Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Laughter Therapy: How to Laugh About Everything in Your Life That Isn't Really Funny
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

80%
20%

on November 9, 1999
Every single line in this marvelous book contains wisdom, good sense, and simple yet profoundly logical advice that we should apply to every day of our lives. You'll find yourself reading lines over several times to better remember what they say about the importance of laughter, how it can be misused, and how it can add immeasurably to our quality of life. Written with intelligence and humor in easy-to-read, conversational style, the author shows us that laughter should not be "laughed off" as unnecessary, unproductive or frivolous. I found myself repeatedly saying "what a great thought" or "what a fabulous idea." For those with problems, illnesses or aspects of their lives that are not really funny, this book offers rock-solid solutions for using laughter therapy to help you deal and cope in dramatically better ways. Few, if any, of us don't have stress or problems that drain our physical and emotional reservoirs -- and so, this book has inspiring, universal appeal. Light bulbs will go on for you when you read this unique book that will help you communicate more deeply, directly and enjoyably with others -- and with yourself. Life is often tragic and very real, and this book proves that it is also enormously funny. I would buy this book as a gift for everyone you know! There won't be anyone who won't thank you a thousand times over for it!
on November 29, 2009
There are countless number of books, movies, and internet sites for jokes and that is not what this book is about. The hard earned wisdom distilled into this book is far more important and useful than that! The author, Annette Goodheart, is a pioneer in discovering how important laughter is to our mental and physical health and how it can help us through life's many down turns. Most importantly, it provides guidance on HOW TO LAUGH WITHOUT ASSISTANCE FROM ANYONE OR ANYTHING ELSE - even when we are at our lowest physical or mental state. It also teaches us the different types of humor - that which connects and that which separates people.

We all need to understand that laughter has the power to heal virtually anything, but also the power to hurt immensely. The author describes how laughter can be misunderstood and heavily discouraged at times due to social norms and prejudices. Through her personal experiences and those of her clients we learn to put the power of laughter into our own hands and use it daily to maintain and improve our health and happiness. The most important thing to learn from this book is: Do not wait to be happy in order to laugh - rather laugh now, even in your worst mood, and the laughter will lift you towards happiness - perhaps not all at once, but it will have a noticeable positive effect! It is a life skill we can learn and this book shows us how.
on January 10, 2016
A good solid book by Annette Goodheart. I have a recording of one of her presentations (Sex Tee Hee) and have played it so many times that I feel like I knew her. Every therapist should read and own this book.
on September 11, 2013
I had the distinct honor and pleasure of hearing Dr. Goodheart at a workshop in Monterey, being the only pharmacist in a room of psychotherapists. Her training, techniques and approach to living with pain and disease was simple and yet revolutionary and I have given or recommended her book to countless folks by now. Personally, I am blessed with a good sense of humor and a polluted gene pool and have had Crohn's disease for 30 years. I never made the connection of how the gift of laughter could be the blessing of healing but it is very real and true and her books can help you get started on the road to feeling better and perhaps even recovery. And these are simple, non-invasive techniques you can practice anywhere!

Warning: You can become addicted to laughter and feeling better after consuming this product! You have nothing to lose but a few bucks and a lot of pain...Go for it!

Feel better,
John A. Byrne, MS, Pharm.D
on December 20, 2012
When I laughed at my brothers funeral, I couldn't understand why I was laughing at such a sad occasion.

The best answer I got from Annette Goodhearts book: We laugh to release tension, stress and pain!
The first part of the book goes through the various themes of laughter functionality and the second part gives practical suggestions of bringing more laughter into our lives.

Annette Goodheart is a master of explaining and teaching about laughter in a fun, no nonsense, loving way.
Unfortunately, she is no longer with us, but she left us with this outstanding book of her life work and passion.
on November 20, 2012
AHHA HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH.
read the book! see the youtube video!
a decisive victory for nonsense as good medicine and such heavy subjects as 'lightening up'. that laughter is great therapy is proof of the existence of some Pow'r that seems to care for mankind.

hhahahaahahahahahahahahohohohohooo o ho ho ho hoh oho nngghhhhhh....
on December 14, 2014
Just what my Mother asked for
on July 7, 2014
Excellent condition
on April 17, 2015
although I do find laughter therapy does help, didn't think much of this book
on March 1, 2005
Save your money and for sure don't buy this book! The only funny thing stated in this book was from Groucho Marx. He said, "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it." In respect for Groucho, I would have this to say to him, I read the book and there was nothing funny or laughable except for your quote.