Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 11, 2010
I was skeptical at first when I bought this book but now that I've started reading it, I'm glad I bought it. I love Lauren Conrad from The Hills and I love her style. This book is all about clothing basics, make up basics, and accessories basics with lots of helpful hints (like "How to pack for a weekend getaway," "What to wear on a date or to an interview," and "How to sew a quick hem"). I am the same age as Lauren, working on building my adult wardrobe, and I want to do it stylishly. My only complaint is that the bulk of the recommended clothing examples (about 95%, I'd say) are all designer brands that I will probably never be able to afford. I wish she would have put in where to find cheaper - but quality - versions of the designer brands.
on April 5, 2012
Unlike some of the other reviews, I actually read this book. I don't write reviews based on whether or not I like the author. I read all 3 of the LA Candy books. They were a fun quick read. I'm not going to compare her books to other books I've read because I like to read different books depending on my mood. The Fame Game is simular to the LA Candy books. It was a quick read and I enjoyed the story. If I liked the book, I give it 5 stars. I'm not going to over analyze her writing skills like some other reviews. I'm not going to act like some sophisticated reader who has something to prove by criticizing every little issue wrong with her writing. It's not that type of book. So, if you want to read a fun, quick story then it's a good book.
on December 30, 2010
Even though I got this book for my 16 yr. old daughter, I read it cover to cover and enjoyed it. Not sure there is tons of "new" information, but if you love Lauren's style, this book will help you pull it off. Great makeup tips, and she shows how to mix expensive pieces with less expensive pieces of clothing for a unique look. She dresses tastefully and beautifully, always age appropriate...I would love for my daughter to give her wardrobe and "look" such thought.

The photography is beautiful and top-notch. You really see the clothes and styles up close without a lot of other stuff to take away from what she's trying to convey. Great book...worth the price for sure!
on November 25, 2011
Please don't buy this book expecting something deep...it's title describes it perfectly- it's about style and how to aquire your own personal style. It was a fun and light read. Lauren has a real grasp on her personal style and was able to share how to personalize your closet quite well. I enjoyed this book and recommend it for those who enjoy this type of subject!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 31, 2016
I've been a fan of Lauren Conrad ever since her Laguna Beach and The Hills days and have always loved her chic style. I considered purchasing this book years ago when it first came out but didn't because I had my own style and was fine with it. Now, oddly enough, I'm in my mid-thirties and a mother of twin toddlers and I realize I am not part of the target audience for this book. However, lately I've become more interested in learning more makeup and style tips because it's fun!

Lauren Conrad Style is a well-written style guide that contains many aspects dealing with fashion. This book is divided into three parts: Fashion, Beauty, and Lifestyle. Within each part are chapters devoted to different categories within those topics, such as "Building Your Wardrobe" and "Accessories" in Fashion, "Makeup" and "Hair" in Beauty, and "Work and School" and "Events and Parties" in Lifestyle. There is information in this book that tells you how to use the same clothes and make it into various outfits using different accessories, dressing for your body type, and how to do your hair and makeup. Personally, I enjoyed the sections on makeup and hair the most since I am looking for fun tips so I can have fun doing my hair and makeup (when I actually have the energy for this since my twins keep me pretty busy). There are a lot of expensive labels and stores mentioned, which may not be possible for some readers to buy and shop at, but it's nice to see pictures of Lauren Conrad in her stylish clothes so you can go to a store of your choosing and find something similar.

Overall, I like this book and have learned several things from it. One thing to note is that Lauren Conrad also has a book called Lauren Conrad Beauty, which I have as well. Beauty contains much more specific information on hair and makeup whereas Style gives more of an overview so if you are more interested in the hair and/or makeup aspects, I would purchase Beauty. I would say this book is geared more towards teenage girls and women in their twenties but there is nothing wrong with women older than this buying this book! If anything, I can learn some tips from it to pass on to my daughter when she reaches the teenage years and she can read this as well. The price point is certainly well-worth it and there is a lot of information within the 230 pages of this book so I'd definitely recommend this book to fans of Lauren Conrad or anyone who wants more tips on fashion!
on April 4, 2016
I wanted to like these books because they were written, or so they say, by Lauren Conrad. Books are essentially about bratty girls who want to be famous. I would not buy these again, instead will donate them.
on December 11, 2013
I bought this book since i just love Lauren Conrad. Some of the tips ARE known and can easily be found on youtube like a few of the makeup and hair styles. However, the fashion section she gives good tips on praganizing your closet how to wear 1 outfit multiple times with just a few changes. For example a black dress can be dress down during the day with sandels and a denim jacket. As for the night, no jacket and heels and things like that. So with her tips she gives pretty good ideas on how to wear things and it will give you ideas. The list for essentials that every girl should have is also useful she also references to herself and what she would do which is nice. Obviously, if your a big beauty person and you know almost everything about beauty this is not the book for you but this book helps you on how to wear things you already have just in different ways i found it very useful although i am 20 years and not a "beginner beauty" person. Also many fashion celebrities will tell u the same thing on how to wear an outfit different ways but they dont exactly have a book to reference too most have a website, a book it more handy and lauren conrad knows how to dress her typical laguna beach style is just like mine keep it simple but chic.
VINE VOICEon December 28, 2014
Mostly pictures. I wasn't easily drawn in. I wouldn't go back out and buy it again. But I wouldn't throw it away.
I guess I feel neutral.

Perhaps its just not my generation. I'm a senior citizen.
on July 15, 2012
"My seven-year-old self would throw on some jewels, heels, fluorescent bike shorts (to, you know, make the outfit more 'daytime'), and heart-shaped sunglasses and march into those meetings looking fabulous. But that doesn't exactly fly when you want to be taken seriously (Conrad)".

Don't we all wish we could dress like that, like we did when we were kids and no one cared that we wore sneakers with our Sunday dress or that our our t-shirt didn't match our shorts. Sadly, growing up and learning that we have to iron our shirts makes us realize that the older we get the more important our fashion sense becomes. It's important be presentable and Lauren Conrad's book Lauren Conrad STYLE does just that with tips and advice on how to look put together and fashionable no matter what body type you have.

Technically I would put this post on my original blog, Bee's In a Broom Cupboard, because that's where I keep the majority of my movie/book/game/etc. reviews. Yet, since this book has to do with style and beauty I felt that it made better since to put it on this blog and maybe later I'll attach it to my other blog as well. Those of you that aren't familiar with the famous Lauren Conrad are really missing out. Lauren Conrad is a famous fashion designer who made her first appearance on MTV reality series Laguna Beach and The Hills (from 2004-2009). Through these series we got a taste of Conrad's everyday life and personality as she grew for an ordinary high school California girl to a popular fashion designer who interned for Teen Vogue. Now, along with her awesome fashion lines (The Lauren Conrad (2008), LC (2009), and Paper Crown (2011)), Conrad is also an author of L.A. Candy (2009), Sweet Little Lies (2010), Sugar and Spice (2010), The Fame Game (2012), Starstruck (released Nov. 2012), Lauren Conrad BEAUTY (released Oct. 2012), and Lauren Conrad STYLE (released Apr. 2012).

I bought Lauren Conrad STYLE "used" from amazon.com for about $8, along with a bunch of my textbooks, because I wanted to at least have one book to look forward too and having seen her book posted on her website, [...], I thought maybe this would be a nice book to get some good tips from. After all she's one of the most stylish girls of our generation and always appears classy and put together with the latest fashion. I'd trust Lauren Conrad's style tips over many other beauty tip books because she's successful in this area of expertise and considering how famous she is only adds to the fact that she knows what she's doing.

Lauren Conrad STYLE is divided into three sections with eleven chapters. Section Fashion goes over; 1) Building your Wardrobe, 2) The All-American Uniform: Jeans and T-shirts, 2)The Hunt: How to Shop, 4) Mastering Your Closet, 5) Accessories, and 6) Getting Dressed; The Fun Part. Section Beauty covers; 7) Makeup, and 8) Hair. Section Lifestyle discusses; 9) Work and School, 10) Travel, and 11) Events and Parties. Now I don't think it's necessary that I go and anaylize each chapter so I'll discuss the ones I found most helpful and beneficial. I really liked the layout of this book and how each chapter was organized in a category. This made it easy to maneuver around the book so instead of reading from front to back I could skip around to the chapters that interested me most and then read the others later.

My favorite chapter in this book was her chapter over Travel. I find packing for vacations and trips to be really stressful because I hate having to plan out my outfits in advance and figure out how to cram a bunch of put together outfits into my carry-on. Not only does Conrad give advice on how to pack and where to place items to give more space, she also gives examples of the best things to pack for a specific trip. She gives a check list of the things you could/should back for a trip to the beach, a week long vacation with hot weather and with cold weather, and a three day work trip. I found this step by step check list really informative and plan on using it in the future when I go on my next vacation. No more stressing over the appropriate outfit!

My second favorite chapter was her chapter over Makeup. I LOVE makeup and am always interested in finding different looks to try. Not only does Conrad give a step by step for how to pick the correct foundation and apply it correctly but she also gives tips on how to use liquid eyeliner. There are also a few looks, ex. Smokey Eye look and a Daytime/Night time look, that she explains step by step on how to achieve this look. Her chapter Hair is very similar to the Makeup chapter in that it gives great tips on how to get wavy hair as well as some step by step's on how to master the Sleek Ponytail and tips on how to master dying your hair.

The only thing I was disappointed about was her chapter Work and School. I found what she had to say really informative and helpful in the chapter, especially when she says "dress for the job you want, not the job you have." I thought that was such great advice that when I realized that this chapter was the shortest chapter (maybe 10 pages) I was disappointed. This is the area of my personal fashion that I struggle with the most. I want to dress classy for my job just my job has some physical work to it too so I was hoping she would have more advice on how to dress for different occasions as well as maybe some different styles for different job types. I felt that she was so brief with this chapter, which even though what she did say was helpful, I just found myself desperate for more advice.

All in all, I thought this was a great informative book and would recommend it to any of my girlfriend out there. There are some great tips and fashion ideas for just about any style; professional or beginner. I'm definitely looking forward to reading her next book Lauren Conrad BEAUTY and might possibly check out some of her earlier books as well.
on January 24, 2014
This book has some great beauty and health tips. There are many high glossy photos, but maybe too many as it takes up too much space that could be used for more style tips, etc. Some of the tips are already well-known (my opinion), but plenty are new or I should say new to me. I really like her sense of style and I genuinely like her as a person. She is not fake and comes across as a down to earth kind of gal.