5.0 out of 5 stars Readers Digest jokes and cartoons without Readers Digest.
If you buy the Readers Digest just for the jokes and cartoons then you dont need to anymore.The jokes and cartoons are all here compiled into 1 book.

Good value,good quality and a great laugh and makes an ideal gift.What more could you want?.
Published on October 31, 2005 by Chris Sellick

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great
This book contains several classic jokes, and some funny jokes I never heard before. It also contains some clunkers. I suspect that reading jokes is just not as laugh-packed as watching a top comic deliver the same jokes in person.
Published on January 7, 2006 by Barry Rucker

5.0 out of 5 stars Readers Digest jokes and cartoons without Readers Digest., October 31, 2005
Chris Sellick (South Australia,Australia) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A Laugh on Every Page, May 2, 2001
Steven Fantina (Phillipsburg, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
As a nervous flyer, I thought a joke book might be a calming distraction for the plane ride. While it was far from a panacea, it probably assuaged my trepidation by keeping me occupied. And even with my feet planted firmly on terra firma, the book is good for several guffaws.
For decades "Reader's Digest" has been nearly as beloved for its humorous anecdotes as its engaging stories. This compilation of tidbits from its long-running feature provides a great deal of wholesome laughter. As with the magazines other amusing columns, the vignettes provide abundant laughs without resorting to raffishness or ribaldry. Could that at least part of the reason why the magazine has maintained its longstanding popularity?

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny and Clean Jokes, April 2, 2007
I have been looking for jokes for a while to release some of my stress. I think I got it. We all know that not all jokes are funny. But this book provides a lot of well selected jokes which in my opinion is clean and funny. I can't help laughing as I go through it in my spare time, after dinner, after kids go to sleep, mom is away... highly recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great, January 7, 2006
Barry Rucker (Murrieta, CA USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughter, the Best Medicine, January 12, 2011
I purchased this book as a Christmas present for my dad who has dementia and is in a nursing home. He absolutely loves this book and, as a result, so do I. He derives great pleasure in reading jokes to his family, staff, and friends. He's always had a generous side and this gives him a way to give joy to other people. I know it does to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars You will enjoy this book, July 28, 2007
If you like humor, this book if for you. It's great to share with the family as everyone will get a kick out of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, November 22, 2011
I saw this book at a bookfare and knew i could find it cheaper on Amazon. The stories and illustrations are awesome. Great book if you want to laugh

5.0 out of 5 stars The Healing Power of Humor, January 14, 2007
This book will provide lots of laughs. But if you want to know why laughter is the best medicine

you should also own The Healing Power of Humor (Tarcher, 1989)... a classic in the field which

contains fourteen techniques of how to increase your sense of humor. Also available on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Collection of Jokes & Quotes, September 29, 2014
I'm one of those adults who still hasn't grown up yet. I love jokes! So many of the joke books out there are filled with terrible jokes that get more eye rolls than laughs. And many others rely on crude humor, which is not my thing. This book was a refreshing little gem with a bunch of good, clean, funny jokes that I can pick up now and then when I want a laugh. It's a small book but it packs a big punch.

You may want to note that the material is from Reader's Digest over the years so it's not necessarily current. For example: "Yesterday I got my tie stuck in the fax machine. Next thing I knew, I was in Los Angeles." Haha. Oh well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book...Old Memories, September 20, 2010
As a child I grew up with my own Reader's Digest subscription. I couldn't wait until arrived in the mail. I grabbed it as soon as it came in and dove in. I loved the Laughter the Best Medicine and all the wonderful stories. This book brings back lots of great memories and belly laughs too. I agree, laughter really is the best medicine. Take time to enjoy it once again.

Laughter the Best Medicine: More than 600 Jokes, Gags & Laugh Lines For All Occasions (Reader's Digest)
Used & New from: $5.13