5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for me, great quality
Published on October 17, 2010 by Sarah

1.0 out of 5 stars Made In China
It is pretty, but the interior glaze is coming off. I have only used it twice. I hand washed it, too. It is made in China. Had I know that I never would have ordered it. It is pretty, but no better than the cheaper stuff made in China.
Published on March 24, 2012 by Sun City

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for me, great quality, October 17, 2010
I love this mug. I love that it's lead and cadmium free, which is why I originally bought it (safety reasons). I drink tea a lot, so I don't want chemicals building up in my body. This is a great safe alternative to other mugs. Also, it's sooo aesthetically wonderful, and easy to use! The handle is not too thin or not too thick -- it's about 1.25 inches (handle hole) and the handle itself is 0.25 inches (handle part). The top of the cup is slightly flared, making drinking easier, and it's 3.5 inches wide. It's 4 inches tall. And it looks simple, elegant but durable. Love it! Very thankful and happy I could get it, thanks Amazon for offering this!

5.0 out of 5 stars No lead, September 14, 2012
BarrySDCA "barrysdca" (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
We ordered one of these to check out the quality before ordering more. The 'made in china' sticker was concerning, and so I used a lead test kit to determine if it had ANY lead in it. The test returned negative and so we are ordering more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Made In China, March 24, 2012
This review is from: Le Creuset Stoneware 12-Ounce Mug, Cassis (Kitchen)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mug I've ever owned, November 3, 2011
I'm a fan of those big sturdy coffee shop mugs. Since I'm not into stealing or austerity, I decided to buy this to spoil myself. This is a big 12 ounce mug made of sturdy crockery with a good sized handle you can really grab, and it keep a large cup of coffee warm for a while (it does, after all, have an open top). It is a bit expensive, but I only really need one mug, so what's the difference? It's the most colorful thing in my barracks room, which is nice, because I like looking at the deep blue glaze. If you're a single dude who wants a mug to write home about, this is the one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Le Creuset made in CHINA??????, February 22, 2012
JR "JR" (los angeles) - See all my reviews
With so many Made in China ceramics bleeding lead paint into our systems I decided to purchase these since Le Creuset specializes in high temperature ceramics and ironware cooking products. I figured that at least my coffee would be unleaded.
What they do not tell you is that these mugs are made in China and now I am once again worried about their quality.
I wish they'd at least mentioned this fact and I would probably not have purchased a set of them. In fairness they look good but who knows how they were made and at 11$ a pop, I can get a dozen of other made in China mugs that look the same.

1.0 out of 5 stars POOR QUALITY, February 4, 2012
Lori A. Garvie (WILLIAMSTOWN, MA, US) - See all my reviews
Very disappointed after using only three times the cup chipped on the rim.
Also the removable "made in China" sticker on the bottom of the cup is not was I expected from Le Creuset.
I will be returning all four mugs.
While nice to look at, I do not recommend these cups to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars LeCruset Mugs Made in China?, March 16, 2012
I also was disappointed that my LeCruset mug was made in China. I have one that I have had for about a year that has "Lead Free" engraved on the bottom. I will be sending my four mugs back if they are made in China and if I do not see "Lead Free" permanently written on the bottom when the other three arrive sometime next weekLe Creuset Stoneware 12-Ounce Mug, Cherry. After all, the reason for ordering them was "LEAD FREE".

1.0 out of 5 stars Le Creuset yet MADE IN CHINA, January 6, 2012
After using a fantastic Le Creuset dutch oven for months, I thought my wife would love this mug as a Christmas gift. Unfortunately, its flimsy handle and thin design don't stand up to the quality we've come to expect. Also, it is MADE IN CHINA and not France.

5.0 out of 5 stars lead free, April 6, 2013
Red Asya (Madison, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This mug (in blue) was a present and I loved it so much I wanted to buy more. But after all the negative comments here, I got worried about lead content. I bought a test kit at an Ace hardware store, and the test came out negative, showing no lead content. I tried the test on another piece that I had my doubts about, and sure enough, that test was positive. So the test seems to be working fine. On re-reading the reviews, I was struck that people had jumped to the conclusion about lead, based only on the fact that they're manufactured in China. Given past stories about items made in China, the concern is understandable, but writing very negative reviews based on speculation is unjustified. I'm now ordering a few more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly Right, October 31, 2010
Lighthouse1 (Santa Monica, California) - See all my reviews
I purchased 4 of these mugs after looking at hundreds online. The color blue has several shadings making it look very rich. The mug has weight that gives it an expensive feel. Price at $10 is a great deal, especially after comparing it to so many others on several websites.

Le Creuset Stoneware 12-Ounce Mug, Cassis