Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

on June 2, 2014
Lawrence Zarain provides good, basic information on putting together a complete wardrobe by giving Ten Commandments for a Perfect Wardrobe. I love it that the first commandment is about loving your body - and that is actually a common thread through the entire book. What's missing, though, is anything really new about expressing yourself through your personal style.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when you purchase a book outside of the "religion and spirituality" genre and find an author talking about God. There is certainly an audience that is interested in hearing about Mr. Zarain's 12-step program and his personal struggles, but I think it's inappropriate to include it in a book that is about fashion.

The other thing that I just couldn't get past is the recommendation that women in their 40's should dress in crème, black, navy, and gray, wear tailored clothes with "feminine details" and stick to simple jewelry. Maybe in his world, but in my world, Halle Berry, Jen Aniston, and Heidi Klum have re-written those rules. No matter your age, you should be able to express yourself through your style!
on February 20, 2014
10 Commandments for a Perfect Wardrobe has given me the tools I’ve needed to look at my wardrobe with fresh eyes and whip up an outfit that is fashionable and right for me. I’ve personally avoided meeting myself, naked in the mirror, but the result of this exercise was love of self from the skin out. Sigh, giggle, admire and fix it! Lawrence Zarian has cajoled me into a place of peace with his humorous, heartwarming and cleverly written book! Read it and discover undeniable, new confidence!
on February 12, 2014
Really great tips presented in a compelling way. Enjoyed reading it, learned a lot and applying all the info daily! Get this book--you'll be glad you did.
on February 12, 2014
I couldn't put it down! It draws you in right from the beginning. LZ truly understands the challenges women face and helps us look our absolute best, without spending a mint. I'm so grateful for the information within its pages. Highly recommend to ANYONE!
on February 24, 2014
I love fashion books, mostly because fashion has been my career for over 25 years. And then along came Lawrence's fashion book and I not only loved the book, but the man who wrote it. Why? Because he bares his soul and his issues. He becomes just like everyone else with their insecurities, only unlike most fashion people, LZ shares his with the reader. And how does that affect the information in the book? Wonderfully because the reader identifies with him and likes him and is not only ready, but eager to go on his fashion journey. And that fashion journey will show you everything you need to know to look fabulous and feel fabulous. Kudos LZ for writing a book that is real, honest and informative, plus a great read. Take his Ten Commandments and become the beautiful person you are, the LZ way. You can't help but love this guy and this book! Christine Schwab
on May 17, 2014
I'm disappointed that I allowed myself to be suckered into purchasing this book. My instincts told me the basics haven't changed and probably nothing for older women. Sadly, I was right. He is an engaging person, but I learned nothing didn't already know or intuit.
on March 6, 2014
I've always been impressed with the makeovers I've seen Lawrence do on television and this book is almost as good as having him with you. He covers the what, where and how of shopping smart for the look that's right for you. It's a book you'll keep forever because the advice, often dispensed with humor and affection, is timeless and classy, just like Lawrence. I'm so glad I bought this book.
on February 12, 2014
This book is a must-have if you want to look stylish, fashionable but more importantly feel good about yourself. Lawrence shares his life experiences and that's why he's so good at what he does. It's definitely one of the best, most useful style books I've ever read. It's actually a realistic approach to building a wardrobe full of fashion AND function using any type of budget and saving money! Finished it in less than 24 hours and now ready to apply what I've learned to my closet!
on March 1, 2014
This book is so fun, and not just for women. Not only were there
concrete fashion tips, but more so, each chapter delivered fun quotes
("Even I don't wake up looking like Cindy Crawford"--Cindy Crawford) and
anecdotes from Lawrence and celebrities. I particularly like chapter 3
which shared intimate aspects of Lawrence's life and made me realize I
was reading a book that went far beyond fashion tips! Fun reading, easy
reading, great print for beautifully organized, I am really happy I
picked this one up! Thanks Lawrence, and hurry up with the next
commandments, I can only imagine and can't wait to read it.
on March 22, 2014
Excellent advice with reasonable expenditure. Style is Not about your bank account but who you are inside. LZ gives great advice on how to get there at every price point. A must read for women who wants to be fabulous.