Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on October 4, 2008
I have just thrown out my second Lateral Thigh Trainer, so I think you can comfortably consider me an LTT expert!

As many reviewers do, I'll start with the machine's positive aspects; obviously it had some, or I wouldn't have bought two!

It is nice and heavy/sturdy--so it doesn't tip or slide as you use it. It is fun to use, because you not only go up and down, but also swivel your hips, like dancing. It delivers a GREAT workout--the first time around I coupled it with a diet and was amazed at the weight I lost and how toned I became in a relatively short time! I know I sound like I work for them, but I love the machine for that!

Now that negatives: unfortunately, for whatever reason, they decided to construct the LTT with cheap materials. The first thing you'll notice is that it will develop a squeak/screech after a few weeks. The squeak doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason; some days it's deafening, the next day it's gone, then it comes back. WD40 is only temporarily effective.

Finally, the LTT's Achilles' heel is that the guts are made flimsily. For me, one of the first things to go both times was the bicycle chain inside--it just snaps, and that's that. My first time around I toiled to replace it with a another chain. I was successful after much work, but got filthy, and really, should we have to "pimp" a manufactured exercise machine just to get it to work?

The second time, the chain broke (after about 5 weeks of daily use) and I threw the machine out immediately. Needless to say, I'm done with LTT's!

It's really a shame, because if the materials chosen to make it were longer-lasting, I'd happily give this machine five stars. I am only giving it three because it's a fun machine, but realize that if you get it and actually use it religiously, you won't have it for long!

P.S. Apparently the same company's next product, the Air Climber, attempts to address the squeaking and breaking problem. I've used it but am not impressed and am returning it.
on November 9, 2008
After Purchasing Brenda's Air Climber, the Lateral Thigh trainer looked like a winner.....but hold that thought!

Working full time and attending college, I do not have time to go to neighborhood gym that closes at 9pm. I live in a small condo and do not have room for a large exercise equipment. Yes, I would have preferred to purchase an expensive durable professional machine if I had the space.
The stepper "Looks" solid, is heavier, and gives the impression that it will last a long time, however, do not be fooled by appearances!

The Lateral Thigh Trainer gave me a good workout, and uses a Bike Chain looking mechanism to operate the stepper.
The number one problem with the Lateral Thigh Trainer: the Chain! It snapped and broke at least 7 seven times on me within a one year period. The good news is it can be repaired.
The first couple of times, I removed the black cover, and took the chain to be repaired by a bike shop for several dollars! This was definitely cheaper than paying 20-30 dollars for shipping/handling/repair to send it back to the factory. The problem was fixed until it snapped again a month later! I decided to buy a bike chain repair kit and began to fix the Lateral Trainer myself when the chain snapped every so often. I left the black cover off permanently, and was able to repair it in 10 minutes!
I eventually threw the Lateral Thigh Trainer away, and gave up my career as a chain repairman for the Lateral Thigh Trainer!

Due to the major "chain" issues, thumbs down on this product!
on September 12, 2009
The chain mechanism on this product is a poor idea and unfortunately it will eventually break with moderate use as did mine. This item also develops an annoying squeaking noise after a while. I purchased mine pretty inexpensively and it still upsets me that it did not last more than a few months of moderate work-outs. I threw mine away rather than have it repaired and ordered another machine with the same lateral thigh training, which I loved, but with a hydraulic system rather than the poorly made chain mechanism. I have to stress that the idea of the lateral movement with the stepping action does tone and sculpt your legs etc., very well! I used mine with hand weights and had the benefit of having a whole body work-out with exceptional results. Great idea but invest in another, more reliable mechanism.
on April 14, 2009
I bought this product a few years ago,at first everything went well,great thigh toner,lovely motion feeling great after using,started loosing weight
then the tension control went and alass the chain broke,just imagine a thin chain is the hearth of this product.I did not waste time I throwed it
in the garbage heap,Don't waste your money on this product.