5.0 out of 5 stars Lauren Conrad Style
Published on October 11, 2010 by Heather

3.0 out of 5 stars "The Hills" Have Eyes for Style
Familiarity with her clothing line at Kohl's, but unfamiliarity with the reality show "The Hills" prompted the reading of this book. She definitely has an excellent eye for style based on her clothing designs.

Published on August 13, 2012 by Aisha Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Lauren Conrad Style, October 11, 2010
This review is from: Lauren Conrad Style (Hardcover)
I was skeptical at first when I bought this book but now that I've started reading it, I'm glad I bought it. I love Lauren Conrad from The Hills and I love her style. This book is all about clothing basics, make up basics, and accessories basics with lots of helpful hints (like "How to pack for a weekend getaway," "What to wear on a date or to an interview," and "How to sew a quick hem"). I am the same age as Lauren, working on building my adult wardrobe, and I want to do it stylishly. My only complaint is that the bulk of the recommended clothing examples (about 95%, I'd say) are all designer brands that I will probably never be able to afford. I wish she would have put in where to find cheaper - but quality - versions of the designer brands.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, Fun Read, December 30, 2010
This review is from: Lauren Conrad Style (Hardcover)
Even though I got this book for my 16 yr. old daughter, I read it cover to cover and enjoyed it. Not sure there is tons of "new" information, but if you love Lauren's style, this book will help you pull it off. Great makeup tips, and she shows how to mix expensive pieces with less expensive pieces of clothing for a unique look. She dresses tastefully and beautifully, always age appropriate...I would love for my daughter to give her wardrobe and "look" such thought.

The photography is beautiful and top-notch. You really see the clothes and styles up close without a lot of other stuff to take away from what she's trying to convey. Great book...worth the price for sure!

4.0 out of 5 stars Anyone can read this and i personally love it. Great advice etc., December 11, 2013
This review is from: Lauren Conrad Style (Paperback)
I bought this book since i just love Lauren Conrad. Some of the tips ARE known and can easily be found on youtube like a few of the makeup and hair styles. However, the fashion section she gives good tips on praganizing your closet how to wear 1 outfit multiple times with just a few changes. For example a black dress can be dress down during the day with sandels and a denim jacket. As for the night, no jacket and heels and things like that. So with her tips she gives pretty good ideas on how to wear things and it will give you ideas. The list for essentials that every girl should have is also useful she also references to herself and what she would do which is nice. Obviously, if your a big beauty person and you know almost everything about beauty this is not the book for you but this book helps you on how to wear things you already have just in different ways i found it very useful although i am 20 years and not a "beginner beauty" person. Also many fashion celebrities will tell u the same thing on how to wear an outfit different ways but they dont exactly have a book to reference too most have a website, a book it more handy and lauren conrad knows how to dress her typical laguna beach style is just like mine keep it simple but chic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than I expected, December 5, 2010
This review is from: Lauren Conrad Style (Hardcover)
I got this book for a birthday present for someone who has loved Lauren Conrad from the beginning. I have never really been a fan but after reading this book I have a totally different opinion of her. This is a great book about the title, Style. If you are looking for trendy up to the moment everything, this isn't the book for you. This is a book that helps you form and define your own personal style. You learn how to really dressy yourself so that you are always looking you best. I would recommend this product to everyone people with style and those who are looking to get it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable.., November 25, 2011
This review is from: Lauren Conrad Style (Hardcover)
Please don't buy this book expecting something deep...it's title describes it perfectly- it's about style and how to aquire your own personal style. It was a fun and light read. Lauren has a real grasp on her personal style and was able to share how to personalize your closet quite well. I enjoyed this book and recommend it for those who enjoy this type of subject!

4.0 out of 5 stars Book Review: Lauren Conrad STYLE, July 15, 2012
This review is from: Lauren Conrad Style (Paperback)
"My seven-year-old self would throw on some jewels, heels, fluorescent bike shorts (to, you know, make the outfit more 'daytime'), and heart-shaped sunglasses and march into those meetings looking fabulous. But that doesn't exactly fly when you want to be taken seriously (Conrad)".

Don't we all wish we could dress like that, like we did when we were kids and no one cared that we wore sneakers with our Sunday dress or that our our t-shirt didn't match our shorts. Sadly, growing up and learning that we have to iron our shirts makes us realize that the older we get the more important our fashion sense becomes. It's important be presentable and Lauren Conrad's book Lauren Conrad STYLE does just that with tips and advice on how to look put together and fashionable no matter what body type you have.

Technically I would put this post on my original blog, Bee's In a Broom Cupboard, because that's where I keep the majority of my movie/book/game/etc. reviews. Yet, since this book has to do with style and beauty I felt that it made better since to put it on this blog and maybe later I'll attach it to my other blog as well. Those of you that aren't familiar with the famous Lauren Conrad are really missing out. Lauren Conrad is a famous fashion designer who made her first appearance on MTV reality series Laguna Beach and The Hills (from 2004-2009). Through these series we got a taste of Conrad's everyday life and personality as she grew for an ordinary high school California girl to a popular fashion designer who interned for Teen Vogue. Now, along with her awesome fashion lines (The Lauren Conrad (2008), LC (2009), and Paper Crown (2011)), Conrad is also an author of L.A. Candy (2009), Sweet Little Lies (2010), Sugar and Spice (2010), The Fame Game (2012), Starstruck (released Nov. 2012), Lauren Conrad BEAUTY (released Oct. 2012), and Lauren Conrad STYLE (released Apr. 2012).

I bought Lauren Conrad STYLE "used" from amazon.com for about $8, along with a bunch of my textbooks, because I wanted to at least have one book to look forward too and having seen her book posted on her website, [...], I thought maybe this would be a nice book to get some good tips from. After all she's one of the most stylish girls of our generation and always appears classy and put together with the latest fashion. I'd trust Lauren Conrad's style tips over many other beauty tip books because she's successful in this area of expertise and considering how famous she is only adds to the fact that she knows what she's doing.

Lauren Conrad STYLE is divided into three sections with eleven chapters. Section Fashion goes over; 1) Building your Wardrobe, 2) The All-American Uniform: Jeans and T-shirts, 2)The Hunt: How to Shop, 4) Mastering Your Closet, 5) Accessories, and 6) Getting Dressed; The Fun Part. Section Beauty covers; 7) Makeup, and 8) Hair. Section Lifestyle discusses; 9) Work and School, 10) Travel, and 11) Events and Parties. Now I don't think it's necessary that I go and anaylize each chapter so I'll discuss the ones I found most helpful and beneficial. I really liked the layout of this book and how each chapter was organized in a category. This made it easy to maneuver around the book so instead of reading from front to back I could skip around to the chapters that interested me most and then read the others later.

My favorite chapter in this book was her chapter over Travel. I find packing for vacations and trips to be really stressful because I hate having to plan out my outfits in advance and figure out how to cram a bunch of put together outfits into my carry-on. Not only does Conrad give advice on how to pack and where to place items to give more space, she also gives examples of the best things to pack for a specific trip. She gives a check list of the things you could/should back for a trip to the beach, a week long vacation with hot weather and with cold weather, and a three day work trip. I found this step by step check list really informative and plan on using it in the future when I go on my next vacation. No more stressing over the appropriate outfit!

My second favorite chapter was her chapter over Makeup. I LOVE makeup and am always interested in finding different looks to try. Not only does Conrad give a step by step for how to pick the correct foundation and apply it correctly but she also gives tips on how to use liquid eyeliner. There are also a few looks, ex. Smokey Eye look and a Daytime/Night time look, that she explains step by step on how to achieve this look. Her chapter Hair is very similar to the Makeup chapter in that it gives great tips on how to get wavy hair as well as some step by step's on how to master the Sleek Ponytail and tips on how to master dying your hair.

The only thing I was disappointed about was her chapter Work and School. I found what she had to say really informative and helpful in the chapter, especially when she says "dress for the job you want, not the job you have." I thought that was such great advice that when I realized that this chapter was the shortest chapter (maybe 10 pages) I was disappointed. This is the area of my personal fashion that I struggle with the most. I want to dress classy for my job just my job has some physical work to it too so I was hoping she would have more advice on how to dress for different occasions as well as maybe some different styles for different job types. I felt that she was so brief with this chapter, which even though what she did say was helpful, I just found myself desperate for more advice.

All in all, I thought this was a great informative book and would recommend it to any of my girlfriend out there. There are some great tips and fashion ideas for just about any style; professional or beginner. I'm definitely looking forward to reading her next book Lauren Conrad BEAUTY and might possibly check out some of her earlier books as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars "The Hills" Have Eyes for Style, August 13, 2012
This review is from: Lauren Conrad Style (Paperback)

The book is an easy read with many pictures of Lauren Conrad (I wonder how long the shoot for the book lasted, there are at least 30 different photos of her taken just for the book and she looks great in all of them). The book covered a wide range of topics - everything from closet taming to travel to makeup. The book did not contain revolutionary ideas and did not produce any earth shattering aha moments (you might have to sit down for this news - jeans and a t-shirt actually go together. Should we alert the press?)

The most informative section of the book was the clothing maintenance as all the advice was very down to earth, provided great resources, and could really help your clothing budget in the long run. She gave excellent resources and brand names for maintaining the wash of your jeans and great ideas to grunge up your jeans.

The beauty section was a little hard to follow as I am a visual person and find it easier to follow along with pictures rather than a bulleted list of directions. Additionally, some of the cosmetic and hair advice did not seem to consider that people of other ethnicities might be reading the book so it contained some rules and advice that may not apply to those demographics.

Overall, I think she did an excellent job of directing this writing effort towards her market and delivering the most important information to them. It hits on all the 3 C's...Californian, Cute, and very much Conrad!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice for a Fashion Newbie, December 20, 2010
This review is from: Lauren Conrad Style (Hardcover)
If you've been around the style block, this book may be a bit repetitive. However, for someone in their late teens and early twenties, this book has a great amount of helpful information. It's packaged in a gorgeous glossy book. The clothes stand out on the white pages, and I especially loved the chapter on jeans. As a petite like Lauren, all of her information on tailoring was extremely helpful. She gives great advice for pulling off the classy feminine style she is famous for.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great style book!, December 11, 2010
This review is from: Lauren Conrad Style (Hardcover)
I happened to go into Barnes and Noble to read this book, and was actually a little put off by the fact that it was in the teen section. I'm 28 years old so I was hesitant about looking through it but decided to anyway. I was shocked to find out how FABULOUS this book is!! Even someone well in their 30s can learn something from this book. As soon as I finished reading it, I headed over to the mall and was so much more clear headed on what to buy/not to buy. I highly recommend this book for anyone who needs a little help in finding some stylish clothes and what would work best with them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good guide for building a wardrobe, July 3, 2013
This review is from: Lauren Conrad Style (Hardcover)
If you've read one you've sort of read them all . . . but it's nice to have a hard copy "go to" book when trying to build a quality and versatile wardrobe. Nothing revolutionary, but cute and always love LC!

Lauren Conrad Style
Lauren Conrad Style by Lauren Conrad (Paperback - April 3, 2012)
$12.99 $10.32