5.0 out of 5 stars Great Investment - Great Food, November 7, 2000
This review is from: Le Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron 7-1/4-Quart Round French Oven, Flame (Kitchen)
My wife and I purchased a LeCruset pot three years ago and use it frequently. It truly creates an oven-like amosphers right on the stove top. Our range has settings from 1 through 8 and we never set the element under this pot above a four. It heats up quickly and holds its heat seemingly forever. Yes, it was rather pricey, but we feel it was worth the investment. The best of any product is always pricey. The interior enamel is slightly stained from use, but I'd guess that's to be expected. We wouldn't hesitate to make the investment all over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Think before buying, December 31, 2002
Diego (Philadelphia) - See all my reviews
I remember my grandma using the LeCreuset dutch/french ovens. She had them for some 30+ years before she passed away (LeCreuset survived her). I have always been impressed by the longevity of LeCreuset products. Of course, while they last, they may get chipped, or get dull, but I don't care about that. I don't need shiny, brand new looking cooking utensils. I care about the results, and there I think LeCreuset can not be beat. If you are into "slow-food" LeCreuset is your choice.
So yes, as one of the reviewers pointed out, LeCreuset might outlive your kitchen design, or it may not look as fancy as All-Clad and whatever else show-off cooking ware is out there, but you have to think about what you are looking for in your pots and pans.
I am aware that the prices are rather steep, but like most things, in the long run you spend less. I bought cheap pots and pans before which I then had to throw away because they became uneven and just would not conduct the heat evenly on an electric stove. I will gladly invest some more money into a LeCreuset and keep it for the next decades to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the tasks for which it's intended, March 22, 2001
T. Dewar (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
First, I couldn't disagree more with the person who claimed getting one of these "sets" of the same line of cookware is a desirable thing. They tend to be overpriced and feature things you rarely use. (Notice they never feature a 5 qt sauté pan - but you can always count on some useless little 8 or 10-inch "omelette pan.")
If you do any serious cooking, you know that certain cookware types are great for some tasks but not others. This goes for Le Creuset, copper, All-Clad Yuppieware, or whatever else. With that in mind, Le Creuset is made for - and best at - braising, stews, and other slow cooking. It's fabulous for things that go into the oven after starting on the stovetop (osso buco etc.). Yes, you should take care to use wooden spoons instead of metal on the enamel. And no, it doesn't fire up quickly. Then again, neither does All-Clad, it's much touted "inner layer " of aluminum notwithstanding. If you need to quickly sear things, black'n'blue steaks, etc. get yourself copper or Calphalon Pro Hard-anodized, both of which are much better heat conductors than steel.
If you want to make Coq au Vin, curries, and other things that simmer gently or need to be finished in the oven, this is your guy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forgot it on the stove once, April 12, 2007
Andrew (California, United States of America) - See all my reviews
I have this in the "citrus" color. This one time, I left it on the stove pre-heating before I add oil and forgot about it. It got pretty hot and now the bottom has all these little tiny hairline cracks in them. The pot is still fine, but now it stains a lot easier. I have to put bleach and water in it every once in a while to get rid of the stains.

The lesson here is: Don't forget about your $250 dutch oven on the stove.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, February 7, 2003
By A Customer
I love this pot!! It's perfect for stews and chili--or anything that needs you to brown the meat before adding the liquid ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the money, November 13, 2010
My wife and I use this all the time to make stews, curries, etc. The bottom is wide so there's room to brown a lot of meat at once. The heat seems to be very even. The coating is durable and really easy to clean. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars My great inheritance, September 1, 2013
I inherited my grandmother's orange Le Cruste that is older than I am, so past 50. It is the best for stews, braises, chili, pot roast or anything else you cook long and slow. I do not think pot roast tastes right if it does not come out of Nana's pan. A few scratches or dings just add to the patina. I have friends who covet my Le Cruset. My niese says she gets it when I die. They are expensive, but a lifetime (or longer) investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars A homerun!, August 21, 2013
This was a shower gift and my niece was absolutely delighted with the flame french oven. My gift was a big hit.

5.0 out of 5 stars LeCreuset enameled cast iron 7 1/4 qt, December 15, 2009
The item was delivered in record time. The pot was exactly what we expected. Will definitely return to this site for future purchases.