5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a wonderful little play, December 17, 2000
By A Customer
We have a very small religious school. Only 9 children from kindergarten through 6th grade. Wanted to do something with them for Chanukah. Found Latkes, Latkes. Read it to them. They loved it! I rewrote it as a play and they performed it. The parents and other members of the congregation loved it! The latkes luncheon after the play was the sour cream and applesauce for the day! I was extremely pleased with this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended for young readers., February 14, 2000
This Chanukah is an excellent story for the season. Sadie and her four younger brothers are poor and always hungry, but Sadie is given a frying pan that cooks up latkes on demand. When her brothers become involved in the find, trouble ensues.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice addition to the Hanukkah treasury of books, November 6, 1999
By A Customer
What can I add? The reviews above give you the proper feeling for the story. Best of all are the female heroes, and the good deeds performed. Just in case you happen to obtain a magic pan of your own, the secret words to stop it are the translation of "Nes Gadol Haya Sham"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for teaching about Hanukkah in a public school, December 26, 2013
In a public school, it's hard to walk that line between religion and secularism. This story is one of the ones I use because it's also good fun for the kids. My second graders love the repetition of the chorus and the boys getting in trouble. It's great for teaching inference too. I like any book where I can legitimately get any skill taught during the holiday wind-up period. The illustrations are also lovely.

I used the Kindle Reader on my computer and my Interactive White board to project the book to the class. It was a new and interesting way to "read" the story to the class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, May 18, 2014
This review is from: Latkes, Latkes, Good to Eat: A Chanukah Story (Paperback)
This is a sweet story about kindness, miracles, and following rules. Our daughter loves to do the latke chant when we read the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, November 26, 2013
I love this book! We get it out to read every Chanukah and its always a favorite. It appeals to a wide age range of kids - 3 on up to at least 8.

5.0 out of 5 stars Latkes, Latkes, Good to Eat: A Chanukah Story, July 10, 2013
This lovely story can be shared with students of many different faiths. It lends itself beautifully to a younger audience. Every year, during the winter holidays, I search for that special book to inform children about Chanukah. This book was just delightful to use! The children were mesmerized by it! We had so much fun reading it together at my school library in Homestead, Florida. I just loved reading it aloud to the children. You should have seen their faces! You would have loved watching their expressions and shouts of joy as the story progressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Hanukkah story, April 29, 2013
My students love this story and can relate it to Strega Nona! We read it every year when we learn about holidays and customs in December.

4.0 out of 5 stars a fun cultural book, April 1, 2013
This review is from: Latkes, Latkes, Good to Eat: A Chanukah Story (Paperback)
My daughter's teacher read her this and I happened to be there during story time that day. It was cute. I had to buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming book, wonderful illustrations, January 8, 2013
This review is from: Latkes, Latkes, Good to Eat: A Chanukah Story (Paperback)
Lovely book, charming story, and wonderful illustrations.Bought the book to read to some children who were visiting during the month of December. Really love the illustrations and will be looking for more books by this author and this illustrator.

Latkes, Latkes, Good to Eat: A Chanukah Story
Latkes, Latkes, Good to Eat: A Chanukah Story by Naomi Howland (Paperback - September 20, 2004)
$6.99 $6.91