Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 16, 2013
Being new to working with essential oils, I initially chose Eden's Garden based on reviews and price point, and I haven't been disappointed until purchasing this lavender oil. My impression on opening the bottle was that it didn't smell quite right: certainly not like the lavender in Gramma's garden that scented my childhood days. Since it is the oil of lavender, and not the plant itself, I figured that explained the disconnect, and since I had bought it for the oil's disinfectant and healing properties, the scent wasn't paramount, and I used the oil.
When it was time to reorder, I noticed E.G. offered an organic lavender oil, and sent away for that. Night and day difference! With more knowledge about oils under my belt, I checked the Latin genus name on both bottles and found that different cultivars are used for the organic and non-organic versions of the oil. The non-organic oil is from the Lavandula angustifolia plant, the organic oil uses Lavandula officinalis. The organic version has the incredible scent I remember so well, as well as the healing properties Lavender oil is famous for. The non-organic version, despite its less lovely scent, still works well as a healing agent: after spilling scalding water on my hand I applied the oil, and within a few hours there was no sign of redness, blistering or pain whatsoever. A magical oil no matter which cultivar is used, but since the organic version has both that exquisite scent and healing properties, it is worth the extra cost. I have noticed that E.G. tends to use different cultivars in their organic/ non-organic oils pretty much across the board, whereas other companies offer organic and non of the same genus. Whether that's a good or bad thing, I don't know, but it's something to be aware of as you choose: the organic version may not be the genus which is most effective or suited to your needs. For example, their non-organic version/cultivar of Eucalyptus is my go-to formula when using this brand. An internet search offers some information about the different cultivars, their chemotype, and which genus is most useful for your needs, and it always pays to check the Latin nomenclature to make sure you are getting the oil you want.
1414 comments|294 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2011
This is exactly what I've been searching for; a true lavender essence. It is a terrific product with many uses - put a drop in your laundry when washing your sheets & sleep like a baby, put a drop or two in rooms you enter most and you will love the welcoming, calming scent. It will be on my list forever.
VINE VOICEon July 26, 2010
I love the aroma of lavender and the health properties associated with it. This particular product is excellent for promoting hair growth; for preventing scars and for aromatherapeutic uses. It has a gentle aroma and feels quite pleasant on the skin. It can also be used on bites to reduce itching. You can also place a drop of this oil on a towel in your bathroom so as to have a pleasant aroma.
11 comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2010
I love this lavender oil, I use it in my home rather than other 'home fragrance' sprays. Works well to diffuse the odors from a stinky diaper pail! And I don't have to worry about my son breathing in chemicals that might be harmful to him. Plus, lavender is supposed to be calming, so the bedroom seems like the perfect place to use this scent.
on April 27, 2012
I am a certified aromatherapist and an herbalist. I am always looking for quality grade essential oils for my everyday use. Recently I ran across the Eden's Garden oils on Amazon Marketplace. I ordered a few basic oils to start with and now I am ready to place another order. I would highly recommend this brand for daily use or in a blend. Eden's Garden has several really nice blends to choose from as well as all of the basic essential oils for everyday use. The shipping was fast and the service was great. Highly recommended!
33 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2010
I use it on my pillow at night. It seems to calm me down and I fall asleep much faster.
on October 29, 2012
While the scent of this oil is good, it is so weak! I literally poured some of it on the inside of one of my arms. I was busy working on the computer, etc. for about an hour and forgot which arm I poured the lavender oil on. Much to my disappointment, I smelled the inside of both arms and couldn't tell because I didn't smell a thing on either arm! I've used lavender oil for years and needless to say I WON'T be ordering from this merchant again.

I've tried several brands of lavender oil and chamommile oil here on amazon and have been sorely disappointed. I'm going back to anandaapothecary dot com which I've used for years...the extra $6.95 shipping is soooo worth it for the quality!
on June 30, 2010
Smells absolutely wonderful. It's great to use on laundry especially if you use unscented detergents. You could also add some of this to a bottle of coconut and Jojoba oil! Great stuff! I wish I got a bigger size.
on March 16, 2016
Now, I;m not blaming EG for this problem..the actual product is fine! But, I bought the wrong Lavender essential oil:( This particular lavender eo smells like dried lavender that has been in a dark,cool barn for month's. There's nothing wrong with that,if that's the aroma you're looking for. For me, I much rather prefer French Lavender. That's the one that put's you to sleep,and the aroma of the french lav. is fabulous!!! I've added a great picture below of the different lavenders EG offers. Hope my review helps in your decision making:)
review image
on January 8, 2014
Let me start out by saying I have ordered a lot of oils from Eden's Garden. I have been super pleased with all except this lavender oil. I can hardly say it even resembles any lavender that I have ever had the pleasure of smelling. Not my fave at all and I LOVE this fragrance. Sorry, gets two big thumbs down from me.