Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Format: PaperbackChange

on November 24, 2010
My 8yo son carried this book around with him. Even slept with it! He had his nose stuck in it, occasionally looking up to tell me a joke but mostly just enjoying giggling at the humor that is perfect for the older elementary set. Kids don't realize that reading this book is helping them improve their language skills. I loved this book and recommend it highly as a gift for a kid in your life. And it's the perfect size to fit in a Christmas stocking.
11 comment304 of 317 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2010
This joke book is definitely a contender for Most Popular Joke Book of the Year. Yes, it has some "groaners" but those are what the kids like the most! The humor is clean, imaginative, and suitable for kids as well as adults. I enjoyed it very much and I'm not much of a joke book reader, but I find myself still remembering the chuckles even when I have now forgotten the punchlines! I wish my grandson was 9 instead of 5 so that I could tickle his funnybone!
0Comment185 of 199 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2012
My 7 year old son loves this book. Yes, the jokes are corny but this book is directed towards children.
My son really likes the jokes. It's hilarious watching him laughing after he read the jokes. He thinks I'm laughing at the jokes when I'm really laughing at him.
11 comment109 of 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2010
If you are looking for highly sophisticated and dry humor, this isn't your joke book. But if you want a bunch of fun and entertaining jokes to share with children, this is your book! Highly recommended if you want to see your kids giggle, smile and laugh.
0Comment111 of 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2013
I work in a grocery store bagging groceries. Needless to say, I see a lot of kids. I thought this would be a great corny book to get the shyer kids laughing with. And it is! Mostly. The first half is full of funny jokes. The second half is dedicated to knock knocks, and well... not so good. All name themed, all have to do with the old "lettuce in!" gag. Most aren't funny at all. Not even corny funny. I feel like I only bought half a book.
22 comments177 of 198 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2010
I really recommend this joke book. I did laugh out loud! It makes a great gift. I am getting it as a stocking stuffer for some of my friends. And also to gave it to a friend who is convalescing in the hospital.
11 comment49 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2011
We picked this book up for our 7-yr old daughter. She loves to read the jokes and riddles to us whenever she has a free moment. It has goofy, age appropriate word-play jokes, knock-knock jokes, riddles and tongue twisters. It was great family fun trying out the tongue twisters and answering riddles on a recent driving trip. This is definitely worth having around.
0Comment71 of 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2011
...for the simple reason that I hear them often from the mouth of my eight-year old niece! As a girl who loves books and reading, the book was an instant hit with her. And when a book wins over other fun things in her home (movies, online games, etc.), it's pretty good. We even set up an impromptu "comedy club" scene recently at a family gathering and let her tell jokes. Too cute. Thanks Rob, for a great compilation. Keep 'em coming!
0Comment56 of 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2011
I purchased this book for a friend of mine. She loves little corny jokes like the ones found inside. It's nice and small, easy to carry around for a quick reference in case you need to entertain an audience of children... or mass of college kids.
on April 7, 2015
Unfortunately, I tried this book with a fourth grade class. They did not laugh out loud or any other way.