at the Lastpass website). I believe $12/yr is a small cost to support future feature development of this great program. I was able to port my roboform files over to Lastpass by downgrading my roboform to an earlier version 6. The Lastpass documentation provides detailed instructions on the conversion process. BTW, Lastpass comes with great documentation and has to many features to list in a short review.

The program automatically keeps passwords synchronized between your devises and the Lastpass servers. For those worried about keeping sensitive information in the cloud don't worry, Your data is still stored on your devices and Lastpass uses the same AES-256 encryption and secure one-way hashing security algorithms used by the US Government for top-secret data storage. What this means is all data on their servers is totally secure (all encryption/decryption is done on your machine and your Master and Site passwords are never sent over the internet or stored un-encrypted). For the totally paranoid, Lastpass supports Yubikey secondary authentication. While researching this program, i ran across a very positive and thorough security review on Steve Gibson's 'security now' blog. Steve Gibson is a security expert who came up with terms like "spyware" and created the first anti-spyware programs.

There are many "pros" to Lastpass but to name a few:

Very robust freeware version.
Very good documentation on the Lastpass site
Cheap 'premium' upgrade for mobile devices
Very Secure in protecting your data
Works on all major browsers
Great auto-fill capabilities
Supports "secure notes", including free storage (50 M for free version,....1G for "premium" ($12/year and worth it)

Con:
The only con I've found is one of my imported site logins (namecheap) didn't auto-fill at first. But, the "Save All Entered Data" feature solved this problem. Another example of the Lastpass site great support and documentation areas .

4.0 out of 5 stars LastPass by LastPass, January 22, 2012
This review is from: LastPass (App)
I only bought LastPass because there is no RoboForm app for the Kindle Fire and probably won't be, as the Fire is so limited on onboard memmory. I have been a RoboForm user since its beta days and have hundreds of strong passwords I can't remmeber. LastPass isn't free, $12.00/year after the first 14 day trail. I does work good with the Fire once you setup the free desktop account, add your passwords and sync to the cloud, which in turn syncs to the Fire.

LastPass is good and has very good reviews across the Web. They also own Xmarks which I also have used since the beta days, before LastPass bought it. If your passwords don't look something like this, kmI$M1L8$qPRYuDOq!%WM, try LastPass and manage your strong-safe passwords.

5.0 out of 5 stars making the world more secure, June 23, 2013
Amazon Customer "Birdie" (Los Altos, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LastPass (App)
I have been using LastPass for two weeks now and I'm very impressed. As identity theft, impersonation, and account hijacking are becoming more of a threat daily, a product like LastPass gives a new hope for a more secure world. I'm writing this review in the hope of convincing more people to adopt a tool like LastPass.

LastPass provides a solution to the password management challenge, a seemingly conflicting objective: how can a user who has dozens of accounts on many web sites, and multiple devices (desktop, laptop, tablet, smart-phone, at work and at home), keep passwords both 1) highly secure and yet 2) very easy to use?

The first goal requires each of us to have non-guessable, very long and random passwords which are different for each site we need to login to. The second goal means not having to remember them all (impossible without a system that helps you do so). LastPass "the last password you'll have to remember" does it by introducing one master password which is then used to strongly encrypt all your sites, URLs, passwords, common form-fill contents and more.

While most modern browsers already have support for a master password to encrypt passwords stored on disk, they do not support syncing across devices, not even across multiple browsers on the same device (which LastPass does) and their encryption is not strong enough. LastPass supports AES256 with PBKDF2. This means your identity + master password are not only used to strongly encrypt the sensitive content, but also do it in a way that strengthens it (using multiple encryption rounds, default is 5000). The resulting encrypted blob is meaningless even to LastPass (the company) itself, and would probably take millions of years of computing power to brute-force (try all possibilities) in order to break the encryption.

Of paramount importance: all LastPass encryption and decryption of your secrets is done locally on your computer/device and never travels over the network, not even over secure-web (SSL). Only the strongly encrypted contents get sent to LastPass servers for storage and syncing across devices.

What if some black-hat managed to compromise the LastPass site or databases? You can sleep well. In fact you could even publish your encrypted vault on a public site. The strongly-encrypted data is meaningless, and your master password is not known or stored in any way on the mother-ship.

What if a three-letter government agency were to order LastPass to give them your data? Same answer applies:
LastPass doesn't have your master password, only you do, and without it, the encrypted data is practically useless.

One of the biggest advantages of LastPass over other similar solutions is its portability: it works on all major platforms, including Windows, Mac OS-X, Linux, Android, iOS, blackberry, and more. It also has credentials import facility for a very large number of existing systems, so it is very easy to start using it on any new computer, without having to re-input a large number of web credentials.

What if someone managed to figure out your master password? LastPass has an answer to that too: once you enable two-factor authentication, you can limit use of your credentials to only certain devices, countries, keys, and/or additional shared-secrets so your strongly-encrypted "vault" of secrets, is useless to attackers even if they somehow manage to guess your master password unless they can lay their hands on your device (or other second factor) too. In the event that your master password is compromised, it is trivial to change it and re-encrypt the whole vault of credentials and secrets.

LastPass supports auto-generation of long random passwords: you can control length, types of characters, and more. It supports auto-fill of various forms and auto-logins to sites and many more features so your whole internet experience becomes much smoother. When you login to a new site for the 1st time, LastPass immediately offers to save the new credentials for future use and any device. The result is a big time saver when logging into different sites from different devices.

LastPass provides a security challenge you may take, which can reveal weaknesses: do you use the same password on multiple sites? How strong is each and every one of your passwords, etc. so you can fix things and become even more secure with time.

LastPast is not perfect. I've seen cases where it misidentifies form-fields when trying to guess user/password for a new site. The mobile experience is a bit unintuitive at first: I had to use the LastPass app to establish credentials before using a browser. The number of options is large and may be a bit intimidating for non technical users. It does however come very close to perfection in solving the password challenge as presented above and covering all bases in my view, so I feel comfortable to rate it 5-stars.

There's more to LastPass than I covered here, but the above is the gist of it. After two weeks of use, I can't possibly imagine my online life without LastPass. It even helps me sleep better knowing that my new password lifestyle, makes me safer online. I believe if everyone were to adopt a tool like LastPass, it would make the whole world much more secure.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but a few problems, December 9, 2012
This review is from: LastPass (App)

Also annoying is that you can't copy the address of a page to paste within a post. And when you switch between web and app, sometimes you have to login again to crossroads and the site you were previously logged into.

Another annoyance: You type in a stock symbol and the browser autoworkers. I see no way to beat this.

Follow-up: I let the trial subscription pass. Instead, we have a robust pin with 8 numbers, and configured the Kindle to remember the passwords. As to the stock symbol problem, I think you can configure Kindle to not autocorrect for this app. Unfortunately, I don't have the app installed anymore to find out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product--problems with customer support, August 22, 2014
CrankyToday (Potomac, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LastPass (App)
(It's a few days later now. Customer Service at LastPass extended my subscription time by one week while the problem was being sorted. Shortly thereafter, the problem with making payment went away and I successfully renewed. Ultimately, LastPass Customer Service made the right moves, even if the process was frustrating. But, I still think it's very poor practice to send the first renewal notice only three days in advance. I'm changing the rating to four stars. Five for the product and three for the tough time with Customer Support.)

LastPass is a fine product. If I could rate the product alone, I would give it five stars, but read on ... I've used the product for a year now. I paid the fee to have a premium account and now it's time to renew that. They have sent me a notice to renew, three days in advance of expiration -- THREE DAYS! I go to the web page to renew and most of the selections do nothing. The only one that works wants me to make a recurring payment. I'm not interested in mindlessly renewing year after year. I sent a trouble report to customer service. We go back and forth several times. Each time, their directions send me to the same non-working web page. They want me to try different browsers and different computers. Well, I've used two browsers on three computers so far. This have gone on for two full days now. I asked them to phone me but they refuse. I asked that my report be escalated, but the same tech is replying to me. My paid account will have expired by now, so I suspect that further complaints are useless. So, here I am with a LastPass vault full of gibberish passwords. I expect that they will still work on my computers, but not my smartphone (because mobile support is what one gets with a paid account). So, here's the bottom line... fine product but poor attention to customer support--even when you're trying to GIVE THEM MONEY!

5.0 out of 5 stars LastPass Review, July 7, 2012
This review is from: LastPass (App)
I have been using the premium version for a couple of years. In fact I would recommend buying both Xmarks and LastPass. Two superb programs. I have never had a probem with either. For a password manager, it can't be beat and is secure. Xmarks allows for you to sync your favorite bookmarks on multiple computers. If you pc crashes, you are safe. Just download your bookmarks.

5.0 out of 5 stars I finally gave in and am so happy to have the security, April 2, 2014
This review is from: LastPass (App)
I don't know why but I just didn't want to use a keyword manager/generator for a long time. I finally gave in and , after reading several reviews, got LastPass and have no regrets.

I used to have a password that I had used for a long time using minor variations that I could remember. Well, thought I could remember. I realized that was not a good scenario. I started creating random passwords. I had so many notes that it was hard to find the one for the site I wanted to log into.

I decided to try LastPass.

Now, when I go to a site that I want to log into, there are asterisks in the username and password fields. If there is a number with it then I know I have a password stored for this site, or maybe more. I can click on an asterisk and LastPass shows me the name(s) I registered under and I can select the one I want to login under. If I haven't stored info for the site I can enter the info myself or even have LastPass create a password. After that, there will be buttons at the top of the screen asking if the info should be stored or not.

I was pretty nervous not having a "handy" list but I can login to my LastPass "vault" and get my passwords. I can also download a CSV file or print a listing.

I have loaded LastPass on my laptop, tablet, Kindle and android phone. It works seamlessly across them all.

I really like that I can set LastPass to require me to use a master password whenever I login to a site that has my financial info (credit card, bank account, etc.).

I was a little concerned when I purchased an item from a teacher who uses a custom PayPal setup. Since the website was not the direct PayPal site, it didn't offer to fill in my PayPal login info. I didn't want to mess up my PayPal login so I went to my vault, got my PayPal password and entered it so I could finish the transaction.

That kind of showcases the multiple listings that LastPass may show when you click on an asterisk to fill in the info. I now have "two PayPal" listings in LastPass. I separate them by putting them in different groups that I have created. for example I have a group for Finance and a group for School. The good thing is that when LastPass shows the sites it has stored, it also shows you the URL stored for each.

I also have multiple listings of sites because I separate my business and personal purchases. LastPass has an Identities mode so that you can separate different parts of your life such as business, personal, school, but I haven't tried using this yet. I should though.

And if for some reason I do not want to continue with LastPass, I can export all my login info to a CSV file or print it out.

I am still nervous about having my passwords stored online but having faith that LastPass is as secure as reviewers say it is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mobile version good on my Kindle Fire...not perfect, January 16, 2013
This review is from: LastPass (App)
I have the regular version of LastPass on my laptop and it is absolutely wonderful. All you have to remember is one password and whenever you go to a website that you have stored it just autofills all your information and can auto-login, too.
However, this ease is not quite translated to the mobile app. When I use it on the Fire, I have to go in through the app, and you can only do one website at a time. When you want to switch to view a different website, you have to go back to the home screen, pick LastPass again, and re-enter your password. I'm glad to still have my passwords stored, but this is kind of a pain. There IS an option for LastPass to autofill your password, but then they warn you that it seriously compromises your security which kind of defeats the whole purpose of LastPass.
*** After having used this a while I found the place at the bottom of the Fire where you can toggle & change the page you're visiting. This made me bump up my star rating- still a little bit awkward though having to type in my password so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars indispensible!, January 5, 2013
Steve (Mansfield, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LastPass (App)
I've got this app on my PC and iPhone, and it's a great way to keep all my passwords updated and available on ALL my devices.
Just remember to not set it to 'remember' the master password on mobile devices--that way, if the device is lost, no one can get access to your passwords.

LastPass