Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on DOTD

on July 14, 2006
I absolutely love this book! I got this book and two other books from a friend of mine for my 11th birthday last month. So far I've only read three of Sisters in Time books and this is my least favorite of the three, but I still really,really like this book. I would definitely recommend that you buy this book! I promise you will love it!
on February 6, 2009
Laura is a 10 year old girl who lives in the time of the World war II. She is suspicious of a Japanese-American girl that is staying with another Japanese-American family. Soon she learns to trust the girl who is named Miyoko. She admires how the girl faces challenges with quiet strength. Her best friend Yvonne believes that Laura is a traitor because before Miyoko arrived, Yvonne's brother was killed in the war with the Japanese and Laura detested the Japanese people just like her. Laura tells Yvonne that Miyoko and her father were born in America and she is a American citizen just like them. Laura admits that at first it was hard to look past Miyoko's yellow skin and slanted eyes but it doesn't matter how they look. Yvonne thinks it over and decides that Laura is right.

Laura fears for her brother, Bruce who is a soldier and tries to use her authority as class president to bring him home safe and sound. Laura deals with problems she fears are impossible to solve, but with her mother's gentle guidance and a hotel resident named Maude's advice, she finally understands that she has played an important role in bringing Bruce home.
on November 16, 2015
I thought this was a well written book which should be a good read for girls who like to read and show an interest in history.
on September 24, 2015
Some parts were boring and I stopped reading for a awhile but as soon as that part was over it was awsome!!!!!!!!!!