Lazer BOB (Baby on Board) Helmet
|Price:||$27.50 - $43.00|
- Comfit3 retention system
- Flat back rests easily against back wall of trailer
- Special padding to keep chin cool and comfortable; total of 6 vents throughout
- Super soft fit pads are easy to remove and clean
- Straps with reflective material for extra visibility
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
The adjustments in the back are a little different and not so bulky as the Giro Me2. They do take a little getting used to, but I think I like these better, since there is no dial adding extra bulk and forcing her head forward when in the trailer. There is plenty of room for growth though, and the adjustment also doesn't look like it will be catching long hair when she gets older either. The mold for the helmet seems to come down on the back of the head and offer a little more protection, too.
I also like that there is a nice big strip of reflective tape going all the way around the helmet,for when she is older of course. The only thing I would change, is there is no chin protection on the buckle. I also have side by side comparison pictures of the helmets on my profile page.
1. The design I chose which is the one photographed was not the one sent. This is Amazon's problem, not the manufacturer's.
2. Sizing is totally off. This is definitely a manufacturer's issue. It states clearly in the description here and even on the label that it fits 46-52cm heads. Definitely does not fit. Why? The problem is that the helmet shell itself is smaller than the adjustable head strap. Yes, really? So even when it states that it cane size up to 52cm, the shell itself prevents the adjustment from getting that big. My daughter is only 17 months and has a head size in the 99%, so her head is huge for her age, but it's 48.9cm and according to the description, fitment should have been perfect. She's right smack in the middle of the range. Still didn't fit.
So if you want a super tiny helmet, go for it. Lots of people have loved that this is the smallest helmet they could find and are delighted with it.
HOW I CHOSE THIS ONE:
1. It comes from the oldest bicycle helmet company in the word. I suspect that makes they experts in having more time to develop and experience helmet design. They've got a good grasp on their customer's expectations and requests. They just dropped the ball on the sizing on this one.
2. Looked at Giro b/c that was my first helmet as a kid. I'm just familiar with the brand, but I heard that the Giro Me2 straps are attached by only tape and don't actually go through the helmet. If that's true, that's definitely a scary thing. Avoided that one.
3. Didn't want to go with the Schwinn and Bell manufacturers b/c they're just known to make cheap stuff.Read more ›
Small (Fits about 45-51 cm)
Adjustable (we also have the Bell Sprout helmet which is just stretchy in the back, not adjustable like this one is)
straps seem well made
Good quality (isn't cheaply made just because it's an infant helmet. It's just like an adult helmet, only smaller)
This helmet is advertised as having a flat back so the child can rest their head against the back of a seat in a trailer, etc., however, the back isn't really flat at all. Granted, it's not pointed and aerodynamic like an adult helmet, but it's still rounded.
All in all, for the price it's a good helmet for the smallest and youngest of infants.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great helmet! Fits well and no pinching at the straps- would purchase it again.Published 4 days ago by Elizabeth S.
Purchased this for my 2 year olds birthday. I measured her head before hand and it was 48cm. I ordered the 47-51cm size and it did not fit. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Jo
My 14 month old has a smaller narrow head and I was worried about finding an infant helmet that would fit well. After much research I found this one. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Tanya Mae
Nice helmet for our toddler. Fits well and is comfortable while riding in a Chariot bike trailer.Published 6 days ago by Christopher W. Gregory
The outside design is SUPER cute! But I wish there was a bit more "breathing" ability in the helmet. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Emily SW
Fits my 1yr old great with room to grow. Very lightweight and protective.Published 19 days ago by Brooken
Not sure this will last for much longer than until my LO turns 2yrs old but that's ok since I wanted a helmet that fits her now.Published 26 days ago by Goldenberg
Super light and fits my 9 month old. We've had problems in the past with a baby helmet becoming a face mask when the baby is in the bike trailer. Doesn't happen with this one.Published 28 days ago by Pmomma
I purchased this Lazer BOB Chick Infant bike helmet for my one year-old grandson, it is so cute and fits him great. It did come with extra size fitting pads. Read morePublished 28 days ago by Amazon Customer