5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous nostalgia!
I remember when I was little my parents had a subscription to Reader's Digest. I looked forward to every issue just to read the "Laughter is the best medicine" page. This book is such a wonderful trip down memory lane for me! And it just goes to show you that humor doesn't need to be crude and vulgar to be funny.
Published 22 months ago by J. Collins

3.0 out of 5 stars not enough really funny jokes
Some of the jokes were really funny but unfortunately there were not enough of those. Mildly amusing does not lead to laughter...
Published 15 months ago by Marina Owen

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous nostalgia!, February 27, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Humorous, February 24, 2013
This book is a great addition to any library. It is entertaining for all ages and really is ideal for someone looking for light reading and a pick me up.

5.0 out of 5 stars The title says it all!, January 21, 2013
The humor segments are my favorite parts in Reader's Digest. To be honest it's why I have a subscription. When I saw this book I just had to have it and the fact that it is a Kindle version is a huge plus. I laughed so hard through this whole book I thought I might suffocate! Thank you Reader's Digest for putting it all into one book. It's awesome.

4.0 out of 5 stars A funny compilation, November 15, 2012
Reader's Digest Jokes are really fun to read. And the fact that it was compiled like this is definitely a big plus! The book has chosen the best jokes on the great reader's digest books. To top it up, my reading escapade has been fulfilled with reading this book and another book How To Be Happy: Cheer Up! (Positive Thinking Series) and it all made my day worthwhile.

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back...somewhat., March 2, 2013
I used to love reading this column in RD each month when our issue would arrive in the mail. When I saw this compilation offered, I decided to "step back in time", so to speak. This is still good, clean fun and other than the addition of actual jokes vs cute little stories, I did enjoy the sense of deja vu. Keep this one handy to enjoy a quick laugh during your busy day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Humor from the Reader's Digest!, February 20, 2012
This review is from: Laughter Really Is The Best Medicine: America's Funniest Jokes, Stories, and Cartoons (Paperback)
Whne I was a young shaver growing up, READER'S DIGEST played an important role in my development as a reader. Its varied mix of articles and features was very appealing. I especially enjoyed most the cartoons, quotes and jokes found in every issue. Published in 2011, LAUGHTER REALLY IS THE BEST MEDICINE carries on that tradition, presenting 215 pages of humor taken from recent issues that are guaranteed to bring a smile or laugh.

LRITBM collects over 1,000 jokes, quotes, one-liners, anecdotes and cartoons that run the gamut from laugh-out-loud knee-slappers to witty quips. The book divides its material into four chapters: '@Work,' 'Family and Friends,' 'Life and Death' and 'Last Laughs.' Each chapter is sub-divided into categories, For example, under 'Family and Friends' are sections on 'Family Fun,' 'Kids' Play' and 'Beware of Pets.' I especially enjoyed the many examples that show wit is alive and well in America.

Here are some samples:

*A man called the IRS help desk and begun by saying: "I'm calling with the stupid question of the day." The tired-sounding agent replied: "Too late."
*A mom and dad rushed their four-year-old son to the ER with high fever, terrible cough and vomiting. The doctor did an exam then asked the boy what bothered him the most. After thinking it over, the boy said: "I would have to say my little sister."
*The manager of an electronics store got mad when the factory sent him an item, part number 669, when he clearly had ordered part 699. He returned the item accompanied with a fiery letter. Several days later he received a package from the factory with the same part and a note saying: "Turn the box over."

Short and sweet: LAUGHTER REALLY IS THE BEST MEDICINE is lots of laughs, lots of fun and only $9.95. It will brighten your day...or at least your lunch hour. Recommended.

*****
Review # 1,500!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's RD, how can they go wrong?, February 13, 2013
i have had a subscription to RD for a lonnnnggg time because it is a quality product. Sure, I recalled a few of the jokes; but overall they showed me again that laughter TRULY is the best medicine! The cost of the e-version is quite reasonable as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughter Really Is The Best Medicine: America's Funniest Jokes, January 8, 2013
This book is really hilarious.....the whole family has enjoyed reading it. It is one you do not have to read all at once.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Collection of Humor, March 11, 2012
Great book to read when you have a little time to fill with some light reading. I love Readers Digest and always enjoy the humor sections. This combines them all into one book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, March 24, 2014
When you are having a rough day this book helps you relax. Really funny stuff to help you put things in perspective.

Laughter Really Is The Best Medicine: America's Funniest Jokes, Stories, and Cartoons by Editors of Reader's Digest (Paperback - January 6, 2011)
$9.95 $9.81