Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Late Night Piano
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

For passionate music lovers like me, listening to this compilation CD provides a great entertainment with its relaxing sounds of jazz piano music. I love all the timeless melodies in this collection of piano works that are full of majesty and virtuosity as played by a bevy of the most influential jazz pianists of all-time such as Oscar Peterson, Bill Evans, Duke Ellington, Erroll Garner, George Shearing, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Teddy Wilson, among others. It has a little bit of everything for your listening pleasure starting off with Erroll Garner's signature piece, "Misty" to the last track, Duke Ellington and Johnny Hodges' "Just A Memory."

"Misty" has that tranquil beauty that whispers to your ears down to your heart and soul. I love it to death that I listen to it with a few repeats. "Moonlight In Vermont" by Oscar Peterson Trio and "As Time Goes By" by Teddy Wilson and Gerry Mulligan have that calming effect that soothes all your cares away. Count Basie's performance in "She's Funny That Way" is so full of innate charms that shows off his majestic style.

The First Lady of Song, Ella Fitzgerald, sings gorgeously the intro of "You Go To My Head" to her version of "Going Out Of My Head" with Duke Ellington's accompaniment on piano. One great Bossa Nova tune made it to the list, "Chega De Saudade" by Antonio Carlos Jobim. Bill Evans plays a Cole Porter gem "I've Got You Under My Skin" in a swinging fashion.

This collection of beautiful piano works is perfect for a late night listen.

Wholeheartedly recommended.
on June 11, 2009
I was looking for that Smooth but classy Piano bar type of music and this album is the best I have found so far. Excellent.!!!
on July 13, 2015
Misleading title; annoyingly loud, jarring tracks. Get this if you want late night listening but be prepared to get startled out of your skin. Poor selection. I have most of these pieces but wanted the quiet ones all on one CD, boy was I fooled. 1/4 star rating but too bad 1 star is the lowest on this scale
on December 9, 2010
What a great selection of players and tunes. As the title states, put this on after dinner, get comfortable and slowly, you will find yourself forgetting the stuff that bugged you all day and feeling happy to have found such a sweet collection.
on November 8, 2013
It gave me a window into the world of late night clubbing and piano bars. I play along with the melodies on my upright bass, and it is great! However, UPS did the most damage to the case of this cd by cracking it and it almost falling out of the bag because it was ripped open.
on February 3, 2014
If you're a genuine lover of smooth "cocktail" piano, this album will be a huge disappointment. Maybe I'm a tad finicky, since I'm a pianist myself, but this entire project sounds extremely "canned", e.g. the "demo" track on a digital grand in a music store, only not as smooth. Most of the tracks on this project sound extremely "stiff", not at all relaxed, and thus, are not relaxing to listen to. The collection of titles is great, yes, but the way they are played is - to me - not at all pleasant.

Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this. It is anything but enjoyable.
on February 14, 2013
I wanted a CD that was really easy to listen to, light & relaxing. This CD is PERFECT! I listen to it in my car while in Texas traffic, when entertaining or just to help me relax. My 17 year old daughter even likes the CD. This is a Definite BUY if you like slow and melow instrumental music !!!
on April 11, 2013
This collection of artist on the piano playing various jazz pieces makes for easy and enjoyable listening. You will like it!
on April 9, 2013
Exceeded what I expected. Would recommend to anyone who likes to take a quiet moment and just relax. Just wonderful.
on December 23, 2011
Very nice. Listen to it at work. Helps me make it through the day. Thanks to my son for getting me this gift.