Published 15 months ago by The Pen ...not the sword

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't Believe The Hype
Took a chance with the great reviews and low price...just doesn't really have a backbone...AT ALL. Super LIGHT DUTY blower!
Published 3 months ago by truthfulreviewer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for decks, patios and driveways; Compact and light-weight..., May 16, 2013
This review is from: LawnMaster BL705 Electric Blower/Sweeper (Lawn & Patio)
This LawnMaster BL705 Electric Blower/Sweeper does a great job of clearing my decks, patio and driveway of leaves, grass clippings, etc., and it doesn't need to be recharged after every 25 minutes of use like the battery powered blower that I previously used for this purpose. It is sturdy, compact, light-weight (less than 5 lbs.), easy to operate, and it doesn't produce the noise and fumes that the gas powered blower I use on the rest of my property does.

You do have to purchase an extension cord for this blower as it doesn't come with a cord. If you already own an extension cord, make sure that it is heavy enough to carry the current that the blower will draw. An undersized cord will cause a drop in line voltage resulting in loss of power and overheating. The operator's manual recommends using a wire gauge size of at least 14. I use a 50 ft. Coleman Cable 14/3 (14-gauge wire with 3 conductors) Outdoor Extension Cord. Amazon also sells a 25 ft. and 100 ft. version of this same Coleman Cable Outdoor Extension Cord on the same product page/listing - you just use the drop down box and select the cord length you want. The operator's manual says that you can use up to a 100 foot cord. All three lengths of the Coleman Cable 14/3 Outdoor Extension Cord are more than adequate for use with this blower. The 25 ft. and 50 ft. lengths are rated for 15 amps, the 100 ft. length is rated for 13 amps, and the blower has an 8 amp motor.

You actually attach the outlet end of the extension cord to a plug on the rear of this blower and then loop the cord under and around a cord retainer located on the rear of the blower housing which keeps the cord from unplugging from the blower as you work (see customer image I uploaded).

The only assembly required with this blower is attaching the blower tube which is as simple as sliding the blower tube onto the unit until the lock button clicks on the top of the tube (see customer image I uploaded).

The on/off switch is located on the top of the handle (see customer image I uploaded).

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION YOU MIGHT FIND USEFUL:

*The LawnMaster BL705 Electric Blower/Sweeper has an 8-amp single speed motor that produces 160 mph air speed.

*It should be connected to a power supply that is 120 volts, AC only (normal household current), 60 Hz.

*It is distributed by Cleva North America based in Greenville, SC, USA and comes with a 2 year warranty from date of purchase against defects in workmanship and materials under normal household use.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BLOWER, February 15, 2014
This review is from: LawnMaster BL705 Electric Blower/Sweeper (Lawn & Patio)
Found myself blowing leaves the other day and listened to my B&D die with a terrible electric smell. After putting it in the garbage can I reached for my Yorx and found the switch frozen and rusted in place......# 2 in the garbage can. I have prime and found the Lawnmaster with 5 stars. Who am I to judge my fellow Amazon buyers so I ordered it. A day and 1/2 later my Lawnmaster arrived. Wow.....so light.....plugged it in and so quiet compared to other I had. 160 MPH wind cleared off my yard in a heartbeat. Even my neighbor commented on how quiet it was. Now I can teach my wife how to clear the yard and she can't say.....YOUR MACHINES ARE TOO HEAVY FOR ME....OOOOOOO I feel so goooood......lmbo. .

4.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up, December 28, 2013
This review is from: LawnMaster BL705 Electric Blower/Sweeper (Lawn & Patio)
At first I thought it might be to small but after plugging it in and using it..........well I made a good decision buying this Blower/Sweeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blows Alot, December 11, 2013
This review is from: LawnMaster BL705 Electric Blower/Sweeper (Lawn & Patio)
This is AWESOME and works as advertised if not better. Very powerful for such compact unit. On a farm with lots of trees = lots of leaves which were easily blown anywhere by this blower. Also use to blow water off vehicle after washing to prevent water spots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, easy to use, and POWERFUL!, January 28, 2014
This review is from: LawnMaster BL705 Electric Blower/Sweeper (Lawn & Patio)
I recently bought this leaf blower to tend to my small yard. It came in a tiny box that left me thinking I'd ordered a child's toy by mistake. Assembly was easy (click the pipe onto the base), plug in your own heavy-duty extension cord, and you're set!

The blower is VERY powerful, despite it's small size and light weight. I was not prepared for the force of the wind it emits. Remember to wear safety glasses, as I got a face full of dust when I first turned it on. I was quickly able to blow all the leaves and dust off my porch and patio, get the dead leaves out of the bushes, and get my yard tidy again.

My siblings were over here helping me with my yard work (I am getting over a back injury, and this was about all I could do to help), and both of them were so impressed with this leaf blower that they are each buying one for their homes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, February 8, 2014
This review is from: LawnMaster BL705 Electric Blower/Sweeper (Lawn & Patio)
This blower is just what I needed for my small yard. It's easy to handle and I can place my hands nearly everywhere without fear of hurting myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Strong Blower, January 21, 2014
This review is from: LawnMaster BL705 Electric Blower/Sweeper (Lawn & Patio)
I used a battery charged blower before that broke after a year and the air was not very strong. This electric blower surprised me with the blowing power! I felt like Dorothy in Oz almost floating into the air! With just a few swipes of the blower, my work is done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hurricane force......almost, December 15, 2013
Judith Cavender (Central Florida and beyond) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LawnMaster BL705 Electric Blower/Sweeper (Lawn & Patio)
What power!!!!!! I am blowing leaves off decks and sidewalks and this made very easy work of it. I really was surprised by the power of such a cheap blower

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money....., January 11, 2014
This review is from: LawnMaster BL705 Electric Blower/Sweeper (Lawn & Patio)
This little gem is light weight and sufficiently powerful to clean our deck very quickly. As we had been sweeping this area, the little blower has been a welcome tool. Like most all electric blowers with any kind of power, it is a little noisy, but, as stated, that was to be expected.

Would I recommend it? YES
Would I buy it again? YES

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, June 23, 2014
This review is from: LawnMaster BL705 Electric Blower/Sweeper (Lawn & Patio)
This is the best blower I have had. I am women who is not really strong so I really don't like big heavy tools. This is lightweight yet powerful.

LawnMaster BL705 Electric Blower/Sweeper