5.0 out of 5 stars Best bang for the buck
Published on May 12, 2007 by nvelli

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality is just not there!
I purchased this mower in july of 2005, and have had nothing but trouble with it. It has stopped running two times and the handle has fallen off two other times. This is my third Lawn Boy. I had good luck with the first two, but nothing but trouble with this one. I don't think the quality is there. I am moving on to another brand.
Published on May 15, 2007 by L. Cayes

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bang for the buck, May 12, 2007
nvelli "Nvelli" (WALDWICK, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lawn-Boy Insight 21-Inch 6.5 HP Self-Propelled Lawn Mower #10682
I've never owned a self propelled mower before. What a difference. This mower is effortless to operate. So easy to use that I didnt even need to read the directions. Right out of the box, it started on the first pull. I've used it for three mowings so far(6000 sq ft property) and its operating flawlessly. Very good build quality and the engine is top notch. There are plenty of mowers that cost more but I cant imagine what makes them better performers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mower, July 12, 2007
Awesome mulching mower... Delivery was delayed by nearly a week due to a UPS error, so my lawn had gone two weeks without a cut during a period of a lot of rain. One pass and the grass was cut and mulched, no lines, no residual clumps. We were very impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good mower, very impressed, July 27, 2007
Rod (Wisconsin USA) - See all my reviews
I hadn't purchased a new gas mower in great than 10 years. I wasn't looking to spend more than $300, so this mower fit the bill. It was delivered in 2 days, I popped it out of the box and had it going in about 20 minutes. Starts every time on the very first pull and is VERY EASY to operate. I've mowed 3 times with it now and the variable speed control is great. I can't say enough about a mower at this price point. It mulches well (don't plan to use the bag) and it handles great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Amazon purchase........again, June 15, 2007
Reading the reviews on Amazon and other sites, sure help make good manufacturer and model decisions. Since this is my first self propelled mower, I was a careful to study. It powers through 6-8" crop better than my brothers Poulan front wheel drive. For regular length grass..(haha..neighbors talk to me now) it pulls me right along and chews up sticks pretty good. I like the bag it, mulch it and "just let it fly" options. Guess which one I choose. If a guy has to cut his lawn, why not just get it done quick and simple. Sorta like the difference between laying brick with a garden trowel rather than a Rose. Hobbyist use the obvious, pros use tools that help get it done best. I highly recommend this mower as a walk behind type and Amazon.com as the supplier, unless you wanna claim cutting grass a lifelong hobby and pay higher costs for attaining/maintenance of a tool. I'd rather be throwing back a few MGD's and enjoying the fresh cut smell of the days crop, than working longer hours to pay a higher price and maintaining a stupid tool. No matter what, get the same engine manufacturer. Nice and smooth, unlike....those 'garden' trowels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Green Machine, September 14, 2007
Got the mower from Amazon at a great price and great delivery time.It was all that I expected except the controls took a little getting used to.To be expected,I suppose.I have owned a Lawn Boy since 1992 and it still runs,will keep it for a back up.Thanks again Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our fourth Lawn-Boy mower, November 20, 2007
George Provencher (Russellville, AR USA) - See all my reviews
This is the fourth mower we have owned in the last 40 years and the first one with a four cycle engine. All the previous ones were two cycle where you mix the oil and gas. I guess the powers to be decided that these no longer meet emission requirements for California mowers. We narrowed our decision to either Honda or Tecumseh powered. While we like Honda's reliability, we found that repair parts are VERY expensive and not as readily available as Tecumseh. Our local repair shop speaks highly of Tecumseh's reliability. The engine is super easy to start and usually on the first pull.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good, no frills, rear-wheel dr. mower, March 10, 2008
This mower is superior to my last one in that it does what its supposed to do with no fuss. There aren't any options you don't need. I like the rear wheel variable speed and mulching option. Not too heavy and wheels are wide so mower compensates easily for inconsistencies in terrain. I'd buy it again. Easy to start, good on fuel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 10, 2014
Great lawn mower and we called Lawn boy about getting a part to make it easier to use and their customer service was excellent. They shipped the part which made it easier to hold to keep in to move forward. Did not have to hold onto the bar to keep it on. Would reccommend to anyone. Great price and great product. Have had it for a few years.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality is just not there!, May 15, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT MOWER, July 16, 2008
This is the best mower that I have ever owned and I have owned quite a few. No complaints whatsoever. Prime the gas and mower starts on first pull every time and mows my st. augustine lawn, effortlessly, with all the power that is needed. Very Happy with my purchase. Thank You Lawn Boy for producing a great mower.