1,035 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars FLAWLESS is Hardy's Performance
I won't paraphrase the storyline as others have done here so well. I will add that the moment
I hit play on the BD Player, I was so engrosed in the film I realized I was still sitting
on the edge of my seat after the first 20 minutes before I made myself comfortable, and never once hit pause.

I was riveted by Tom Hardy's acting, his portrayal was an...
Published 21 months ago by The Lone Angler

3.0 out of 5 stars A Well Made, If Aloof, Period Crime Drama That Never Really Made Me Care About Its Central Characters
"Lawless" was one of the movies that I most looked forward to this year! A period piece about the outlaw Bondurant family of Virginia, the movie has gritty action set in the time of Prohibition. What's not to love? It also features an incredible A-list cast including Tom Hardy, Jessica Chastain, Shia LaBeouf, Gary Oldman, Guy Pearce, and Mia Wasikowska. An impressive...
Published 20 months ago by K. Harris

4.0 out of 5 stars FLAWLESS is Hardy's Performance, December 4, 2012
This review is from: Lawless (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) (Blu-ray)

I was riveted by Tom Hardy's acting, his portrayal was an original. It did not rely on a particular accent, clothing, make-up, mental defect or resemblance to a historical figure. He created an intelligent backwoods bootlegger, who despite his profession and its violence, lived by a code so strong that he appeared invincible. The glimpses of his tenderness he allowed himself were profoundly felt. The film was satisfying in its cinematography, cast, and story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Movie and Well Worth Your Time, December 5, 2012
I really enjoyed this movie despite the reviews at the time it came out.

Ignore any online reviews by the so called media reviewers because this
movie is well worth it.

I enjoyed it so much I bought some books here at amazon regarding this slice of history
of alcohol prohibition in America.

The acting was superb.

It shows the rampant corruption among politicians and the police forces and shows the story of one family (3 brothers)
who refused to pay the currupt politicians who had the police do their dirty work.

Rent it ..it's a 4 star movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Movie!, November 29, 2012
This review is from: Lawless (Amazon Instant Video)
This film is worth the watch. Great acting and good story.Old gangster movie with lots of action and gives good insight of times during the moonshine era.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow start, but ended up loving it, December 6, 2012
Janet Hickox (Sedro-Woolley, WA) - See all my reviews
I thought overall this movie was very good! The slow start almost had me turn it off, but I am glad that I didn't because I really enjoyed it. The characters were all very interesting...and well acted. I would recommend watching the movie, and sticking with it through the slow beginning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good, January 13, 2013
Diana L. Cain (Atlanta Georgia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lawless (Amazon Instant Video)
My gosh this movie was so good we watched it twice! It came highly recommended and the story line was interesting to me to begin with. It was based on fact and had a really good cast of actors. I had to change my view of Shia after this movie. I also highly recommend this movie - rather violent but not for the sake of gore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a Le Beef fan, loved the movie., December 31, 2012
This review is from: Lawless (Amazon Instant Video)
My title about sums it up. I didn't think I would like the movie because Shia Labeouf is in it. I was pleasantly surprised. It was a really good movie. Not too gory. It actually seemed pretty realistic. I would watch it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, December 13, 2012
This review is from: Lawless (Amazon Instant Video)
One of the best movies I've seen in a long time! This movie was absoutley fantastic! Kept me on the edge of my seat, yet it still made me cry at the end! I would recommend this movie to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lawless, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Lawless (Amazon Instant Video)
Great movie and great story! I watched it twice before my 48hrs expired. Tom Hardy is becoming one of my favorite actors.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT MOVIE, December 6, 2012
This review is from: Lawless (Amazon Instant Video)
This movie is amazing...now..be prepared..its slow paced and with violence interspersed throughout it...NOT FOR KIDS i promise...not for the under 15 set...violence is too graphic. But if you can turn your head throught the violence...great movie great story you will love it....

5.0 out of 5 stars All around great movie., December 4, 2012
Josh (Richmond, VA, United States) - See all my reviews
This movie has a compelling story set in one of America's strangest times. The acting is phenomenal and it is shot beautifully.

Lawless (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Lawless (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) by John Hillcoat (Blu-ray - 2012)
$24.99 $13.69