Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Size: 1520 sqft (21-10)|Color: Warm White|Change

on November 28, 2011
These lights were shipped to me within 48 hours and are spectacular. Setup was a breeze and they look wonderful. Instead of pointing the lights straight up and down I angled them forward at a 45 deg angle so i got more bounced light off of the grass. I was practically giggling the whole time they are so cool. Certainly no one in my neighborhood has them!

As I was staking them into the ground (It was dark twilight at this point, it make it easy to stake them in) I heard my neighbor open her door and say " wow thats awesome!" she didnt even know I was there, and isnt a friendly neighbor... so thats as candid as you get! 1 spool covered an area about 70'x60' (real rough guess) my yard is a half acre with the house set 2/3 back. This did the majority of the front lawn, leaving about a 10 ft border between the lights and the property edges. Quite certainly a fan of this!! its the way to go!

Also, the LED lights are super efficient! I measured power consumption at 1 or 2 watts. For that little consumption I make sure to leave it on.
review image review image review image
22 comments| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2013
I bought 2 sets of these in December 2011 (36 LED, 10' spacing). We're sort of Christmas minimalists...white window candles, a few wreaths, and that's about it. The Lawn Lights created the most brilliant display across our front yard. Our setting is a wooded, sloped lot that faces the roadway coming into our dead end street. It looks like a star field of randomly scattered diamonds shining in the night; people love it! Our lot is about an acre and a half, so you can sort of imagine the size of the front yard area. Just two sets are all that's needed. I set them up with a dusk until 8 hours timer and they operate flawlessly.

Some tips:
-You must make them look random, not grid-like. We've found it's best to install them about a half hour before dark so you can see the lights and the cord. This makes installing the little holders in the ground easier. Unroll the lights from the spool (using a screwdriver in the hub of the spool so it rolls easier) and lay them on the ground in a broad crescent sort of pattern. Consider where people might walk dogs or where your meter readers will need to go, and don't run your lights there. We have a lot of wildlife, but have yet to have a deer or squirrel disturb them.
-Resist the urge to put out too many sets. The idea is that it's open and sweeping...less is more here.
-Always put them out and bring them in with a spool. They will easily tangle if you just pick them up like an extension cord.
on December 8, 2010
I bought a set of these last year & just now got to put them out for the holidays. They're gorgeous! Luckily, we've had a warm winter so the ground wasn't frozen, (that's the only problem I could see for install). I did it alone and at 10:00 at night - it took about a half hour. I'm so happy with the starry, sparkly look they've given our yard.
review image
on November 25, 2013
Bought the sparkling white lights, received them quickly, they look great. Just as a precaution, I purchased an anti-deer and rabbit spray to keep potential vermin away from the lights. I wanted something different for my Christmas decore, this fits the bill. I included a video, doesn't quite do the product justice, but hopefully gives you an idea of what they look like. Took about 15-20 minutes to set up. The size was 36-08 1864 sq ft. Covered my small front lawn nicely.
on November 25, 2011
These lights are awesome! It's one long string of lights that you roll out however you choose across your yard. The instructions are simple and it didn't take long at all. I have a long front yard and one string worked great. It's one continuous string so use common sense when deciding where to put them. The effect is beautiful without being gaudy. I can't wait to see them in the snow! Nobody has these lights where I live in Michigan, I'm so glad I stumbled across them while surfing the internet! The price is right also, just 3 strings of icicle lights costs more than this huge roll of lights. Thanks for your great idea!
on December 2, 2011
Uploaded a picture with my review. 5 stars. Shipment came promptly. I would suggest buying the staked power cord with the solar panel to turn product on at dusk and turn off at sunrise. worked out great for us!
review image
on December 6, 2013
I bought 3 sets of 21/10 last year (that was the only set they had), and, after putting them down, ordered a 4th set. I left them out a long time because I loved how they look! My lawn became famous in town, with many people talking about it. By the time I took them down, one set had gone bad, with dim and dead lights. I contacted the seller, returned the defective set, and received a new set. My yard is humongous, and I may buy a couple more sets, but you don't have to smother the entire lawn to achieve a beautiful look.

Set-up is very quick and easy, and take-down is also. Each comes with a spool to store them on; just don't drop and crack it! Use a stick or something to hold the spool while you unreel, and you'll be done in under 5 minutes per spool. Even the stakes don't take that much time. They are spaced widely apart, and it may seem that they won't look like much, but they will!

They are up for a second season, and look even better with my new design idea. I'm glad I took a chance on these. I love them!
on December 11, 2014
The lights are nice and they do the job of making your yard look beautiful, you will have christmas lights no one else has in the neighborhood unless they are "amazon researchers" of course. Which where I am, apparently I am the only one.

However, after purchasing 3 sets of the longest ones offered (2827 sqft ) at $85+, I still would need an additional two more of those sets to get the desired effect in the picture showed on the listing. So far I spent $255, I would need to spend another $170 to get the look on the picture in this listing. That would be a total investment of $425 for this unique effect. The manufacturer recommends these lights be set apart a 10 feet or less, I set mine at 6 feet apart in the arch way. At 10 feet, the lights did NOT look as in the picture- not even close!

I feel they should show in the photos provided- how many sets they use, otherwise, its very misleading and I believe its whats causing the negative reviews. The product works, it looks beautiful and its a great way to set yourself apart in the neighborhood, however, as long as you understand that you will need several of these if you have a large yard, then you will be happy.

Another con for me was that one of the sets I received was so tangled up already in the container, that I was completely and utterly shocked, it literally took me about 45 minutes to untangle it, I have never, ever seen a knot that bad before, I have no idea how they packed it that way. I should specify that this issue was only with one set out of the three and I did almost give up out of frustration, but i knew i was not going to return it since I had already opened it and was not going to try to fit that mess in the little box these lights come in.

If you have the funds, consider this as an invesment and be ready for the compliments, if you are however in a budget and have a large area to cover, I would really consider the committment.

I would tell the manufacturer to add a few extra lights onto the very long set that is more expensive or do a bundle for larger areas that require more lights, or a special connector to increase the length.
I put one set of the lights on an area that could have used about 5 more extra lights, however, even If i purchased the 1096 sqft (72-04) to finish the desired effect, there is no way for me to connect them to my already 2827 sqft set, so I would have to bring in a huge extension cord just to finish since you cannot connect sets, at least not the ones I bought.

Overall, good product, I cannot tell about longevity since this is the first holiday season I've had them for, however, I will update next season.
Also, Once you purchase one of these and put them in your desired place, you will 100% have an idea about how many sets you need, you can ask people here all you want but you have to see for yourself since only you can see the area where these go, if you are first timer buyer, buy the longest one offered for medium to large size areas. These cannot connect to extend length and once opened, I have no idea how you can put them back in the box and return them!
on January 9, 2013
I purchased 5 sets of the long lights (10ft spacing) to cover a large expanse of lawn. They are indeed easy to lay out and they do look impressive at night. I have had many neighbors compliment the lights - they make an impressive display indeed.

However, one set died after just a week (a wire had shorted) and a second set was only half the normal brighness after 30 days. So a failure rate of 2 out of 5 seems a little too high to me for lights costing over $70 a set. My advice - save your money.

Update as of Jan 2015: After replacing the two defective sets in early 2013 and running these lights for two more years (DEC 13 & 14) I'm about to roll them up again. Out of the five sets that were working I have three working sets left. Two of the sets died over the four weeks they were out on the lawn. SO OUT OF A TOTAL OF 7 SETS I HAVE HAD 4 DIE. With lights costing near $100 a set I think we might expect them to last more than a couple of seasons.
on December 1, 2014
The photos for these lights are very deceiving. It looks like they are rounded lights, but in fact are just very small white lights like you would find on a Christmas tree string of lights spread out along wire. You have to fight with the wire to wrap the light around a very unstable stake that you put into the ground. They do not nearly cover the ground they say they will. I really expected more from these lights; have to say I was very disappointed.