5.0 out of 5 stars Great duffel
Published on November 15, 2011 by K. Thomas

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice leather. Everything else is crap
I'm not sure how this bag still has a 4 star rating. Those people must not use their duffel very much because under regular use this thing is literally falling apart.

Pros:
The leather rich, dark brown colour with a pleasant feel to it
Published 13 months ago by king

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great duffel, November 15, 2011
I bought this duffell because I was tired of walking to two bags to work, my regular purse and a separate bag for my lunch and magazines. This duffel is perfect. I can comfortably fit all my junk and it's easy to carry. There's a shoulder strap with a leather pad so that the strap doesn't dig into my shoulder. You can also drape it from you elbow using the shorter handles. It's good quality and looks exactly as described by the seller.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice leather. Everything else is crap, January 27, 2014

Pros:
The leather rich, dark brown colour with a pleasant feel to it
The size is perfect for me. A good size for weekend trips or taking it to the gym with my jui jitsu gear, towel and a change of clothes.
I'm reaching here, but I haven't had any of the hardware break on me like other buyers have reported. I wouldn't be surprised when this happens though as it's obviously not nice metal.

Cons:
The interior satin-type lining gave way after a few days use. It's rubbish.
The stitching on the bag, particularly the top handles is atrocious. It's falling apart under totally normal use and looked awful from day 1.
The velcro on the handle has almost completely torn off from regular use and will need to be repaired.

Recommendation:
Don't waste your money on a Latico product. I was disappointed from day 1 and this is most certainly not a durable bag.

Unfortunately, the more I use this bag, the less I like it as it finds new ways of breaking and falling short of expectations. Definitely not what I'd like from a bag which cost so much. Latico = bad quality and poor design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Man travel bag, January 27, 2013
I've searched all over the web and in stores looking for an affordable but high quality weekend bad. I saw this on Amazon and after some hesitation and a upcoming trip, I decided to buy. I am truly happy and as other reviews state, it is quality made! I am very particular on my purchases and I wanted a duffle that was manly and not something that looked like your girlfriend would use. The downside was it took 2 orders to get the right bag as there are inconsistencies between the bags such as coloration, shoulder strap hardware etc but nothing major that warrants returning the bag. I'll be returning the bag i didn't like. As stated the bag is high quality but I wasn't satisfied at just that. I decided to take it a step further and waterproof the bag using a beeswax compound called snoseal (also found on amazon). Aside from the amazing protection it gives the leather, it enhanced the color with a nice sheen that made the leather look way more expensive and masculine. This step for me took a good bag and made it great. Pack smart and you fit enough clothes for a 4-day weekend including room for sandals and shoes while easily storing in the planes overhead compartment. All in all I am happy with the purchase and hopefully it will last many years to come.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor workmanship..., April 24, 2013
This bag looks great. Definitely ideal for a weekend trip and the leather is of great quality. The only problem I have is that after using it once as a carry on for my weekend trip, the lining on the inside ripped off and the snap hook on the shoulder strap broke...

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks better in the photo, May 28, 2013
Arrived defective, stud under the bag had snapped off and the strap clip didn't fit the loop on the bag. All metal parts looked and left cheap and of poor quality. The lether was good, but not worth the price. Have returned the item.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Bag. Strap broke within two months, October 7, 2013
Was looking for a bag that would look nice and be durable for when I travel. The look of the bag was nice but not worth the price in my opinion. I fly a lot so this was the bag I used to and fro from the airport. I never carry very much but this bag just gave out after four months. Was walking thru a terminal when the piece of crap broke on me, handle broke off. Spend your money on a better bag than this one. Big disappointment

1.0 out of 5 stars wouldn't recommend it., October 8, 2013
The interior lining is very cheap and terrible and started ripping after the first time I used the bag. The handles appeared to be ripping and sewn poorly. The shoulder strap is nylon, not leather and feels really cheap. The bag itself is really nice from a distance, but upon close inspection is poor quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!, July 26, 2013
Bag workmanship..sucks to the max!

I expected much more but was extremely disappointed with the workmanship ..

only good thing about the bag is the quality of the leather..feels good apart from that..the stitching to the zippers to the shoulder straps ain't worth the money.....will post picture of bag soon...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great weekend bag, January 22, 2013
Love this bag. Soft, dark leather, plenty of room, and ideal as an airplane carry-on or for a short summer weekend. Small zipper compartment for ipods, and other fragile electronics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop Calling this a Men's Duffle --- I'm a Woman and I Love It!, August 12, 2014
Even though this is marketed as a men's duffel bag, I bought it for myself. I was specifically looking for a leather duffel in this color, with a shoulder strap to use as a carry on when flying. The first one I received came in a completely crushed box that had been re-taped by UPS, but the interior package with the leather duffel in it was not damaged; however, the shoulder strap was missing. Amazon Customer Service was wonderful in helping get a new duffle shipped out to me while the other one was being returned. The second package arrived undamaged, and the duffel had the shoulder strap. I love it! The quality is great, the size is perfect for me --- not a large 'luggage' size, not small enough to just be a big purse, but great for an overnight or as a carryon. It looks like it costs a couple of hundred dollars more than it did (I've been researching and pricing them for months).

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›