5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, "out of the box" read
Published on April 1, 2011 by Sis Steele

2.0 out of 5 stars Predictable and repetitive
Despite how bad my review may sound, the book is not terrible. It's just really, really, somewhat painfully uninteresting.

SPOILERS:

A bad man is murdered and the only witness losses her memory of the event. Her fiancee rides in to save the day, figure out who did everything and make sure no one else gets hurt. That's the plot.

How said...
Published 10 months ago by Yotafura

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, "out of the box" read, April 1, 2011
This review is from: The Lawman Claims His Bride (Love Inspired Historical) (Mass Market Paperback)
A good romance usually ends with a hero and heroine realizing they are in love. The obstacles to reaching this realization make for a great read. What would happen if the author started with a hero and heroine who have professed their love? With her book, The Lawman Claims His Bride, Renee Ryan proves a story featuring characters already in love can have great romantic tension, unpredictable twists, and lessons to be learned.

Kept apart for five years by the heroine's circumstances and the hero's misguided concern for his beloved, Logan Mitchell and Megan Goodwin finally marry under difficult circumstances. Finding themselves battling unseen criminals and preconceived notions of each other, their love is tested in a most entertaining and thoughtful manner. Ryan's creative style is showcased as she explores the marriage building blocks of faith, desire, and trust. The Lawman Claims His Bride is an adult, "out of the box" story worth reading again and again.

4.0 out of 5 stars The lawman claims his bride, May 6, 2011
This was another great addition to the Charity House series. One of the discussion questions in the back of the book asked if the reader was surprised to learn Cole Kincaid's killer. My answer - No, I actually figured out who it was early on. However, I was surprised to learn the motive. While I usually am not able to figure out "whodunit", the fact that I did figure it out did not keep me from enjoying the story. Reading about two characters who were already in love was a nice change of pace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love me not smother me., June 25, 2013
This was yet another great book. The situation that causes the greatest strife was also their greatest test. God works all things to His glory. Love proves again to be one of the deepest and most valued aspect of the story line. Enjoy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lawman Claims His Bride, July 5, 2013
I enjoy all of Renee Ryan's novels. They are love stories MINUS the all of the intimate details. They are also written with a Christian perspective

2.0 out of 5 stars Predictable and repetitive, December 12, 2013

SPOILERS:

How said plot got squeezed into nearly 300 pages? By having the heroine assure us she's strong then swoon a little, then claim a headache, then jump right to male lead's "I-am-not-good-enough-for-my-wife" soliloquy number 12545. Seriously, if you removed all the headaches and soliloquies, the story would be maybe 45 pages long. Repetitive is too mild a description for what happens to this story. The saddest part is that there were some good ideas that would have been worth following (like, the murdered guy's clique possibly wanting to follow the heroine to get revenge). The story is just weirdly paced and at times it felt more like if someone was telling me what the novel was about, rather than me actually reading it.

I finished because i just wanted to know how it ended, but I don't think it was time well spent.

2.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst books I have ever read, December 3, 2013
Loree (Carmel, CA) - See all my reviews
Two stars is generous on this one. I checked to see if this was a new author, in which case I would have been a little gentler and tried to encourage, but this author has a stream of books she has written. I thought this book was written by an inexperienced youth. The dialogue is stilted, repetitive and pedestrian. So poorly done as to be hard to read. I only finished it because if I am going to give a poor review I want to be sure its really as bad as it appears in the beginning and doesn't improve as I go along. Well this one did not improve. This author needs a fundamental writing course. Its only redeeming merit, and the reason it didn't get one star, is the good Christian morals it teaches.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to standard, December 27, 2013
The first two books that I read by Renee Ryan - "Heartland Wedding" and "Mistaken Bride" were books in a trilogy. Those are rated 5 stars. Not this one. Honestly at the end of the first chapter I knew who was the murderer. I skipped the rest of the novel and read the last few pages to confirm my suspicions. Maybe this review is a bit premature in that I didn't read the entire thing, but after the first chapter I didn't really care. Neither the plot line nor the characters held any interest for me. I do look forward to reading more of Miss Ryan's work. As with any novel, enjoyment is all relative. I applaud those who love the book, but this one was not for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow Moving and Anticlimactic but with a Positive Christian Viewpoint, December 1, 2013
Melody Cox (Evansville, IN USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I really have to question whether I read the same book that others have reviewed so highly. I cannot reconcile the book I read to the high praises of other readers. The only thing I enjoyed was the Christianity aspect of the story.

In my opinion, this book was slow moving and there was not much excitement to keep me interested. The ending was nice but an ending is just a brief few pages compared to the 280 pages it took to get there. The anticlimactic read did not meet my expectations.
For me, it was very easy to figure out the killer as I had that pegged from very early on.

Please read for yourself. It could be that it was not a good fit for me although I normally love this genre.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Lawman Claims His Bride, January 3, 2014
I did not read very far into the story. It was so corny and predictable.
The main character - sweet and innocent, grew up in an orphanage - visits a brothel to read to a bedridden prostitute.
She is mistaken for one of them and to spare the details...
Pervert dead, she is konked on the head, put in jail and can't remember what happened.
Entering the scene - her long absent sweetheart (a lawman) had to wait until she grew up so he left. Need I say more?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, December 30, 2013
Overall I liked the story - could have had more suspense in it but a good Christian romance.
Good read.

The Lawman Claims His Bride (Love Inspired Historical)
The Lawman Claims His Bride (Love Inspired Historical) by Renee Ryan (Mass Market Paperback - April 5, 2011)
Used & New from: $0.01