5.0 out of 5 stars Definately the best full coverage foundation on the market
All I have to say is WOW. I do not have bad skin, but from years of sunbathing, I have have a LOT of hyperpigmentation (dark spots). I have tried literally every foundation out there from MAC Studio FX, Stila, Bare Escentuals, Amazing Cosmetics, Lancome, Clinique...plus every drugstore brand (yes every single one!!).

I am a makeup fanatic, I love makeup, and...
Published on June 26, 2007 by Mei

3.0 out of 5 stars Must have been a bad tube!
I have always loved Laura Mercier products. I have extremely oily skin. So, I am always looking for oil free foundations that will cover. I saw this was a new product and couldn't wait to try it. When my Amazon order arrived, I opened the tube and squeezed it, I noticed all that came out was a clear liquid. Eventually, some makeup did come out. Anyway, the watery...
Published on June 21, 2006 by N.G.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately the best full coverage foundation on the market, June 26, 2007
This review is from: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (Misc.)

I am a makeup fanatic, I love makeup, and many people state I should be a makeup artist-the one downfall has always been the inability to fully cover the dark spots up. There are so many that there is NO way I would have time in the morning to go through and get all of them with concealer. After the first 5 or so I get bored of "concealing" and start slapping on the foundation.

I have oily skin, and prefer lighter feeling foundations. This foundation went on very smoothly-I forgot to use a primer, but apparently this made no difference. So this foundation went on smoothly, and blended very very well. It does let your own skin somewhat "shine" through-I have a mole on my face which shows after the foundation was put on, however the mole didnt look as if it was covered in makeup. It gives you a luminous look, without giving you the appearance of enlarged pores (Which I do have). So once on-you have a wonderful healthy glow.

I put the foundation on at 5 am, and it is now 5 pm. It has stayed put ALL day, all I used was the last of my Bare Escentuals mineral veil to set it in the morning. Because of my super oily skin, usually by the end of the day my makeup has changed colours (turned darker from the oil), and has stopped providing full coverage.

I am absolutely impressed, I adore this foundation, and it makes my skin look absolutely flawless!!

Oh yes one last thing-I am asian, and this foundation actually has enough yellow in it to match my skin tone. I do not look orangey or pink (FOR ONCE).

If you want a full-coverage foundation-look no further this is the one!

5.0 out of 5 stars This product is worth the price, January 24, 2006
This review is from: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (Misc.)
I tried this product for the first time 3 days ago and am impressed with it. The coverage is flawless, luminous, and very natural-looking. Only a small amount of the product is necessary for great coverage. This product does not give a "caked on" appearance, and it performed well in humid weather.

5.0 out of 5 stars SMOOTH AS SILK AND JUST AS NICE !, July 21, 2006
This review is from: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (Misc.)
Laura Mercier's Silk Creme foundation is so appropriately named. While offering full coverage the cream glides on with the lightness of air, very much like slipping into something shimmery and soft. For me, the application is so much smoother than a liquid.

With this cream skin seems to have an added luminosity, a glow that other foundations don't provide, and skin feels hydrated rather than covered over. You know the kind of "covered over" feeling I mean - those foundations that you can't wait to wash off so that your skin feels fresh again.

The texture of this product makes it easy to blend so that you can add coverage to certain areas if necessary. While many recommend applying with fingers, I've had the best of luck using a sponge. The narrow end of the sponge is especially useful around the eyes.

I like to wear it over Mercier's Foundation Primer (an indispensable), and then especially if it's going to be one of those morning thru evening days I set it with Translucent Loose Setting Powder. No need for touch-ups!

Thank you, Laura!

- Gail Cooke

5.0 out of 5 stars Great foundation, February 24, 2006
This review is from: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (Misc.)
I've looked high and low for a foundation that would provide great coverage without looking caked on. This is an excellent foundation, very creamy, easy to apply and natural looking on the face. A little goes a long way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Finish~Great Foundation~Make Sure You Shake the Tube First, September 26, 2007
Green Roses "Crown Antiques" (Right on the Beach, California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (Misc.)
I love this foundation. It has a perfect coverage, not too heavy and the color is extremely natural. It is worth the money. One reviewer said her tube was watery, it reads right on the tube 'Shake Well' which of course you must do and then you get a perfect blend with no watery substance....

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for mature skins, January 28, 2009
Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation
This foundation is also excellent for the "more mature" woman. Use it over the Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer for easy application. I do not use a sponge to apply it because it wastes the product. Instead I use my fingers. A very small amount gives a lot of coverage. You can dab on a little more on areas that are hyperpigmented from sun exposure to completely hide them. I am nearing my 70th birthday mark and haven't had any "work" done on my face so I see lines emerging and getting deeper. I had used Alexandra DeMarkoff's Countess Isserlyn prior to Laura Mercier for many years but started to find it too oily and so switched. Be careful about sellers charging over 57 dollars for this foundation. It retails for 42 dollars at Bloomingdales.

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't need expensive Armani or Dior Foundation!, September 29, 2007
This review is from: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (Misc.)
I went to Bloomingdales yesterday with a friend, and tried Armani foundation, and the other day I tried Dior foundation at Nordstrom. Both are good products, but despite "Laura Mercier" not being a "designer" brand-name product, it is to me, the BEST foundation. It's 10-15 less than the other brands, but does the job.

Armani irritated my skin (I have eczema, and am very picky about what I choose to put on my face), and it's good that I didn't buy it because 15 minutes after shopping in bloomies, and I start to itch my cheeks a little.

Dior is just like L.M.'s silk creme foundation, but just cheaper.

Apply this ultra light formula with a sponge, cover your entire face (if you don't need it on your forehead, don't bother). It doesn't feel cakey, and provides the quench that people with dry skin (like me) need - OR - that "dewey" look that people with oily skin want. I have a lot of pink undertones from broken capillaries and freckles (I'm Asian) and this product neutralizes and hides those blemishes to create a flawless, soft, natural, and overall perfect complexion.

FYI: This formula provides the most coverage of all of Laura Mercier's liquid face products. On weekends, you can try L.M.'s Tinted moisturizer - it's also very light, and moisturizing, and provides a natural luminescence over your favorite SPF moisturizer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for acne/scars/blotchy skin, February 8, 2013
I've been looking for some good makeup to help cover up my moderate pitted acne scars on my cheeks and lower jaw. I also get the occasional zit that leaves red marks. I'm on day one of using this stuff and so far I'm really impressed. It doesn't cover everything up completely (I was hoping it was magic!) but I guess I can't expect miracles. My skin looks really, really, good.

The only thing I'd say is make sure you skin is well moisturized before applying. I had some dry patches from using benz. peroxide on acne and it became a little flaky/cakey. Used the fairest shade (even though I have pink undertones) and love that it's not too orange for my skin tone.

Definitely worth the money--a little goes a very long way and spreads out evenly. I don't know what I was thinking buying bad drugstore stuff for so long when I have the kind of scars/skin tone I do. Invest in something good!

5.0 out of 5 stars i loved it......, March 2, 2007
This review is from: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (Misc.)
By far it is the best foundation on the market. I have tried others and they are cakey. Today I tried this one by Noubo, it was expensive but made me look like a clown. I am sticking with Laura Mercier foundation,

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Coverage Foundation, May 29, 2009
I absolutely love this foundation. I have acne and this is the only foundation I have found to completely cover up my acne scars and brown spots. I don't even need to use a concealer because I just dab a little extra foundation on spots and it covers it up perfectly. Must try this foundation a little goes a long way.

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation