Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on July 17, 2011
I was shopping for a Le Creuset dutch oven for a long time because they are expensive. I was lucky to find mine in Amazon for less than $200 (now they are higher in price!) so I grabbed it without thinking twice. I AM SO HAPPY with my purchase! Food does really taste better when slowly cooked in this pot (psychological effect?). Follow the instructions in the booklet that comes with the package and your dutch oven will last forever. The enameled surface makes it so easy to clean. The lid fits tight and heavy (not a bit of steam escapes). I found that this particular size (6-3/4 qt) is ideal for a family of 5+ or if you are planning to cook whole chickens or big roasts. I was a little concerned about the kiwi color but it looked beautiful when I opened the box. I am a happy camper with my Le Creuset and you will be too!
on January 24, 2011
As with all Le Creuset, this french oven is beautiful. The colored enamel is eye catching and gorgeous, making an easy transition from stove top or oven to table top. I love being able to take it straight from the table to fridge for leftover storage.

As a vegetarian, I can't speak to this item's usefulness in roasts and meat applications (many other reviewers have already done so, anyway). I can say that it is the perfect size for large batches of soup, stews, and chili. The even heat distribution over low heat is perfect for a multitude of cooking techniques. This oven has relegated my slow cooker to a far back shelf, as I much prefer the results from a slow simmer in the french oven to the slow cooker's results.
on July 12, 2013
We had this French Oven, in Kiwi Green for years. When we moved, the movers must have dropped it, hard, since it broke. Unfortunately, the Kiwi is discontinued, but we will search, because we want another! Great pan, excellent for cooking anything and everything.
on January 23, 2008
The product was of good quality but extremely overpriced based on subsequent findings. In fact I returned the item (and I have been waiting for a refund for nearly three weeks now!) because I found it locally in a cooking store at a price of more than $100 less than what I paid Amazon. Even with paying postage both ways totalling $40.00 the new source was a better deal.

So much for Amazon's assertions of competitive prices and good customer service.

I returned the item to you under RMA 0102-150549839 per your return policy on January 2, 2008. Although I have communicated with the department and know that they have received the item back, I'm still waiting for an Le Creuset 6-3/4 Quart Wide French Oven, Kiwiactual result.
44 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse