5.0 out of 5 stars Both fun and thought-provoking
I've never written a fan letter before, but since listening to this album, I'm very tempted to write the three talented women of Le Tigre and thank them for reclaiming music as a medium that can inform, challenge, entertain, and inspire.
Not only are the songs themselves danceable and full of great melodies, but the lyrics are worth a close listen. The names...
Published on June 10, 2000 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
I expected a lot more but it's a fun listen.
Published 2 months ago by FRANK DEVAN

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy fun, January 16, 2006
This review is from: Le Tigre (Audio CD)
Le Tigre can be a very cool act, but its output is not nearly as good as Bikini Kill's, Kathleen Hannah's previous band. Appearently, *the* riot girl and her band mates were trying to do a weird electronic record, with intentional use of bad synths and dated early 80's sound effects that are reminiscent of those funny songs you like even if you know they aren't good at all. The results vary in quality. First single ''Hot Topic'' is not the piece of art of a wordsmith, but it's damn catchy! ''Deceptacon'' is sure fun at your next party, and the angry ''The The Empty'' is no more than a so-so song with valid reflexions about posers. But some posers, specially the ones who hype this and other bands with absolutelly no criteria to evaluate their music, are the only ones who could enjoy the silly cuts ''Friendship Station'' and ''Fanta'' and the totally disposable ''What's yr Take on Cassavettes''. Despite of its inconsistency, the intentionally trashy & cheesy style of this album can still make you shake and smile sometimes. The same cannot be said about their future lousy records.

5.0 out of 5 stars SOOOOO GRRRRREAT!!, June 5, 2001
!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars one of my all-time fav CDs, March 14, 2000
This review is from: Le Tigre (Audio CD)
I instantly fell in love with Le Tigre, it was one of those magical experiences at the listening station where I knew this cd would affect me so much as to leave a deep impact crater a mile wide!
I have been listening to it for weeks...just listen to it...NOW!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for a party, not for deep thought..., April 27, 2001
Lyric Saison (Cambridge, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Le Tigre (Audio CD)
My fondest memory of this CD is dancing with a bunch of friends in a half-empty to "Hot Topic". I immediately rushed out and bought the whole CD, ready for more fun. After listening to it a few times, I'm not quite as excited. The musicians seem to be having fun, but that alone won't make it good. There's a real "Hey Girls, let's start a band!" slumber-party feel to it. I feel like a few too many people told them they were really good and they swelled heads and put out a full CD before they tightened up their act.

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, January 2, 2004
This review is from: Le Tigre (Audio CD)
Brilliant and fun music, very similar to Julie Ruin, but better.
Kathleen Hanna sounds a little sweeter than she does in bikinikill but the spunky lyrics remind you of who you are listening to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dude don't tell anyone..., February 20, 2006
M. C Wright "It Is He!" (Indianapolis, IN USofA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Le Tigre (Audio CD)
Okay brah, so like I was at the beach the other day, you know checkin' the beach hunnies and dude all the sudden I heard some crazy sound. I was like "whoa..." I mean I heard nothing like it, I ended up dancing with these dudes and we tottally just got down with the music. Then I heard it was Le Tigre and I was "no way!" I mean I heard so much... brah listen... I heard a bit about them on the message board, ya know brah (dude tottally bashed some newb on it) and dude, so I was dancing not caring and I just wanna bump and grind with a hottie. So brah, the dude who brought the stereo is all like "guys, I really gotta go..." and I was like "naw brah! Where can I find this cd?" The dude had a little mustache and he wore short swimming trunks, he looked like such a fruit brah! So dude was like "ummm... the internet." I was all like "what store is that? I haven't heard of it." He just looked at me and handed me the cd saying "dude, you are misguided, luckily I own 3 of these in such cases." So I get home dude and I put this in my stereo and I was like "whoa... whoa... this is kinda fruity." So yeah I love this but don't tell the dudes... Hey how come you haven't been on the message board lately bro? I mean we miss you, dudes always saying "wheres MyChemicalBro22?" Dude I can't cover for you forever, if you don't start posting again everyone will think your a noob! Dude I bet girls dig a dude that listens to Le Tigre. I wish I could listen to music when we surf, I'd tottally listen to this. Remeber that day we were playing Beach Volleyball and we didn't have shirts on cause we were skins and we tottally one that clincher and hugged eachother but then felt gay, that's kinda like what this record is like. Brah gotta go, high tide...

-MyChemicalBro21

2.0 out of 5 stars 2 girls, 3 girls, or no girls...does it matter?, August 8, 2005
This review is from: Le Tigre (Audio CD)
If going to see a concert doesn't neccicarily expect the creation of live music, then I guess this band is ok.

But I went to see Le Tigre play-- and while they did get everybody to dance, I was shocked to see that all they did for half their songs was press play and then dance metaphorically-sloppy corriographed dance moves. The Le Tigre experience means shouting a "mediocre" theme repeatedly and jumping from side to side tossing your head... I just think other bands have achieved this and even more. I am concearned because of how old most of the audience was... in their late teens and early 20s. Maybe it's the X and coke and heroine coming back in place of LSD... kids are not wandering into other levels of the room, they are ripping up the sheets and jumping on the bed of rock and roll.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sure, yeah, I guess I liked it..., August 2, 2002
This review is from: Le Tigre (Audio CD)
But I just have one question: why do girls (yes, GIRLS) love the Casio sound so much? Rinky-tink-tink or bleep-bloop-blop, they love it. Simple, innocent, non-threatening, I guess. And maybe just a little cute. No, not maybe, definitely. Feminist perspective, of sorts, or not, they still seem to want to be all the things that the Casio sound (all I can think to name it) conveys. Simple, innocent, non-threatening, and cute. Cutesy spoken intros, little girl voice, rinky-tink instruments, right alongside the outspoken views and personal confession. Guess it's the whole riot-grrrrrrrrl influence. Growling, but still little girls. But girl, you'll be a woman soon. What you gonna write and how you gonna sing and play when the freshness is gone from your complexion and you're not a girl any more? And will you be able to do these same songs then? Nothing to be concerned about now, but I gotta wonder. That don't mean I didn't like the album. It's good, you should check it out. There's more to the sound than the Casio influence, which just steps in here and there. Just some advice, girls - keep the Casio (whether that's what you're using or not, I actually like it), but GET NEW HAIRCUTS!

3.0 out of 5 stars Tries a bit hard --, October 21, 2002
Greg Goodsell "Kitsch Man" (Bakersfield, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Le Tigre (Audio CD)
Le Tigre is a feminist, quasi-lesbian band that uses sparse, minimalist techno to prove their point. In order to enjoy, you must be willing to hear the lyrics screamed and shouted. Maybe the members will go on to bigger and better things with a broader based appeal.

Le Tigre
Le Tigre by Le Tigre (Audio CD - 1999)