Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on January 18, 2008
I received this spatula set in red free with the purchase of a 5 1/2 quart red Le Creuset dutch oven. Even with the free super saver shipping, I received this item within just a few days of ordering via UPS. The crock matches the cherry red dutch oven beautifully.

Though I have only used this set for a few days, so far, I am very, very happy with it. Firstly, the color of the stoneware crock is beautiful, graduating from a dark red at the bottom, to a lighter red at the top. Even though there is literally nothing in my kitchen to match red, the quality and beauty of the set made its own place on my counter top. It is very cheerful and easy on the eyes. Though I was suspicious about using silicon utensils while cooking, I did some research, and found that the silicone is heat resistant to 800 degrees!

I used a few of the spatulas today for the first time making huevos rancheros with refried beans. The spatulas worked beautifully scooping the pureed beans and salsa from the food processor, and worked equally well sauteeing onions and these ingredients in my hot non-stick skillet. I've been a wooden spoon man all of my cooking life, but these spatulas, which combine flexibility with heat resistance, are hard to beat. I may well begin to reserve the wooden spoons just for scraping fond and the like.

Although America's Test Kitchen gave the Le Creuset basting brush an average review, I used it today to brush veggie oil on some corn tortillas before putting them in the oven, and it worked great, and did not drip oil from the bowl to the tortilla.

In contrast to the remarks left by others, though I received this set for free, I believe it is worth Amazon's asking price. In addition to being functional, the beauty of these Le Creuset items gives you a jeune sais quoit warm and fuzzy when you finally finish cooking and simply stop to look at them. They begin to look like hard working, very attractive friends just then.
on January 4, 2009
I love these! They are about the best spatula's I have ever had. I have been using them for over two years and they have yet to get that sticky feeling you get from the low end store's rubber scrapers.

Im not overly fond of the spatula with the holes in it. Food gets in there and it tends to be a pain to wash. The only time I use it is for really really thin liquids.

I have had no problems with melting. In fact, one of my spatulas fell onto my glass top stove burner for a few seconds and there wasn't even a scorch on it.
The spatulas contained in this Le Creuset set are all made of durable silicone that are easy to use and clean. The crock is a nice ceramic base that provides a solid and sturdy place to store the utensils.
on January 19, 2007
I got those spatulas for my girlfriend, and even though she uses it 99% of the time the couple times I used them, they seem floppy to me when you stirr something the bottom part flaps back and forth, a cheap spatula I have has a much smoother rubber part.

Besides that it is a nice and well-craftet set. I was a little dissapointed that the rubber and the Crock did not really color-match.
on January 27, 2008
I bought these because I liked my Mom's set but when I got them they were bigger than her spatulas. The spatulas were flimsy and you wouldn't be able to scrape out anything thicker than pancake batter. I was very disappointed in the quality and returned them.
on February 6, 2007
If you are thinking of ordering these spatulas in the canister I would highly recommend them. They are perfect for any type of cooking and clean up is so nice and easy. I received mine for Christmas and have used them almost exclusively since.
on January 7, 2008
This set has the nicer ergonomic rounded handles compared to their old flat sticks. It is nice that the tips come off to toss in the dishwasher and love the slotted spoonula.

Very nice price direct from Amazon.
on January 24, 2008
I purchased this as a gift for my son who is a great cook. He absolutely loves it. I was very happy with the timely way my order was handled.
on March 22, 2007
I love these! They are easy to use, and the color is really nice!
on September 26, 2014