Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on March 16, 2008
After a TWO YEAR delay between the first season and second season DVD releases, it's nice to see Paramount finally placing "Laverne and Shirley" on the DVD fast track! I hope that the rest of the seasons are also released as quickly as the second, third and fourth! Still, it's a shame regarding the music changes and lack of extras!

Here's a short episode guide for those looking for a favorite;

[1] Festival (part one) - 9/5/78
Squiggy treated like a son by Laverne's Grandmother?
[2] Festival (part two) - 9/12/78
Frank tries to win a trip to Italy for his mom!
[3] Playing the Roxy - 9/19/78
Shirley, the stripper?
[4] The Robbery - 9/26/78
Laverne's boyfriend robs a grocery store!
[5] The Quiz Show - 10/10/78
Laverne, Shirley, Lenny, and Squiggy on a game show!
[6] Laverne and Shirley Go to Night School - 10/17/78
Yep, the girls go to Night School!
[7] Date with Eraserhead - 10/24/78
Shirley has a date with "Eraserhead"
[8] The Bully Show - 10/31/78
Laverne goes on a date with Lenny and Squiggy's boss.
[9] A Visit to the Cemetery - 11/14/78
Laverne visits her mothers grave.
[10] Chorus Line - 11/21/78
Laverne might get a job in West Side Story!
[11] Laverne and Shirley Move In - 11/28/78
How the girls first decided to live together!
[12] Dinner for Four - 12/5/78
Laverne and Shirley.... maids?
[13] It's a Dog's Life - 12/12/78
Shirley protects a homeless dog at the pound!
[14] Oh, Come All Ye Bums - 12/19/78
Laverne's father cancels his annual charity event!
[15] Who's Papa? - 1/16/79
Is Shirley adopted?
[16] The Third Annual Shotz Talent Show - 1/30/79
The girls perform as.... PUPPETS!
[17] Supermarket Sweep - 2/6/79
Laverne wins a free shopping spree!
[18] Lenny's Crush - 2/13/79
Lenny loves Laverne?
[19] Fire Show - 2/20/79
The girls have a huge fight over the same man! A fireman!
[20] Sqiggy in Love - 2/27/79
Laverne and Shirley give Squiggy relationship advice!
[21] The Feminine Mistake - 3/6/79
Laverne practices to be more "feminine"
[22] The Tenants Are Revolting - 3/13/79
The girls organize the tenants and call a building inspector!
[23] There's a Spy in My Beer - 5/8/79
A corporate Spy in the brewery?
[24] Shirley and the Older Man - 5/15/79
Shirley in a relationship with a rich older man?

Watch for Jay Leno as "Joey" in "The Feminine Mistake" and Toni Basil in "Chorus Line" (as "Mickie"!!!).

---

Twenty four more episodes of light-hearted fun!

JM
on September 25, 2008
Laverne & Shirley is one of the best buddy-buddy shows of all-time. Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams had wonderful chemistry, too bad these women didn't get along off-set. I love the opening theme song, such a classic! Season 4 is definitely my favorite, I highly recommend this t.v. gem, enjoy!
on June 13, 2011
I love Laverne n Shirley season 4. Where are the rest of the seasons. We want more, why do they stop bringing out the rest. These are great shows, Happy days is another they stopped at season four. Now the new crappy shows that are not worth a dime like Jersey shore come out so quick. It's such a shame.
on July 10, 2014
Always love my classic TV shows better than any garbage today! Laverne and Shirley were a great memory of my childhood. I remember they were already on reruns when I would come home after school and watch them. I love them even more now than I did then! :-) I look forward to getting the rest of the series.
on November 25, 2011
I bought this for my (down syndrome) daughter who has all the other L & S, DVD's available for purchase. She's really enjoying it, keeping her portable DVD player in the kitchen so I can hear her laughing while she's watching it. Anyone who is a fan of good clean humor would like this set.
on August 23, 2013
I've loved Laverne and Shirley ever since I was watching them on TV Land when I was 12. Now at 25, I love them even more. As an underpaid working girl on the hunt for a good man, I find them that much more relatable.
on September 29, 2014
Season 4 is the best so far. It is excellent. Each season prior to this only continued to get better. While I only gave the first season a meagre 4 stars, season 2 were both 5 stars with each season surpassing its predecessor in laughs and clever script writing. I have found season 4 to be following the trend of surpassing yet again the excellence of the previous season, and there's no doubt season 3 was excellent as well. This show just brightens my mood every time I watch it. There are so many good episodes here.
on August 7, 2015
I had forgotten how funny this show was ....glad they had reruns on one of my TV channels ....just clean ..no bad words ..each episode had a story with out a political message in it ....love it good year this is one of 3 I go ..good year ..I can relax watching TV now
on September 5, 2011
I remember sitting through Happy Days as a kid just to see these two girls. What great chemistry the leads had. Too bad ABC moved it to Thursday nights while the show was number 1. Whose "brilliant" idea was that? The show went down in the ratings and never recovered...even when it was moved back to Tuesdays. This season was full of great laughs. I believe the Night School episode and the Spy in my Beer are the best. HOWEVER, the classic Laverne and Shirley episodes can only be found in Season 5! The iconic episodes are Mosejaw Express Murder Mystery "Beware of the bald man!", Frank and Edna's Wedding (was moved to a Baptist church where L & S sing with the African American Choir, and of course Dead Laslo's Place "Betty please pick up your hash blacks!" . I truly hope sales of seasons 1-4 will lead to the release of Season 5 which is the difinitive season of Laverne and Shirley just before they moved to California (another "brilliant" idea...what were they thinking?).
on July 30, 2012
I have been collecting the seasons of Laverne and Shirley for over a year now, and each one is as hilarious as the next. I never grow tired of the slapstick mingled with the heart that the show inspires. The two girlfriends and cast members that interact with them...and sometimes STEAL the show...are a real mixture of the innocence and curiosity that WAS the late 50's and early 60's.